Reviews for Crossing the Bar
dreamofdesire chapter 3 . 12/15/2005
Oh man! The Black Pearl can't be gone! The crew has to survive. They're like the best crew ever! Please update soon.
Kayden Eidyak chapter 3 . 12/15/2005
*awed* I could feel that. I could *taste* that. That was fantastic! I'm really quite at a loss for words right now. And I'm still holding to the hope that they'll still somehow make it out alive, but even if they don't, Norrington's quite right and that sort of death is quite fitting for Jack and the Pearl. So if they do die I won't hunt you down and tear you limb from limb or anything like that. ;) Beautifully done, I do hope you finish it soon.
Kayden Eidyak chapter 2 . 12/15/2005
I knew it! I knew he was going to do that! That's what I would have done. If I was a pirate, of course. *shivers with excitment* That was quite excellent!
Kayden Eidyak chapter 1 . 12/15/2005
Hi Honorat! It's Kayden from the BPS group. Thought I should stop over and read something of yours from start to finish besides a little drabble or vignette. Since you write so brilliantly I knew I'd like anything that was here written by you. I saw the third installment on the list but the previous two hadn't made it past the last few "mass deletions" of my inbox. :( But since Erin was so entralled by it, I knew I had to read it all. And that is my story. P

But this first part was wonderful! I especially liked the line about Norrington chasing after "wild rumors and even wilder truths." Fact can be far stranger than fiction when it comes to Jack, that's for sure. So it looks like Norrington's got Jack in a pretty tricky position. You've conveyed the character's feelings very well and it's all so vivid. So well done, on to part 2. :)

P.S. It is typical of my reviews that my mindless prattling is longer than the actual review. ;)
Meggie Dodge chapter 3 . 12/15/2005
I guess we're not to understand the business with spar and hawser? (As a true nautical mystery, to be saved for revelation only at the opportune moment.) For I just about followed the rest, spatially deficient landlubber though I be. This means Chapter 4 had better be up _soon_, or the Andromeda galaxy won't be far enough.

Especially nice, how you concentrated the crew's struggle on Duncan. Pathos, loyalty, and a nice invocation of Ana's blistering tongue: they all did well by the pacing, and kept our attention on the humans making this desperate effort and their reasons for making it.
Erolyn chapter 2 . 12/13/2005
This is both beautiful and dark at the same time. I'm dying to know what happens!
Meggie Dodge chapter 2 . 11/25/2005
"Raving sailing", all right: this is the most lunatic plan I can remember, from anybody's Jack Sparrow. It's exactly right, to boot.

The ice. Is nice. Better by far, that Ana should feel that freezing, before the life underneath their doom should warm her at all. And best that no one should put any words to that warmth.

Credit to the Commodore: the curve has been steep, but he's learned not to discount any madness Sparrow might attempt. This keeps the suspense excruciating as well, of course. Can even Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl survive that bar, and both the Navy ships beyond? Tune in next time, for another manicure-ruining cliffhanger.
dreamofdesire chapter 2 . 11/25/2005
Wow, this is a really good story! I loved that little kiss between Jack and ! Update soon.
CaptainTish chapter 2 . 11/24/2005
Well, I'm holding out some hope that the Pearl will make it through this, because for the category, you didn't make it Tragedy.

This is really good. I was wondering, though, which one is Duncan? He seems to be quite the talkative one!

Good job. Looking forward to the next chapter.
CaptainTish chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
"Gibbs had never known a pirate who looted books with the same greed he pilfered gold." - I like that!

This is interesting. I hope Jack gets out of this okay. The thought of Jack dying is unbearable.

"Jack needed to talk to his ship." - That should be interesting!
Meggie Dodge chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
Perfect finish! And perfectly convincing foul weather. Do add the next action soon: the suspense is working all too well, now that you've carefully led us to Jack's acknowledgement of how tight a fix he's in.

Favorite bits, this time: Elizabeth's haughty censure, Gibb's grousing all that while without resorting to the words "bad luck", the picture of Anamaria at her lesson. More favorite bits eagerly anticipated...
326 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22