Reviews for Race Against Time
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 14 . 2/11/2012
SPD might not be one of my favourite series of ‘Power Rangers’, but it still had its interesting moments, and you definitely captured the best of them here; nice job.

The mystery of Syd’s absence was obvious without being ‘in-your-face’ about the fact that something strange had happened, and subsequent developments as you pitted the SPD against some of the worst villains from the classic series while also exploring the mystery of Syd’s amnesia was very well-done.

While I have trouble figuring out why Master Vile would resurrect KLANK of all people to help him- I suppose him being essentially a robot made him easier to bring back than, say, Finster or Goldar, but it still seemed like a rather strange choice given Klank’s general lack of combat skills and the easy way in which he accepted Syd’s apparent acceptance of the deal where other henchmen would have suspected that she intended to resist-, in the end the fact that Master Vile was back more than made up for that, and Nova’s presence in the cells added a few more promising questions to the mystery of his final objectives, while her true identity provided a neat link to other series (I just wish her parents had been given a chance to actively participate; it’s not like we don’t have evidence that the gems had recharged by now, after all).

The exact extent of Syd’s ‘mental trigger’ could have been explored in greater depth- apart from a couple of moments that could have just been natural panic attacks after a difficult time I never really got the impression that she was SUFFERING-, but the final fight against Vile was generally effective, even if I felt that the ‘Phoenix Power’ thing was introduced a bit too suddenly.

In general, you had some promising ideas here, but you could have improved the story by elaborating on some of the more crucial issues like how and why Vile captured Nova/Melody or where the Phoenix Powers came from.
Psycho Tangerine chapter 14 . 3/10/2010
This was a really good story.
Rom Linders chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
wow...i really love this story! you go girl!
zeo knight chapter 14 . 12/18/2006
it was interesting and the pheonix thing was kinda cool
Alexander Frost chapter 14 . 4/26/2006
Once again you have blown away all expectations. You have a real talent for writing and I mean that. Keep up the good work.
Destiny45 chapter 14 . 4/24/2006
It just occured to me I don't think I ever reviewed or read this chapter at the time for some reason. I really liked the ending, but what I really liked what the back and forth between the past and the present. It was a really unique story telling style and it worked well. Great story and looking forward to more from you.
Etcetera Kit chapter 14 . 4/24/2006
I've talked with you so much about this, that you probably know everything I'm about to say, but, here I am, reviewing despite all that. :)

The first scene of the epilogue was absolutely smoking - some of the best language I have seen you use yet! The scene and mood was evoked really well - and added an air of mystery that was perfect for the beginning of this. I especially liked the comparison of Sky to the piano - odd on the surface, but you made it work and it was great!

I enjoy the flashbacks - nice work there! (Hands shaking... *winks*) Again, that added to the sense of mystery at the beginning. We know that all is well in Newtech City, but we aren't quite sure how it got there. After the flashbacks, the reader is aware. It unfolds slowly, which was nice.

I also really liked the picture of Sky at SPD. (He likes to listen to himself talk.) Their formality fades away into their friendship and familial-ness, which also underscored how close all of them have grown since the incident with Master Vile.

The picnic was nice and tied up a few loose ends. And, I loved the last line. Nice way to bring the title into the piece and bring the piece full circle - like they're going into their next great adventure. :) Great work, captain! Can't wait to see what's to be added next to your library of fan fiction!

EK
Pink Crane chapter 14 . 4/24/2006
Hey finally read your last chapter

awesome, Sdy and Sky yes!yes!yes!

your story is awesome
TVfureak6788 chapter 14 . 4/21/2006
What a sweet and romantic story! I loved it! I was hooked from the beginning, and it's a little sad now that it's over. Good job!
the real vampire chapter 14 . 4/21/2006
Aw wow, what a cute amazing ending! Very well wrapped up!
Mz. Daydream chapter 14 . 4/20/2006
AW! Super cute! I LOVE it! And it's a good way of ending the story...I hope you're on your next story!

I'll be looking forward to it!

Love,

Miss day
garnetred chapter 14 . 4/20/2006
Excellent story. I am glad that Syd survived all that. Please write soon.
the online dreamer chapter 14 . 4/20/2006
A wonderful end to a wonderful story...
HaileyLynn chapter 14 . 4/20/2006
OMG! That was so good! I cried, it was so cute and just so good! I want to read it over again. OMG! it was so good! I've been waiting for a repost! Then this morning I went and looked and there was the last chapter! It was SO GOOD! You need to write another one like that. IT WAS REALLY GOOD! GREAT JOB!, one of my favorite parts was what Sky said at the ending chapter. AWESOME JOB!
redandblack 4eva chapter 14 . 4/20/2006
Aww! This was so good, cute too! I absolutely loved it!