Reviews for Thankful
cccahill18 chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
Yeah, it's a good deal past Thanksgiving, but I was in the mood for some nice GSR fluff :) Very sweet!

Geeklove4eva chapter 1 . 11/30/2005
Wow! Just amazing! I absolutely loved it! It Griss and Sara ever get together, THAT is how i want to see it done! Great job!
JesSickUh chapter 1 . 11/25/2005
What a sweet fic! I really really liked Grissom in this one, the way he's maturing and trying to change.
Fliz0nToast chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
I'm very thankful that you wrote this story. :) It was great...I think the beautiful thing about well-done fluff is that it doesn't ever feel cliched. Great job!
lostwords chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
I was thinking of writing a fic with the very same plotline (it was going to be called 'Thankful' too) So when i saw this I was like...whoa...but you did a great job! loved it. GSR forever...
martini1988 chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
how sweat you made my thanksgiving day even if there is no gsr on tonights ep..this was great ;)
Txxgrrrl chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
I never have anything good to say in a review's my big insightful review. That was adorable! You do semi-fluff very well!
elenerm chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
Hey..great story forensic girl I could see it happen :)
Aggie1013 chapter 1 . 11/24/2005
“I really want this to work, Sara, but… I’m horribly flawed.”

“I wouldn’t have you any other way.”

Wow! Now I've got Billy Joel's 'Just the way you are' stuck in my head! They really are perfect for each other.

I love the idea of Browns having a Thanksgiving party for everyone, now if we could only convince TPTB to do that... *sigh*

Sad little moment between Sara and Cath and that painful realisation, well done! Finally, Greg and Nick were cute, that was a very nice touch!
LapsusStili chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
Being a Canadian, our Thanksgiving was about 5 weeks ago, so I too will have to wait until Xmas for our next 35-lb. turkey feast! (I'm not exagerating either - it's HUGE!)

Anyhow, I just wanted to say GREAT JOB on this story. You've touched on a really good point - these characters really ARE "horribly flawed". I think that's part of the reason that we all love them so much, because we can identify with them. It makes them human just like the rest of us! And really, who wants to hang out with someone who's perfect anyways?

Looking forward to more from you...
Domo Arigato chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
Well, if there's one thing we have to be thankful for, it's this story. Beautiful, sweet and in character. And since you mentioned the "fanfic conventions" listed on YTDAW, when they're used by a talented author like yourself, they're not clichés anymore, they become significant because they're really part of the story. So you shouldn't stop using them because, after all, they're part of the reason why you enjoy writing and we enjoy reading fanfics. ;-)
Grisslybear chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
Great little story for Thanksgiving, forensicsgirl. You have believable build-up to the "date", through Tina's party. And the: “There’s nowhere I’d rather be.” so nicely sums up Grissom's feelings...Very good.
keesame chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
What can I say but WOW. It never hit me (apparently just like it never hit Grissom) that one reason why he might be happier and more lighthearted this season is because he has "his guys back". What an insightful observation on your part. And I love when Grissom says "that’s always been my problem – spending too much time thinking things out, living in my head rather that in the real world" - mind if I use that in my next therapy session? And the two lines that made me cry - "There’s no where I’d rather be." They were both stunned into silence by the profundity of that statement - what more can I say...beautiful.

Oh, and for me Thanksgiving is SO over - it's an early October event (goes with Oktoberfest) here in Canada - so I too will suffer turkey deprivation for the next month along with you. But a pint of Guinness will ease your suffering, right?
CSINut214 chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
That was adorable!
vsky chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
Beautiful! Thanks for the Thanksgiving Day treat. When I feast on turkey tomorrow my thoughts will be filled with the lovely picture you created of the CSI team together. ;-)