Reviews for Choosing
mnw02 chapter 5 . 12/1/2014
a few times a year I feel the need to come back and read all of your stories over again, especially the angsty Estel ones. They're so good. So good. Why is teenage angst so good. Why does legolas love this boy so much. I'm commenting on this one because I think it's the best, the choosing was a great way to display Estel's issues with himself and with elves, and of course a coming-of-age story is always great. I know you haven't been active on this site for years but just wanted to leave a comment for all the times I've read your stories. If you have writing posted somewhere else, LotR or otherwise, let me know where.
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 5 . 12/20/2013
This is a beautiful story and the ending is wonderful. "we need rope, a table, a pair of shoes, and a duck." I'm extremely curious as to what he has planned.
iwishedforyouandyoucame chapter 5 . 4/8/2013
Awesome. Pure genius. :)
riptocs chapter 5 . 1/12/2013
lol poor poor twins...
and finally a name for the horse!
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 5 . 1/4/2013
awww
Cheerfully Blue chapter 5 . 10/29/2011
'A rope, a table, a pair of shoes, and a duck...' Oh, how I wish I knew what Estel was planning there. I'm sure it would have been priceless. Loved the story. Loved it so much. You really finally see how much Legolas is sacrificing in being friends with Estel, most other fanfics don't do that. Great job.
Desertfyre chapter 5 . 10/16/2011
Wonderful story! Enjoyed it! Aww, I would have loved to know the prank that Estel was pulling! lol
Louiseoblique chapter 5 . 5/16/2011
LOL, I just wonder what they will do with the duck! :)
gginsc chapter 5 . 5/6/2011
Good story.
LisaG16 chapter 5 . 3/15/2010
Wonderful story! I loved the many lessons Estel has learned...and even the older elves! The race was very exciting but I most loved this last chapter as Estel offered to make such a big sacrifice to show his commitment to his dear friend, Legolas.
Emily chapter 5 . 2/1/2010
A DUCK? Where are they going to find one of those? Legolas is going to have to get it, I know. Chaos, ensue. : )
Daemith chapter 5 . 11/14/2009
Ah, I loved this story! It made me harken back to my own days as a horse-obsessed 13 year old. :D I'm glad our dear Estel has worthy horse now. I can't help but wonder though; rope, a table, a pair of shoes, and a duck? Do I even want to know...? XD
Harriet Usher chapter 5 . 8/13/2009
Gah! Have I not reviewed this? Sir, I hang my head in *shame*!

Loved it. _ I enjoyed all of the extra research on the matter of horses. I like horses, but I can't ride (can't afford lessons) and I don't know too much about them, so I must respect you for your knowledge. The race had me on tenterhooks, and I love that he beat Glorfindel.

And, on a more childish note, I am extremely curious as to just what prank Estel and Legolas played on the twins. Sounds like fun. xD
Agape chapter 5 . 12/1/2008
I love this idea. I've never seen a tale of Aragorn and his horse! Excellent. I don't know much about horses, much to my chagrin, for it seems that any Tolkine fanfic author must know something about horses - but what you wrote, though unfamiliar to me, was easy to discern.

I almost fell over at Legolas' hurt - but it was well thought out.

Great job - excellent tale! Thank you for sharing. Now I REALLY must get to bed!
CosmicEssence chapter 5 . 11/17/2008
Ack this is excellent, if possible even better than Mellyn? (dunno if thats spelt correct?). I mean seriously, it had angst, sorrow, hope, a thrill (there were moments i could have sworn i was racing with speed, if only across the page :P), made me grin many times, 'uh-oh' cam out a few times, the interation was good, the shock and hinted shock of the riders, the prejudice (can u believe it over the colour of a horse no less!), Glorfindel's dumbfoundedness, the fact that Estel came second (i mean Glorfindel was probably not going all out right?), Sadoreth's pov was cool and Estel's encouragement and just the whole race description was brill and easy enough for a non-rider to understand (horses are a beaut but i wouldnt say im mad wild about them lol), all the characters, Erestor's Dark one comments, Legolas' defense of the horse and words to Glorfy, their friendship troubles, the image of Elrond and the others no doubt swearing stunned and worrying upon seeing Estel fly past, Estel's plan...are ya getting it yet? Hm VERY VERY much enjoyed it. It was brilliant, no better than that *_*

I would say though that I don't like the name, while i know its necessity for the friendship bit, i do find 'little black' (although that is rather long) or just 'black' better but agree their not really 'names' anyway...!

"Well, first of all, we need rope, a table, a pair of shoes, and a duck."" And just what would all that accomplish? Yeah where have Dan and Ro been/doing?