Reviews for Crossing the Bar
Guest chapter 31 . 9/5/2013
Anazing story! I love ot how you write Jack and the others.

Will there be a next chapter soon?
Malicean chapter 31 . 8/24/2013
Great story!
It's so refreshing to read something 'literate' in the actual mechanics of sailing *and* the actual realities aboard (as period as 'Pirates' ever gets ;)
Might we bother you for another chapter? Please? Pretty please?
Ayla-tan chapter 31 . 7/14/2013
Awesome and thrilling story!

I like it how you portray Jack, the crew and the bonds Jack has with his crew. I've especially come to love the bond he's made with Anamaria and Jip...which is why I'm praying that Jip will find his way back to the Pearl before long...

The fight against the storm, against the Dauntless and the Defender and the way the tricked the Defender into believing they were done for..amazing writing. I loved it how they fought so bravely and hard for their freedom, how they all united behind Jack. I loved it how, even though they wanted to do it so much, everyone listened to Jack when he insisted they not harm anyone... that's what Jack would have done, I think. I also like it how they treated Captain Walton..and how Walton started to feel empathy for them. Jips antics and outright defiance amused me. But the whole time, I was like "please, he has to get back to the Pearl. The boy's important to Jack (and the crew)...he's like his son"
Please, please let them find each other again and soon.

So, now they've finally slipped the Royal Navy (Yay!) and now time has come to rest and recuperate. I wonder, will they have to wait for Jack to loose consciousness before he agrees to rest? I mean, it's a miracle the man is even on his feet...and now that the adrenaline is gone, he'll need much rest, or his body will crash. And I kinda like it when Jack is being mothered ;)

Please, update soon...this story is so thrilling!
piewacket chapter 31 . 1/28/2013
Good Lord, I could kick myself for not having seen this before. It's simply amazing. As a Norrington lover, I can't thank you enough for portraying him as the honorable and complicated man that I believe him to be.
Desiree1717 chapter 31 . 1/8/2013
Wow, this story is impressive! I don't know if you know a lot about ships, or just sound like you do, but, wow! And the story! Great job!
awakened-earth chapter 31 . 12/30/2012
I love it! I really, really do! This is such a good story! The way it has been written is amazing, honestly I have found published books, well known as well, that didn't read so well as this. I live how you incorporate each little story, how it doesn't just follow one person, I find myself wanting to know what happens next on one ship as I do the other. I can't wait to read more, and I shall be sad when it's over, perhaps when it is I shall just have to read it again. Loved it! Bravo!
qwertzuiop4 chapter 30 . 12/21/2012
I missed the update alert, but this way I got an early Christmas present!
I first read chapter 31 and you really managed to treat each character as individual beings with a real character development in the course of the story (even Gilette!).
Especially Norrington's inner conflict - duty versus conscience and the way both Groves and Jip wanted to take their punishment to protect the other one.
(And, ignoring the ridiculous background story of AWE, I think Jack Sparrow might have started his career as an officer of the Royal Navy and then something similar to young Norrington or Groves happened, but his conclusion of the moral dilemma was to leave such a rigid system. Quoting the "English playwright" (Much Ado): " 'We must follow the leaders' 'In every good thing' 'Nay, if they lead to any ill, I will leave them at the next turning.'")

Anyways, thank you so much for continuing the story. Merry Christmas!
Jennifer Lynn Weston chapter 31 . 12/13/2012
'There was a fine courage in his second lieutenant that never flaunted itself, yet never shrank from any dangerous or disagreeable task. And yet a flogging changed a man, as he had cause to know from personal experience—both the physical trauma of it and the mental anguish and shame. He wondered whether the man who would emerge from such a punishment would be the same merry, eternally optimistic Theodore for whom all winds were fair and all seas following, or whether that man would die under the lash as surely as Jip would have and a stranger take his place.'

This may be your best-written chapter yet, and that's really saying something. Such amazingly courageous, yet entirely believable people!

I especially enjoyed your depiction of Theodore & Andrew's card game.

Bravo!
SGAmvmm chapter 30 . 12/8/2012
I love James Norrington. Can't wait to read about what will Groves and Samuels do with James.
ellennar chapter 30 . 12/6/2012
thank you! wonderful as always and well worth the wait!
Guest chapter 30 . 12/6/2012
Thank you, thank you, thank you for continuing this story. It has me , sat on the edge of my seat not knowing what to expect,and then laughing and crying in turn.

The writing is beautiful and describes so wonderfully how each character is feeling and reacting to situations.

I really wish you had been able to write the tale for POTC 5, I did enjoy the film, but I really believe you would have done a better job.
Jennifer Lynn Weston chapter 30 . 12/5/2012
"His valor shown upon our crests today, Hath taught us how to cherish such high deeds, Even in the bosom of our adversaries."

- Prince Henry, 'Henry IV Part 1', by William Shakespeare

Groves is all about that, isn't he? So I'm sure he and Dr. Samuels will find that loophole. I'm looking forward to reading about it!
CaptainAzenor chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
I LOVE THIS!
ellennar chapter 29 . 9/2/2012
Please tell me you plan on continuing! This has been excellent so far.
History101 chapter 29 . 5/30/2012
I dunno if this is on like a permanent hiatus or whatever but it's really, really, really should finish this story, it'd be a shame not toc since its so well written.
326 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »