Reviews for Legacy of Valshannar
Chase07 chapter 6 . 11/11/2013
Hi there and good day! I've read your Hammer of Terrascar in a week or so and all I can say is that you really did justice to the original FE7. It's really good coming up with those ideas to say the least. The way you incorporated some chapters together really made it worth reading. The story had some flaws in between but hey, who am I to scrutinize your work? There also were some minor tenses and grammar issue here and there but that's the work of a copy-reader, right? If you want to know how I rated your Hammer Story, well, I'm following your sequel right now and itching to read chapter 7 _. By the way, how often do you update your Legacy of Valshanar?
Cormag Ravenstaff chapter 6 . 7/7/2013
I know its unlikely that you'll ever update, but due note, it isn't just me who would read this again!
patattack chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
I normally wouldn't communicate like this, but since you have the PM feature disabled...

Anyway, I'm re-writing some chapters of my own FE7 fic, and I was wondering if I could bother you to use a few of your ideas to build onto for some of the stuff I'm working on.
Lord Lelouch chapter 6 . 2/3/2011
I've read your story Hammer of Terrascar and I must say it was awesome. I just finished reading all of this as well. I know you haven't updated in what 5 to 6 years but I hope you haven't abandoned this story. Its actually pretty good.

Though there one thing that bug me and its the fact that Eliwood never got to see battle in FE 6. I was wondering whether or not you'd at least give him a glorious end in the field of battle.

A CHALLENGE FOR YOU:

Oh an on another note, I was wondering if you ever considered writing an FE 7 story without Mark, the tactician but with Eliwood serving as tactician of his group. I mean you could make a background history for Eliwood's childhood a little and show some of the battles he's been in before his father disappeared.

I always did think that Eliwood, was just too overly done by the creators of FE in idealistic category, so could you make him a person who while idealistic understand that the world is a cruel place and slowly become disiillusioned. I mean the man is the heir of Pherae so obviously should know how cruel the world is. He's obviously a great statesman and politician if we refer to FE6. Plus Pherae one of Lycia's most powerful territory, he'd obviously be a capable warrior in fact FE 6 did say that he is the greatest warrior in all of Lycia. Seriously how the hell could they have made him too sick to fight.

Oh and your free to add an OC or two into Eliwood's starting group when he leaves Pherae in search for his father. Oh and Eliwood while a master swordman should also have some knowledge with a bow and a lance. You can substitute both of them for magic if you like. It would be okay if Eliwood fights on horse back, since your story is suppose to be realistic cavalrymen need not always fight on horseback they should be able to fight on foot as well.

Also I know I'm probably going to be given shit for this by the other reviewer but if you ever do write a story like this could you please make it an Eliwood/Lyndis pairing. Really no one really appreciates this pairing, its actually quite good if you asked me. Plus Roy looks like he takes more after Lyndis than Ninian if you try to make a comparison.

So could you take this as a challenge a possibly write a story like this.

I HOPE YOU WILL REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. I WOULD USUALLY PM YOU BUT I CAN'T FIND ONE ON YOUR PROFILE SO IF YOU COULD GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL WE CAN CORRESPOND WITH EACH OTHER.
DotDotDotMan chapter 6 . 7/26/2010
Hi, Servant of GOD.

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed your story. I remember reading the first chapter of your original story, Hammer of Terrascars, way back when it first came out which was... 5 years ago. Damn, it's been a long time. I was young then, younger then i am now, and more in love with Fire Emblem.

Since then, i got older, matured a bit, and grew up a bit. I'm at a different time in my life right now, where games weren't the main thing in my life anymore. I recently took a swipe at FE7 again, and found that i still get teary eyed whenever i saw the scene with Leila.

Playing that chapter reminded me of your story, and logged back into this account to look for your story, wondering if i liked it so much because it was good, or because I was just so young and didn't know any better.

So I read the prologue... then chapter one, then chapter two, which led to an all day

re-devouring of your depiction of FE7... and having played FE6, led to sitting down and reading Legacy of Valshannar again.. and ACTUALLY getting what was happening this time.

(Oh, just a random note how your story affected my gameplay. Because i read Legacy before playing FE6, I thought Saul could use light magic. When that chapter finally came, i was so SHOCKED and disappointed that he couldn't, I immediately trained him until he could. But that's besides the point).

The point is that rereading the story reminded me of how much I loved your story when i was young, and how much i still love it.

