Reviews for Crossing the Bar
ellennar chapter 22 . 9/5/2006
Thank you for the update even if the #$! wouldn't let me see it all bloody day! Poor Jip though I must admit I love the scamp (and he's a far braver whelp than I.) I love Jip and Groves almost as much as I do your Jack and Ana. I can't wait to see what our young peg-leg pirate is planning...
teacrumb chapter 22 . 9/4/2006
Oh my god, Jip! That kid is really something! A gruesomely well done chapter; it was painful to read. *shudder* Sawing through bone sounds like the worst torture I can imagine. Groves was very good about the whole thing though, I like that guy. Please keep going! I can't wait for the boarding of the Defender!
Skystrike26 chapter 22 . 9/4/2006
I LOVE JIP! He's so brave! Definately a favourite character!GREAT chapter. Really enjoyed James, Theo, Samuel, and Jip's overall dialogue. I liked the detailed amputation. No critisism. I could never give you any on ANY of your stories. Your so my fav writer. Dying for the next chapter!
CaptainTish chapter 21 . 8/30/2006
That was wonderful! You describe Jack so good. Getting ready for battle, he has to look his best.

I sympathized with Ana, trying to put the kohl on Jack without poking his eyes out. I was in a similar situation once.

I like how Jack gave her the knives to protect herself. Isn't it ironic, normally it would be the other side worrying about dastardly pirates, but then there are pirates and then there are pirates, aren't there?

Good chapter! Almost as good as the going-to-the-bathroom chapter - I really liked that one, that you didn't ignore a situation that everyone faces. It was fun!

Update soon!
teacrumb chapter 21 . 8/27/2006
Hooray! *does mad dance about room* You updated! This chapter was really brilliant. Jack getting battle-ready. I love your descriptions of him! You did a great job capturing his power and energy. (Plus, let's face it, we all want to see him without his shirt. Lol.) Was that quote Shakespeare? It seemed very familiar... And the kohl! Is that actually how you put it on? Actually on your eye? It does seem like it would hurt. But maybe I'm still thinking of mascara. Which really would hurt immensely. *winces thinking about it* Where DO you find all this interesting information?

“'Some men give their womenfolk diamonds. I give her knives and say go get your own diamonds, love.'” That was so very Jack. Let's hope she doesn't actually have to use them on anybody. I do like that you are putting so many of the moments in for Jack and Anamaria without losing the epic story plot. Many authors who do romance tend to neglect the rest of the story's elements, but you have struck a comfortable balance. And I also love that Jack is so literary, it makes for interesting quotes. And the creative name-calling is endlessly amusing to me. (lol)

Please do continue! I can't wait to see Jack in battle-mode! He won't have to fire on the Pearl, will he? WILL HE? Gah. I am helpless in the face of such suspense. Please update soon!
Celestial Pendent chapter 21 . 8/27/2006
That is so jack.
ellennar chapter 21 . 8/27/2006
Wonderful as always. I love the Jack/Ana banter in spite of the beating Pearl has faced. And Jack fussing over his looks is priceless!
Eruhin chapter 21 . 8/26/2006
I am speechless. Again. You know so perfectly well how to make an innocent lass (like me) love Jack Sparrow thousands times more than she'd thought possible!

“’Sides, it wouldn’t seem respectful-like t’ commandeer a ship of the Fleet in all me dirt. Got to observe decorum. This ain’t just any plebian merchant vessel after all. This one is a real lady.” - I love the way he treats ships. You said once that he flirts with everything that has a hull and no one could put it better.

Oh my! Naked Captain Jack Sparrow. Naked and clean. It must've been a splendid sight... What a pity Jack had to enjoy it all by his onesies;) But what Anamaria had seen before she closed her eyes was enough for me to go all dreamy with a huge grin pasted on my face:D Maybe in PotC3 there'd come a moment when Jack sheds some of his numerous layers of clothing. It would only be fair considering that we got to see Elizabeth parading in her underwear half the time in the first movie and half-shirtless Will in the second.

"When they had finished, Jack rose reluctantly, tied on a clean sash and cinched it with his two grimy leather belts that jangled with his collection of odd tools and mementos." - He wears two belts! I like this reference to DMC:)

“There’s still a big smudge under your starboard eye. And a bigger blotch on your port cheek." - Starboard eye! RotFL!

"When a man trespassed upon whatever code of honour he himself professed, Jack could be as implacable as the sea in his vengeance. But give the captain an honourable foe, and the daft fool would tie himself in bowline knots trying to grant quarter." - I love his "sodden-witted chivalry". It's one of those things that make him so special to me.

The whole kohl-applying procedure was incredible. I never thought it could be so complicated. Once again, Jack, I admire you. I don't think I'd ever willingly put a stick in my eye...

"Unguarded for an instant, Anamaria whispered, “You’re beautiful.” " - I think it was the most favourite of my favourite lines in this chapter. I couldn't believe she actually said that out loud, though I certainly believe she had a lot of reasons to do so. Ah, I'm going dreamy again...:) And I loved Jack's reaction to Ana's involuntary confession!

I'm glad Anamaria's got those knives now. It was a beautiful gift. But of course I hope she won't have to use them.

I love Jack Sparrow quoting Shakespeare!

