Reviews for Out of Time and Place
witchbaby300 chapter 20 . 12/31/2013
When I first read this all I could think was "finally a good oc story". But you know what I realized? DANIEL NEVER GETS A HAPPY ENDING! His romantic interests always die. Its bullshit and while I hated the ending I did enjoy this story. Great work :)
Reishna chapter 2 . 12/27/2012
Well it is a little late now, since you have finished the story, but your Gaelic is a little of. Bi i do thost, is actually Be silent, be quiet or slang 'shut up' not back away. You did very well on the translation for back away, however you speak Gaelic is wrong. There is no direct translation into Gaelic for that, it would be 'An bhfuil tú ag labhairt gaeilge?' which is 'do you speak Gaelic. And then Rionn bhinse an Ri, I am assuming you mean to say that Rionn bhinse is his name but if not, rionn bhinse an ri in gaelic means "the Kings bend division" lol. You did very well considering though :) you should see my husband try to do it ;)
BreeHime chapter 20 . 11/18/2011
D'aww such an amazing story. I could not stop reading it until the very end. It is just so beautiful. I can't believe you killed Daniel's -second- wife. Poor guy. But still, absolutely great! It was a perfect emotional rollarcoaster.
bobcox26 chapter 20 . 5/28/2011
Hi a great story much love and good new poeple but why kill his love interest every time? poor guy needs both kids and a wife
Namehere V2 chapter 20 . 10/18/2010
Daw... That's was both a sad, heart wrenching, and amazing story. I'm really glad you wrote it, I haven't been able to find too many good Stargate fics lately, but yours is definitely one of them.
hajimebassaidai chapter 20 . 12/19/2009
I liked the whole romance and Daniel coming through for Ashling. I also liked the fact that the final events were fed through the story in drip form, a shadow of what was to come. I thought you should have written a much larger time gap though before he agreed to marry her and make a life for himself away from Earth. There could have been mileage in him being declared "The One" that early on but him taking time to accept it and to fall in love with Ashling. I also couldn't see Daniel just disintegrating Iollan, no matter what he's done. I like that Daniel took their daughter to be raised on Earth but I think it needed more justification. It was set up that a husband and child were essential for Ashling and her descendants to rule but then that plan was abandoned at the end by Ashling without any huge reason for giving up her driving motivation. That said, I really liked your writing style and general pace.
pstibbons chapter 20 . 5/18/2009
Darn - you could have ended it with Sam/Daniel in an epilogue...

At least the fic isn't marked as complete yet, so there's still hope for that even if it's been three years since you touched it.

best lines:

Three faces turned to him, and three voices declared, “I would take her.” Jack, Sam and Teal’c snapped their heads around and glared at each other as the competition for the child heated up.
pstibbons chapter 19 . 5/18/2009
Damn. She died! Did that *have* to happen for him to be able to return to the SGC?

Best lines:

Daniel lifted his zat and fired, three times. Sam, Teal’c and Jack all starred at Daniel, frozen with shock at what he had just done.

Ashling gave him a weak smile. “I’ve never said the words, Daniel, but I love you. You have helped to give me a way to protect both my family and my people, and for that, I am grateful. Know that I would do it all again.”
pstibbons chapter 18 . 5/18/2009
Best lines:

Meara had to admit that this father-to-be had been a great help. He’d rubbed Ashling’s back when it ached. He’d wiped her face to keep her cool. He’d taught her a method of breathing that seemed to help managed the pain. Meara was going to have him teach her that when this birth was over so she could help others.

“Your wife? Did you marry an alien princess again? I swear, Captain Kirk’s got nothing on you!” Jack smirked.

“God, Daniel. I’ve missed you.”

“Me, too, Sam. Me, too.”
pstibbons chapter 15 . 5/18/2009
best lines:

“Daniel Jackson! If you don’t get me out of the chair in two seconds, I’ll be getting my bow and arrow after you again. Only this time it won’t be your arm I’ll be aiming for!” She glared meaningfully to a spot south of his belt.
pstibbons chapter 14 . 5/18/2009
Best line:

Am I ever going to remember that there are no pockets on this planet?

“Sir, put that down.”
pstibbons chapter 13 . 5/18/2009
Best lines:

She turned away from Daniel and continued ranting. “May a mountain land on his head! May snails devour his corpse! May the thieving villain dangle, shaking and trembling from a rope! May the devil roast the péineas off of him!”

“You think the government will allow us to share a cell after this?”
pstibbons chapter 12 . 5/18/2009
best lines:“Husband, this is my younger brother, Iollan. He has been kind enough to help my father rule during my absence. But now that I’m back, I can relieve him of his burden.”
pstibbons chapter 11 . 5/18/2009
best line: You are a vision for irritated oculars

Any Sam/Dan here?
pstibbons chapter 9 . 5/18/2009
best lines:

“I was born in a place called Egypt…”

“So you see, you’ve had the misfortune to be married to a very selfish man. A man who has a hard time putting others first. I hope you can eventually get past all that stuff and still want to keep me around.

“Yes! I said unselfish. Daniel, just how many men would have given up every hope and dream they had to protect a stranger? How many men would bind themselves to a strange woman for the rest of their lives and not expect anything in return?

...

Surprised we haven't heard anything from Ash's father.