Of all the Fire Emblem stories i have read and loved, this is THE one that i still love and remember.

And while it looks like you haven't updated the story since the release of chapter 6, which was out.. 2006(!) I still enjoyed every line and every little update of how our favorite characters fared since the amazing first book.

Actually, not sure if FE6/7 are your favorite characters anymore, 5 years can change someone incredibly. Hell, a YEAR can change someone drastically, i can't imagine how 5 years must have done.

oh, and incase your didn't remember who i was at this point, i was your insane fanboy "dotdotdotman". Thought I should just say that.

But yea, I would love another chapter, but by now, who knows where you are, or how you've been, and what you've have been up to, and so to demand a new chapter from my favorite adventure/drama writer of all time, is what 15 year-old-me would do.

Rather, I'll just go back and wait until the day I'll get a email informing me that you've written something anew and and shared it to the world.

In anycase, i hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Josh (dotdotdotman)
Mopsy93 chapter 5 . 10/22/2009
Okay this isn't the first time this idea has crossed my mind but this is ther first time I actually wrote anything about it. Here Ninian is Roy's mother, we all know that Ninian is half Manakete and her father is Nergal. So therefore in this case Roy is technically quarter Manakete and Nergal is his Grandfather on his mother's side. I don't think that Eliwood considered this (especially the having Nergal as his father in-law) when he married Ninian though. Just putting it out there.
FionordeQuester chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
So uh...are you actually still working on this story or what? Cuz if you aren't, I'd really appreciate it if you'd just say so...
Aryk von Straln chapter 2 . 6/7/2008
Urg...wow that was...descriptive...I'm going to have to read that several times if I want to understand it I think. On a more light-hearted note I would like to draw attention to a certain description given early on. Dart referring to the 'hammer bros', I will not deny that the first thought that came to my mind was 'Where's the plumber?'. I know that sounds retarded but I can't help it at 3 AM. Anyways until next time...

I bid you farewell! Adieu!
Aryk von Straln chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
Hm, I just finished The Hammer an hour ago and refrained from writing reviews for it being as it was complete but I will not hesitate to mention that the glowing recommendation I found concerning it was not at all unfounded. Anyways I would like to offer a couple of half-speculations that I've made concerning two characters you introduced. Firstly Xavier. An blind old man, scarred too I believe although I'm likely mistaken, with a limp no doubt due to a wound inflicted to his leg and we can't forget the most important feature: the golden eyes that anyone who has played FE 7 would recognize. Secondly is the brand new character Dreyakis. Only two things I would like to note, and the only ones mentioned I believe, one being the lack of an arm and the fact that he's been serving with Xavier for the past 20 years...since Xavier was first introduced. I think you might be able to figure out why I mention these little facts and am eagerly looking forward to finding out whether my speculations ring true so until next time...

I bid you farewell! Adieu!
FionordeQuester chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Really nice story so far, I like how Roy and his companions tricked Wendago the way they did. Hm, so now Xavier's (*cough*MARK*cough*)is going to be keepin an eye on things? Ho boy...Roy and his merry band had better be prepared...
CaTigeReptile chapter 6 . 1/6/2008
This story is . . . amazing. I love this. You give time and personality to ALL (I think) of the characters in the game. Your writing style is a pleasure to read, and your descriptions allow me to picture each scene with ease. I know that college is a pain, I'm with you there, but I hope you can spend some of your spare time continuing this story! Don't feel pressured, though, because this particular game does go into tangents that would make this story brutally stressful for you to finish (length-wise).
Sain The Emerald Spear chapter 6 . 10/22/2007
Wheres chapter 6? :(

The best part of your stories is the detail, it submerges one into a medieval setting, and thats great. Oh yeah, Sain action for the win!
JiigarGhen chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
Hey man, just wanted to say that you are probably the best author of fanfiction I have ever read. Actually, I think you should seriously think about sending your story into Nintendo, see if they can get it published or something...Anyway, hope you update soon, I know you're probably busy at college (actually, so am I), but you have your own fanbase now, and they're all starting to stress out.
Juanaxu chapter 6 . 8/10/2007
ahh!

Darn it, why do you have to stop writing? Please, PLEASE update soon, it's too good a story to leave hanging like this!
WaterDragon chapter 6 . 6/16/2007
very good story so far! hope you update soon!