Reviews for The Last of Albus
bookivore chapter 35 . 6/1/2011
I find it difficult to go and read stories written pre-DH that are new to me in fear that the author might have gone overboard trying to read JKR's mind and then gone into a tailspin when DH showed up. But there is hardly a bump when you started adding in items from DH, mostly the 2nd will to hand out the 3 toys which were pretty much ignored, and it was obvious that you just kept going with your original plans (mostly). Poor Lucius, I suspect Bellatrix would have considered chapped lips or a hangnail 'unfit for service'.

I'm a bit bewildered by the Hermione-is-Snape's-niece subplot, like the sister taken to the orphanage (though it's rather confused thinking from Eileen), wonder what happened next. You're actually very good at planting little clues and getting us wondering, I would say.
cato1850 chapter 35 . 6/21/2010
Wow, this was fantastic. I can hardly wait for more, but I have to. :) Excellent job! I only wonder where all the readers are? Only 58 reviews...well, 59 now.
vivelabookworm chapter 35 . 6/19/2010
This chapter is amazing and this whole fic has been brilliant! This guy in the red robes with Severus can be one of two people, both of whom I would LOVE to see. Well, actually it could really be anyone, what with plot twists adn such, but I think it's one of two glorious Black brothers. D I'm thinking Regulus, just because I doubt Snape would be within twelve miles of Sirius unless absolutely necessary. I can hardly wait for the fic to start. It's going to be amazing, I know it! )
Teufel1987 chapter 8 . 6/19/2010
What I don't really get is why she knew nothing about magic ... surely being magical, the American magical government would have contacted her and given her an education there ... after all, there was one school that was said to have been from Salem ... it was mentioned in the fourth book ...

also, for a person who had no idea whatsoever about magic beforehand, she seems rather uninterested about people appearing and disappearing out of nowhere, shooting out streaks of light from little sticks in their hand and other stuff ... and how on earth did she perform mind magic when she had no idea about magic in the first effing place?

anyway, the story is pretty engaging so far ... I do hope that you explain all these holes later on ... I still don't get why the Dursleys are suddenly all caring and stuff ... though Harry's reaction to their change seems a bit more realistic here ... though by his fifth year, he positively hated them and as such didn't mind giving them a piece of his mind ... or telling them what he thought ...
Teufel1987 chapter 4 . 6/19/2010
Humph ... don't really know why Harry is being so open to the Dursleys suddenly ... considering the way they have been treating him for so long ... how would he think that a few weeks of kindness will just undo almost sixteen years of pain?

As for Dudley not caring about his life in Hogwarts, well, they never cared for his life period! Stuffing a kid into a cupboard for no fault of his own does not exactly give off caring vibes ... and what right does Petunia have to talk about how thin Harry is? After all, SHE was the one who didn't feed him properly when he was younger ...

Though considering the growth spurts Harry had gone through in fifth year and sixth year (as commented by Mrs Weasley) I thought that Harry had finally reached a respectable height ... after all, he was described as nearing James' height ... and James was considered to be tall ...
vivelabookworm chapter 34 . 3/21/2010
Aww! This chapter is absolutely excellent! Intense as always, but terrific. I'm so happy the Millie got back to her father. ) Poor Severus though. ( And I'm glad that Draco and Ginny found Dudley! Safest in numbers and this way they can figure out what their next move might be. Awesome awesome chapter!
vivelabookworm chapter 33 . 3/10/2009
Holy hellfire this chapter is amazing! I absolutely love it! Incredibly intense and a whirlwind but in such a good way! I can't wait to see what happens. I love Draco! No matter how much guff he gets from them, (even if he kinda does deserve it a little after everything that's happened) he just puts it aside knowing what he has to do. Loyalty, selfpreservation, call it what you like, but he's definitely come a long way from the stuck up little snob he was. Awesome awesome chapter!
vivelabookworm chapter 32 . 11/19/2008
Dragons! Oh my God, I can just imagine them, flying in for the rescue on dragons! Awesome chapter! But...wait.. how do they know that's really Ron? Well, it's probably him, but nonetheless, constant vigilance... This is a great chapter! I love it! )
vivelabookworm chapter 31 . 9/6/2008
Whoa and a half, this chapter is so good. I love it. Your writing is so amazing. I love everything, the characters, the plotlines, everything!
vivelabookworm chapter 30 . 7/20/2008
AHH! Ron! Oh my God! But we don't know that that was definitely a Death Eater! But things don't look too good for them. But I have a feeling that whoever grabbed Ron was not a Death Eater. I'm probably wrong, but I'll just have to see. This chapter is awesome! I love it. D
vivelabookworm chapter 29 . 6/5/2008
Awesome chapter! I can hardly wait for the next chapter. This is terrific. I want to know who the spy is. And who is Severus speaking with? Everything is so mysterious and hidden, but that just makes it even better. )
vivelabookworm chapter 28 . 5/31/2008
I have a feeling that Ginny is going to narrowly escape the Death Eaters grasps as she flees back to Harry and Hogwarts. Narcissa is acting very much an Oskar Schindler role and I'm liking it. I think it suits her. She never was a bad person. That was Lucius's job. Sirius wasn't the only Black sheep, Narcissa was just better at hiding it. Awesome chapter! I love it. )
vivelabookworm chapter 27 . 5/10/2008
AWESOME CHAPTER! I LOVE IT! This is a definite turn for the better. Kingsley is brilliant and Mrs. Panos is amazing. I'm so excited. I love this chapter! )
vivelabookworm chapter 26 . 4/13/2008
Awesome chapter! I really like Petunia's little chat with the Minister. I have a feeling though. The couple that Harry rescued from Hogsmeade, forgive me for I forget their name, the husband if I remember correctly or both of them were Roma, yes? Will you be bringing their son and daughter-in-law back into the picture with this new information of the Roma in the Death Eaters' camps? Well, I can't exactly expect you to reveal that to me, but it's a theory of mine. I'll just have to wait and see. I also enjoyed the part when Harry and Ginny were talking. I find them to be quite the cute couple. The way Harry cares for her so much! I also hope that Draco takes his little mission to heart. This chapter was terrific! )
vivelabookworm chapter 25 . 3/16/2008
Holy shit. Great chapter, but how horrible! The camps remind me of the concentration camps of Nazi Germany. I assume this is where you took inspiration from, especially with the many World War II parallels in the novels. But the chapter was very good. Extremely well written and an awesome plot to boot.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »