Reviews for 19: Another Time
walmar chapter 14 . 2/15
Just read and wondering if there is more, seems unfinished
Darkflame's Pyre chapter 14 . 4/17/2012
Ooh. I really hope he doesn't get erased!
Chemical Girl chapter 14 . 1/18/2006
Wow, the end already? I'm drumming my fingers here impatiently waiting for the next story in the series. I nearly fell off my chair at that little revelation (when did they do that!), wonder what everyone will think, if indeed they will ever find out with Five protecting John. Glad that the Hood is gone again, though you have to love him in an odd way, he is an excellent villian.
Agent Five chapter 14 . 1/18/2006
Oh, that's just brilliant!

You can feel the panic in the crew and the heartache that they know John was there and yet can't quite ...

And then Linda and her rather familiar, protective gesture. One that every woman recognises. And one that, on the one hand, is just wonderful and yet is also SO damned sad ...

They'll get their man.

They just have to.

Fantastic end to an amazing chapter in your 'verse. Breath-taking and awesome in it's style and complexity.

Here's hoping every day life doesn't keep Episode 20 on the back burner for too long ...

xx
darkhelmetj chapter 14 . 1/17/2006
Go Pete! It's a chance of fate that he arrived 'ahead' of time from everyone else. This way, at least he can scribe it all down and have the story to keep.

I agree with Tikatu - knockeout by leaf, anyone? ;) Har, Five is sneaky. Sneaky, sneaky quantum computer!

Looking forward (immensely so) to the next story. John has a lot of sorting out to do, and we can never abandon the astronaut team. Gerry Anderson would have lucked out every creating something like them himself. ;)

(On a side note, just read the story "Martian Odyssey" for my sci-fi literature class. Is the "Ares" name of the ship a tip to that? :D)
i'mpeckable chapter 14 . 1/16/2006
Oh, my! You do know how to throw a curve, don't you?
Tikatu chapter 14 . 1/16/2006
Yay for Pete for realizing what's going on with their memories and for writing down his experiences. Now the others need to do the same before those things slip away as never having happened. And you could have knocked me over with a feather when you revealed Linda's little "secret".

Waiting to see how you wrap all this up. (Next story, I suppose?)

Glad to see that Hood is well and truly gone. Now, Five needs to power up, and the family needs to deal with the aftermath of all this (if their memories will allow them to).
darkhelmetj chapter 13 . 1/14/2006
Wow oh wow oh wow . . . I'm not even sure where to start. This story has been building since it began, and the climax . . . wow. The little interwoven bits of sci-fi technology only serve to underline the very human characters you've created in this piece. After reading up to this point, I would swear that I've met Denise and Dawn, Ken and Genine . . . and it's hard for me, right now, to get enthralled in a fic as much as I did here. I can't even pick out a favourite part, because to me, the entire thing was breathtaking.

I did particularly like the last chapter, with the flashback scene on the ranch. I could see it playing in my head like a movie. Too much anime, perhaps, on my part, but all the same, wonderfully effective. It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out at the end, and who remembers what of John. My inner geek was also oohing over the pixelated cloud effect. That was totally unique, and a great idea to put in. :)

On a side note, would you believe that my computer has literally been offline since Five went off? ;) Granted, it was just the laptop screen monitor, but if repair shop wait times are anything like Quantum computer overloads . . .

Anyway, a wonderful installment. I look forward to the next chapter/story, or whatever comes next! :D
Sam1 chapter 13 . 1/14/2006
Sorry I haven't reviewed but I have been following your story and have been totally enthralled by it.
Varda's Servant chapter 13 . 1/14/2006
... eek.

*peeks*

Eek! Ack!

Whew...

...

Right, so now that my blood pressure is skyrocketing, but sort of not...

Poor John, convinced that he won't make it to Heaven. His thought's aren't *that* bad. And I swear, every time I read bits about/with Ken, my heart just warms right up. He's the sweetest fictional boy I've ever met. :-D

Hey Dad? *Hey Dad*?

*sigh*

Yup. That sounds like John alright. :-P

Oh, and the randomly added "two women and young man" that were fighting to get to John in the last chapter... They wouldn't happen to be our renegade astronauts, would they?

Of course, their memories can't be modified to forget John went ot Mars, else their chats about the 'picnic' wouldn't work. I don't know if you planned that in, or if not, but hey, at least *someone* will remember his accomplishment.

E! Is there more? Please? :-D
Agent Five chapter 13 . 1/14/2006
Aw ... man ... how DO you do it? Another instalment fills the screen and all other worldly cares fade into insignificance ...

Just gorgeous. I'm stunned by the beauty of John's memory - even with barbed wire injuries! And a tear-bringing moment of insight into how his mind works. His rationale for not getting into heaven, so child-like and innocent.

And I know this is fiction but - damn - you make these guys so very real! So right now, despite all other concerns, all is well in the world because John loves his dad more than he can acknowledge; enough to defy the power of the Hood and miss.

Just ... perfect.
Eternal Density chapter 13 . 1/14/2006
Wow, it's sneaky how you cut from a past memory back to the present. Very well executed. I guess it's an okay spot to end one story and start the next, but there'd better be more.

Oh, and the whole convoluted timeline is half the fun. I love that kinda stuff! :D

~ED
Agent Five chapter 12 . 1/10/2006
Oh holy crap ...

... dude ...

Sorry, having trouble co-ordinating fingers numbed from lack of oxygen!

That chapter is simply stunning. Possibly the best yet. I'm astounded! The sudden, traumatic panic of John reaching out to everyone. And the imagery and chaos of the scenes at Princetown.

Amazing. His gauntlet run through the Hood's attack is just wonderful. With detail enough to know how badly he's been hit and yet not too much to cross the ratings barrier.

And now Jeff has got there just in time to see the flash of yellow and the gun.

And yet I'm actually glad to not have another chapter yet ... gives me time to breathe!
Agent Five chapter 11 . 1/10/2006
Awesome! Back on track from the exposition of the previous chapters and straight on down to all-action, holding-your-breath goodness!

Would normally write more detail but there's another chapter a-waiting! (And - besides - I hope, after all this time, you know what I'm thinking ;o) ...)
Tikatu chapter 12 . 1/9/2006
*Supposed* to be the last chapter? Does that mean that we get a lucky 13? I most certainly hope so because you left us at the most cliffiest cliff hanger I've ever experienced!

When John questioned why NASA was looking for him (and seemingly found him) his mental question made me think that perhaps he has forgotten (in the shifting of realities) about his trip to Mars. What a shame it would be, because he has four friends from that endeavor, four friends who would/are doing everything they can to find him and who would be the kind of true friends he needs, even if he is back to being a teenager. Though, if he doesn't "go to Mars", then that solves the John/Dr. Bennett complication, doesn't it?

The sudden reappearance of Drew surprised me as much as it did John, and this is the reason I wish I could have seen more of their relationship develop.

And as far as that bit with the chips and the stun signal is concerned, I've reread it and it makes more sense now. Sometimes I have to reread your chapters to get the nuances and to make the tech make sense in my head.

Good to see John back helping his family. And it looks like what Fielding did in that bunker is what came to haunt (and pinpoint) John for the Hood.

One more chapter? Please? The ultimate, final destruction of the Hood... before he kills Jeff, please?
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »