Reviews for Know Why
Jimaine chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
Wow.

I've always liked Tim, though I've read little with him in it, and this is an insight into him, into character interactions and into several very important and often untouched aspects of the superhero genre. You manage to critize as well as explain without becoming trite, and have written something that not only applies to Tim, but to the entire genre.

Now, I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but that's okay 'cause the various things in his fic require interpretation. I loved that the reason behind Tim being so very secretive about his identity is, at least subconsciously, because he doesn't know who Tim is - or rather, how to seperate Tim and Robin. He seems to think he can only be the one - and being Robin is, despite the fighting and hiding and other complications, far easier than being Tim, who's a cautious teenage boy who hasn't yet figured out who he is yet. Robin - everyone knows who Robin is. But Tim? It's like Batman and Bruce Wayne - Bruce Wayne is Batman's alternate identity instead of the other way around. Only with Tim it's 'worse' - there is really no definite person who is Tim Drake, and so there is only Robin.

Anyway. That's the best thing I got out of this fic - I really liked it. Keep writing.
Katarin MoonStar chapter 1 . 8/12/2002
Did you by any chance read our town before writing this? Very good use of limited movement to get your point across.
catspaw18 chapter 1 . 9/16/2001
Wow. Great piece of work. The imagery that you used was great. I could see the story as I read it. This would make a great comic book. If only DC listened to the little people. Keep up the great work.
Greywolf Lupous chapter 1 . 7/8/2001
I loved it! (Liked it so much I signed in just to put it on my favorites!) I *really* like how you pointed out all of Jack's contradictory statements and actions, something I never really picked up on. Loved it all, but especially Tim's perceptions on Batman and his dad. Keep up the good work.
DJ Comicbook chapter 1 . 5/9/2001
...very very good.. you're deep, man. Teach me in the ways of the force...
Tim D chapter 1 . 5/6/2001
Very nicely done. Truly a biting commentary into Tim's life. I enjoy how everyone does everything in the best interests of Tim, when the fact is that they really do it all for themselves. It's really nice the way you build up the angst till the very end where Tim dons the outfit. That was a pretty moving scene. Nicely done.
nikoru chapter 1 . 4/28/2001
Excellent. A really interesting use of setting and script-type writing.
Crystal chapter 1 . 4/27/2001
Interesting... cool idea. It'd be nice to see this with all of the different characters; Babs, Dick, Bruce, even Alfred and Commish Gordon.
Icon chapter 1 . 4/27/2001
Quite remarkable! Insightful and powerful, showing Tim's thoughts in ways I'd never imagined before and the comic has glossed over (Especially the parental comments). No Alfred or Dick though?

Simple, original _and_ elegant! Congratulations on a fine fic!
Kaat chapter 1 . 4/26/2001
What can I say but, wow, this is. . . incredible. Just, wow.