The ending was magnificent. Such a beautiful poetic description of Jack practicing with his sword, then Ana's "Thank you" and his no less poetic response. And the last line. Just wonderful!

Some other fav lines:

"However, the rough seas of fever kept alternately submerging Anamaria in struggling sleep and casting her, unrested, on the shores of consciousness." - You make the most brilliant metaphors, you know?

“She knows she’s my one true love, so she don’t mind sharin’ the wealth.” - Generous Pearl;)

“If I were the Pearl,” Anamaria suggested pointedly, “I’d be hittin’ you upside the head with the spanker.” - :D

“I’m going to have to presume upon your good nature. Have you any good nature?” he asked puzzled. “Never mind. I’ll loan you some.” - Oh yes, Jack has plenty of it!:)

P.S. It was nice to have a whole chapter told from Anamaria's POV:)
AKpeach chapter 21 . 8/26/2006
I don't know why...but that last bit made me want to cry. Imagining Jack having to leave his ship and his girl (that's right I said it!), not knowing if he would get to see either again...made me tear up. The next Chapter will be grim. I don't know how or if Anamaria will make it trough. She's tough, I'll give her that. But she's injured, badly. Maybe she can fight off a couple men, maybe 10 or 12 if she's lucky, but an entire crew...I don't even want to think about it. I can't wait for the update though. You are a brilliant writer. You write with such life, passion, description to detail, I feel as if I'm there along for the ride. Well Done.
1BabyBoy chapter 21 . 8/26/2006
Honorat - From the oceanic metaphors in the first paragraph right on through, this chapter is magnificent! You know, your characterization of the deep understanding between Jack and Anamaria make them closer than most husbands and wives. It almost seems, were they to ever initiate sex, that that would somehow diminish their marvelous empathy. Do you know what I mean? I love how in the space of doing what should be a mundane task of washing and dressing, Anamaria gets to see all these facets of Jack's personality. And that she understands the gift of the knives! No falling on an ordinary sword for Anamaria. If she has to go down with the ship, she gets the final blessing of being able to rage against the dying of the light. Is she Caesar or is Jack? (Exit stage right, or would that be starboard?) So looking forward to the next chapter. Thank you!
angelwingz21 chapter 21 . 8/26/2006
GREAT CHAPTER! LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT! I liked it when Jack says that men give their womenfolk diamonds, but he gives her knives and tells her to go get their own diamonds. Wow, that was a long sentence. ANYWAYS! Hope you update soon!
Princess.Jack.N.Anamaria chapter 21 . 8/26/2006
Oh YEAH! _ You are by far the best author I have ever had the pleasure to read stories about. YOU! ARE! BRILLIANT! Oh, and the part where Jack and Ana had to help each other out? THAT, m'dear, was gorgeous. So very realistic! And the fact that you have Jack, who I must say is a very hard character to write about, COMPLETELY and TOTALLY in character! _ Ana is by far off de chain too. ~_ Gotta luv it!

The whole "beautiful" part? _ CAN I HUG YOU FOR THAT? I SWEAR that as SOON as I read that, I started running around and squealing with delight! _ You make me so proud. (happy tear) lol Ha! Jack just HAS to be so dirty when it comes down to having someone else dress him. (rolls eyes) Typical pirate captain. _

PLEASE say this fight, no not a fight, go well! I'd hate to see the Navy decide to slice a few heads, and for Jack to have to go all Super Hero on us. NOT GOOD! We can't risk death aboard dis 'ere vessel! (gasp) Maybe I should put that in my story. "We can't risk death aboard dis 'ere vessel..." Yeah, I work with that.

NEwho, you are my idol! I LOVE YOU TO ABSOLUTELY NO END! Please post more! (crosses fingers) Keep the Pearl safe, keep the Pearl safe, keep the Pearl safe.

Luv Yo Fan,

*~jackNanamaria~*

P.S. Did I mention that I love you? I DO! More, please! _
Nightwind chapter 20 . 8/24/2006
Awesome as usual. Hurrah to Jack!

Poor Anamaria that had to be a tad embarasing. Plus I know she hates to feel helpless.
Lady ot Rings chapter 20 . 8/16/2006
Oh wow, I adore this chapter. Jack was positively wonderful to read, of course, he always is in strange circumstances involving Anamaria. And this was a very original bit of plot to write about, too. I applaud your genius in this area, lol.

Good choice in dress color for Anamaria, methinks. I could totally see her in a red dress...does wonders for her complexion, though I feel bad for her for having to wear it. Dear girl, she's been through too much right now.

Again, Jack was just too wonderful. I love seeing him sacrifice himself to make Anamaria feel better...even a tiny bit. I'll never get enough of that.

I think I love Tearlach now. But then again, you gotta love the strong and silent types, no? He's a great character, please take care of him! But then, you can't make promises, right?

Oh noes, I just remembered dear Jip...I hope he'll be okay! Poor kid...

Lady :D
Captain Sarah Sparrow chapter 19 . 8/13/2006
Dang, what do you want to bet that you posted this like an hour after I left for camp? Oh well, I'm caught up now on both chapters a and b. Still in love with this story, though I find myself waiting for the parts with Norrington. Is there gonna be a face to face confrontation between Norrington and Jack by the way? Cuz, you know, that'd be awesome.
326 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »