Reviews for A Change in Routine
Sequoia Hope chapter 1 . 8/1/2016
This is great. I do love missing scenes and gap fillers when the characters' voices and personalities are done right, and I think you pretty much nailed this one on the head. I can just imagine John's bewilderment, confusion, and hesitation all at once, and it's great that you contrast O'Neill's experience with John's unawareness of the whole situation. Loved this, well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Just found this story after reading a more recent one. Loved it. One of my favorite lines from the series started your story and I thought the characters were spot on! Good work!
Forahr chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
I enjoyed this very much. I always have wondered what they talked about during that time. Love reading what I call "filler" stories...So much missing moments in every episode. I understood most are from time constraints, but it is all too obvious many are just from carelessness, just 'not caring' what happened then. Thank you for completing this time snippet.
Pocus chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Love this! You had Jack's voice perfectly. This is exactly what I would have pictured would have happened.!

Can't wait to catch up on the rest of your fics.
Begoogled chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Fits perfectly with canon :) Love O'Neill's comments here!
chocolate chip wookiee chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Well done, very 'Jack' :) Oh, and very 'John', too :)
DragonRider2000 chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
I like it!
Sky3428 chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
Thanks for linking this on the whump thread. I never saw this before. I liked how you protrayed the two after the drone incident. Shep would have been creeped out, both by the "flying, glowy thing" and O'Neill taking it back with them. And I liked that O'Neill is acting like it's no big deal since he has seen and done a lot of weird things. I like the dynamics between the two here, especially since you wrote this back in 2005 where we haven't seen him interact much with O'Neill until season 3. I can never resolve in my head when I wanted O'Neill to have read Sheppard's file. Is O'Neill efficient enough to check out the McMurdo personnel in advance? or only after the incident? They did strike up some form of conversation on their flight but that could just be them trying to fill the silence. Having O'Neill read the file in advance highlights O'Neill and how intuitive he can be. Having O'Neill read the file afterwards highlights the magnitude of Sheppard's punishment post - that he wouldn't even have been discovered if it weren't for that drone. It wasn't stated in canon (which was disappointing) but personally, I wanted O'Neill to have recruited Sheppard for the SGC.
Lorr chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
I love this! It fits beautifully and it was easy to imagine it happening. Lovely!
John's cat chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
That was great SGAFan! really, who wouldn't have wanted to know what they talked about in those 7 minutes. Shep is not the guy who wouldn't asked the general about it, specially after being attacked like that, of course he would open his mouth and demand some answers...thanks, it was very cool!
Linnzi chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
I can't believe I've never read this before! How did I miss it?

What a lovely little missing scene! I hear both Sheppard's and O'Neill's voices so very clearly here. Reading this really made me smile. I miss SGA so much! Sniff! :( Great job, as usual! :)
Potterworm chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
Awesome little story.
Asugar chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Great missing scene.
Obsessed Pam chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Such a great continuation!
La Madrugada chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
Wish the first few minutes that they crammed into the pilot could have been a whole episode. Just can't get enough of John and Jack together- as dangerous a combination as that is! How great would it have been to see something like this...