Reviews for Crossing the Bar
Rose chapter 31 . 4/9
OH MY GAWD YOU'VE WRITTEN MORE I JUST READ WHAT YOU HAD ON AO3 AND I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE LAST OF IT BUT THEN I CAME BACK HERE TO READ "MAROONED" AGAIN AND THERE WERE SEVEN MORE CHAPTERS
qwertzuiop4 chapter 31 . 1/29
Desperately waiting for an update...
gloria k chapter 31 . 8/14/2015
this is probably the best fanfiction i have ever had the pleasure of reading. were it a book, i would buy it right away. when i hit chapter 31 and there was no resolution in sight, when i thought it would be the wrap-up, it felt quite a bit like being stabbed. my heart is achy. i want to know what happens!

i hope that one day you'll bring this story back, for all our sakes, and for the sake of those in the future who like REALLY good stories. stories with characters that will haunt my daydreams for the next few months.

please come back to this one day, if only for a brief and gentle finale! (though a big spangled one would be good too. please? please?!)
1BabyBoy chapter 31 . 2/21/2015
I waited for some time for this chapter, and when it finally arrived, it took me way too long to read it. I just love, Honorat, how your stories resonant in the memory so that after all these many months, years really, I remembered the story enough that this chapter makes sense. You write emotions and dialog so well. I hope to read more of this story, as soon as you post it!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 31 . 9/21/2014
nice
xabier chapter 7 . 11/23/2013
First chapter was good, but from chapter 2 or 3 everything started to be repetitive and drawn out
xabier chapter 5 . 11/23/2013
Quick bit of info: "It is also considered inappropriate to perform work or to meet with subordinates in a wardroom" wiki/Wardroom
Catalina chapter 3 . 11/23/2013
The one issue I have with this story is Jack Sparrow: He seems almost too frilly and sympathetic, in his relationship with Anamaria. The real Jack Sparrow spares few thoughts for his many love interests, and to be honest, I skipped out on the bits of romance in this fic. But otherwise, it was nicely written, realistic and likable. One of the best fics in this community.
Be3 chapter 31 . 10/17/2013
Oh what a cruel place to stop writing! I feel the thing might not be updated in the near future, but I will look out for it just the same. Superb style. This story is one of the few that makes visiting the ff net so rewarding.
Have you read the Aubreyad? The scenes when the Dauntless fired on the Black Pearl reminded me of how Jack Aubrey sank Vaukzemheit, or however that other ship was called.
Thank you ever so much for having written as mush as you have.
Guest chapter 31 . 9/5/2013
Anazing story! I love ot how you write Jack and the others.

Will there be a next chapter soon?
Malicean chapter 31 . 8/24/2013
Great story!
It's so refreshing to read something 'literate' in the actual mechanics of sailing *and* the actual realities aboard (as period as 'Pirates' ever gets ;)
Might we bother you for another chapter? Please? Pretty please?
Ayla-tan chapter 31 . 7/14/2013
Awesome and thrilling story!

I like it how you portray Jack, the crew and the bonds Jack has with his crew. I've especially come to love the bond he's made with Anamaria and Jip...which is why I'm praying that Jip will find his way back to the Pearl before long...

The fight against the storm, against the Dauntless and the Defender and the way the tricked the Defender into believing they were done for..amazing writing. I loved it how they fought so bravely and hard for their freedom, how they all united behind Jack. I loved it how, even though they wanted to do it so much, everyone listened to Jack when he insisted they not harm anyone... that's what Jack would have done, I think. I also like it how they treated Captain Walton..and how Walton started to feel empathy for them. Jips antics and outright defiance amused me. But the whole time, I was like "please, he has to get back to the Pearl. The boy's important to Jack (and the crew)...he's like his son"
Please, please let them find each other again and soon.

So, now they've finally slipped the Royal Navy (Yay!) and now time has come to rest and recuperate. I wonder, will they have to wait for Jack to loose consciousness before he agrees to rest? I mean, it's a miracle the man is even on his feet...and now that the adrenaline is gone, he'll need much rest, or his body will crash. And I kinda like it when Jack is being mothered ;)

Please, update soon...this story is so thrilling!
piewacket chapter 31 . 1/28/2013
Good Lord, I could kick myself for not having seen this before. It's simply amazing. As a Norrington lover, I can't thank you enough for portraying him as the honorable and complicated man that I believe him to be.
Desiree1717 chapter 31 . 1/8/2013
Wow, this story is impressive! I don't know if you know a lot about ships, or just sound like you do, but, wow! And the story! Great job!
awakened-earth chapter 31 . 12/30/2012
I love it! I really, really do! This is such a good story! The way it has been written is amazing, honestly I have found published books, well known as well, that didn't read so well as this. I live how you incorporate each little story, how it doesn't just follow one person, I find myself wanting to know what happens next on one ship as I do the other. I can't wait to read more, and I shall be sad when it's over, perhaps when it is I shall just have to read it again. Loved it! Bravo!