Reviews for Butterfly
Eagle Hawke chapter 9 . 5/22
Awww, I'm sorry your dog died. I really am.
Anonymouse chapter 9 . 4/25
Awsome
AntiSocialBookWorm chapter 9 . 4/23
I've just discovered this particular genre of HP fanfiction (disabled!Harry) and your story is definitely one of my favorites. The first story I read (I forget the name) was about Harry having what I guessed was some form of mental retardation, to the point where he was wasn't walking until he was like 3 or 4, was still in diapers when he was 9 or 10, talked slowly and with very little words for a while, etc. and it was very realistic in showing his frustration and depression with being different from his family and those around him and dealing with bullies. In that story Petunia, with Remus' help, was shielding Harry from going to Hogwarts because there was just no way that he was going to be able to handle having Voldemort after him when he could barely take care of himself.

It's curious that your Petunia seems more open to the idea of Harry going to Hogwarts, but I'm guessing this is because she does't know that Harry will be in constant danger when he goes there. I'm curious as to how Dumbledore is going to handle this situation. In canon, Dumbledore was basically grooming Harry to be a sacrificial lamb to defeat the Dark Lord (although he did do everything he could to save him and Harry was more than willing to through himself in the battle), but would he do that now, knowing Harry is going to be so far behind his other classmates? And how is the Wizard community going to react when they learn their precious Savior is disabled?

And how is Harry going to survive in the Wizarding World, which has almost Victorian standards of childcare. Kids in Hogwarts are given instruments capable of causing serious harm (wands) and plenty of opportunities to do it. That doesn't sound like the best environment for Harry and I'm shocked Petunia (who already has a very negative outlook on magic since her sister's death) seems to be leaning into the idea of letting him go. It seems like Dumbledore, Severus and Remus are more concerned with giving the Wizarding Community their Boy Who Lived than acting in Harry's best interest, (I mean it's clear that they care about him but their priorities seem a bit misplaced) which would be to get Harry a private tutor (someone trust worthy) so his magic doesn't get out of control and letting him live a normal life in the muggle world where he can just be a normal boy and not have the pressure and dangers of being the BWL on his head.
This story has so much potential and I'm eager to see where you take this.
PS
What does Harry have? Mental Retardation? Mild Autism? Or is it like a form of what Frank and Alice have? And can it be cured (because that kinda takes the point out of giving him a disability in the first place if they can just wave a wand or make a potion and cure it)? It'd make more sense if there was some magical way of treating it rather than just outright curing it.
jadethetroll chapter 9 . 2/18
cool
e chapter 9 . 1/14
This will never ever be updated.
lizyeh2000 chapter 9 . 5/17/2015
Love your story now following! . Please update soon!
missmoonprincess123 chapter 9 . 5/6/2015
I like this story a lot
Taylor1991 chapter 9 . 8/21/2014
*adds to faves list* I hope that this hasn't been abandoned, but I suspect that it has.

is it up for adoption? I'd rather you continue it, but if you can't, plenty of us would adopt it if you are unable to devote enough time to writing it. update please!
Taylor1991 chapter 7 . 8/21/2014
oh wow...is Dudley a wizard to?
Taylor1991 chapter 6 . 8/21/2014
now that his accidental magic is surfacing when he' anxious, how will they hide it at school?

leave it to severus to ensure that the boys don't become spoiled.
Taylor1991 chapter 5 . 8/21/2014
paying for a special needs kid isn't easy. doesn't harry have a trust vault in the wizarding bank? perhaps albus can work something out where petunia receives a small stipant for harry's care monthly.
Taylor1991 chapter 4 . 8/21/2014
refreshing to see remus and severus working together quite amicably for a change.

this harry is intriguing; never read a fic where the killing curse made him mentally challenged (that's the only thing that makes sense) his behaviors don't memic just one disorder.

ah so the deputy headmistress will be running the show for now.

how will Dudley take it when harry goes to Hogwarts, if he's able to become high functioning enough to do so?

what will they do about voldie? because even if he becomes high functioning enough, I doubt that he'll ever be able to fully comprehend what he has to do to rid the world of voldemort.

like nice petunia and helpful Dudley.
Taylor1991 chapter 3 . 8/20/2014
I hope that they can work out something
Taylor1991 chapter 2 . 8/20/2014
they're definitely safe in America where they won't be bothered by harry's adoring fans of which his aunt cousin and himself know nothing about.

watching him reading was sweet.
Taylor1991 chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
Harry is so adorable.

his manorisms however are quite unique. he seems to have a combination of several different disorders if you look at it realistically, but which one specifically is he diagnosed with? he's definitely got a ld and perhaps is autistic, idk..

you have plenty of reviews, so please update and don't make us wait another six years.

glad that they left that jerk.