Reviews for Friends and Lovers
Golden Circle chapter 5 . 12/9/2005
An all-round nice end to a story that builds a bridge between two parts of the /Bloodstone/ series. (that's what I call it, anyway.) The TailsXCream bit balanced out the sombre ending later on.

My regular Tails commentary: Tails doing what he did was character building. But to be honest, when I first read through this I didn't think of Cream's angle like that. Now that I think about it, yeah I can see why he might think she'd be upset. Thank goodness it turned out alright in the end.

It's good to see Mighty got her own back. (pun unintended.) What they did to her wasn't really nice. But, a drop of bubbly to get rid of the itching powder? Heh, whatever's on hand I suppose... although I doubt the odd drop bubbly would feel any better than itching powder. It must still hurt. Poor Mighty, she means well but seems to come off second best.

I admire Locke for doing what he did. He's got real strength of character. I doubt that Knuckles would be able to go through something like that. You communicated that part effectively. It doesn't matter if the reader has different "affiliations" or such in the fandom, they'll like the story anyway. An entertaining read.

I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that you don't have as many reviews as others do. You're a whole better than them.
Golden Circle chapter 4 . 12/9/2005
What stands out to me about this chapter is Tail's dreamy look just before Sonic picked him up. So Funny. He really doesn't know what's going on. Laundry Detergent? Haha. If it's only with Cream, what does Vanilla wash her clothes in? His brain really does turn to mush if he thinks /that's/ the reason why!

Recounting Mighty's trip with Big was a nice trick. Don't have to write it in detail then. I guess you were stuck on that little bit and had to put it in there. Pulled it off well though, so you won't find any complaints from me.

Another cliffhanger: Yep, Locke doing that definitely wasn't thought possible, especially at the eleventh hour. I remember from my first read that I should've thought he'd do something like that. Oh well, I can't /always/ predict everything.
Golden Circle chapter 3 . 12/9/2005
It's good that Tails is so tired. With that much noise in the house, I'm surprised that he'll get any. ;-)

I liked the backstory about what's going in other places. It makes the chapter as a whole more interesting; it's as if time down below doesn't suddenly stop when we talk about what's happening in Angel island.

So Tails and Lara are closer than they look. I think this came up a little in "Iron Skin, Golden Heart" when the stag night was on. A nice reminder. I had almost forgotten about that.

Plotwise, I can see a few threads starting to come together at this stage. How do you write plots that are so detailed? I've tried writing a Tails/Cream bit as an extension to this fic, but it is obvious where I'm taking it. Urgh. I can only write what comes into my head.
Golden Circle chapter 2 . 12/9/2005
Heh. I like Tails. In most fics he somehow always manages to shift into the background. It's nice to read about him in a series like this.

Interesting characterisation: Tails is smart, yeah, but he knows nothing about "da Nile" and that river in Egypt. Smart as anything but naive to a fault.

In my opinion, Tails is the most interesting character to write if I could get his character down pat. He's so obvious in who he is, but so elusive at the same time it's hard to get him right. However, the Tail/Cream dynamic, I think, draws the inner Tails out.

As for the Brotherhood, Thunderhawk sure was subtle about he wanted, wasn't he? ;-)

Stag night number 2, coming right up.
Golden Circle chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
Like I promised, a review!

What I liked the most about this chapter were the nice, long paragraphs of descriptive words. Really, they are a mark of the more mature fic-writers out there.

The process of telling Locke was nice and drawn out. Well done! I like a bit of tension in the air.

Locke's reaction though wasn't the typical cliche response of going all bitter and emotionless. Despite all that happened, he still has feelings and looking out for Lara is his first priority. Funnily enough, if I was to write Locke go through that I'd write it about the same way.
Pyrokinetics chapter 5 . 12/4/2005
:) lol, Cream and Tails are so cute!
Ri2 chapter 5 . 12/4/2005
Well, that went pretty much as I expected. Knew Locke wasn't really going to disrupt the wedding. Did he really have to put everyone to sleep, though? He couldn't have cornered Wyn in the bathroom or something?

And somehow, I knew that's what Tails got as a present too, the little scamp.

And Locke...really needs some help, but hopefully now he can recover. Hopefully.

Nice work, as always.
Ri2 chapter 5 . 12/4/2005

And somehow, I knew that's what Tails got as a present too, the little scamp.

Nice work, as always.
hammy ham ham chapter 5 . 11/30/2005
More tales from the school yard, today I got hit in the head by a pinecone, a badmitten birdy(several times), a tennis racket, and a kid's head. Also, I stubbed my toe trying to get to class on time, so now my toe nail's part removed on one side.

Injuries aside, it's time to review!

I wasn't expecting locke to do that, that's for sure. Such a brave soul, he punishes himself so badly.

Someone else's turn to drop a bombshell, that wouldn't happen to include a certain echidna and bat couple would it?
Ri2 chapter 4 . 11/27/2005
Aw, Tails and Cream so sweet! _ No Tails, that feeling you get isn't Vanilla's washing powder, it's L-o-v-e LOVE.

Hickory nut vinegar...*shudders*

And now Locke's showed up. Great. I know he's not going to try and break up the wedding...he promised, right?...So he must be here to talk...civilly...to Wyn...right? About Lara...

This don't look too good...

On another note, I'm slightly disappointed we didn't get to meet Big's family in person. It was nice to hear about Mighty's trip to see them, but it's not the same. Will we see them again in the future?
hammy ham ham chapter 4 . 11/27/2005
Something's gotta be up with me, third time in a row I was getting home and thought "gee, a new chapter should be up soon" and as soon as I check my email, there it is, sure enough.

Locke, you little demon, you watch out, I'm the little lump of soil in the flower pot! You do anything rash and I'll give you the boot, and the claw, and the tooth as well...
Pyrokinetics chapter 4 . 11/27/2005
Urgh, I remember my mom giving me something similar to that...mashed up tomamto with vinegar and cola...*shudders*

hm wonder what Locke's doing here? better not be causing trouble...
Ri2 chapter 3 . 11/24/2005
Poor Locke...

Hmm. Should Lara and Wyn adopt Tails?
Pyrokinetics chapter 3 . 11/24/2005
the red bull demon is very cold and will now fall asleep after reading the good story...
hammy ham ham chapter 3 . 11/24/2005
Too bad about shadow the hedgehog, maybe they'll come out with a computer one too.

Half way through I was wondering when the 'lovers' part of 'friends and lovers' would come out, and lo and behold, it did. Hehe, does that mean Knuckles and Rouge are going to have something going on soon?

There's been something I've been wondering about. In Bloodstone Rose, when Knuckles and Rouge kissed but got discouragement from vanilla, they said they'd done a bit more than kissing, but later on it is stated they hadn't done anything imtimate. What's that all about?

Yes, I remembered all that off memory.