Reviews for Wrong End of a Leash
Goewyn chapter 11 . 9/12/2014
Amazing story. Just finished and my mind is having difficulty re-entering real life. Anthropologically fascinating. Imaginative. Unique. Loved the way you crafted the aliens interactions with John. The pet/owner aspect made for an interesting narrative point of view.
I really like how John went with the flow. Whereas I believe Rodney would take great offense and in-sufferance at being a pet or not being recognized as sentient, John would go with it. I really liked the first time I read him say good owner. It seemed very him.
Utterly fascinating story. I really wish it had been a complete novel and not necessarily as a SGA fiction work. Again, fantastic story.
linda.ljc chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
this sounds good but can't be copied any more. i don't even come to the site anymore unless a story is recced somewhere.
WitchPencil chapter 11 . 8/12/2013
This was an amazing story! How'd u do it
I enjoyed every word and your imagination with your critters. Again, amazing.
Thank you for the good read. Much obliged. :)
Until next time, Chow4noW
Hummingbird2 chapter 11 . 5/18/2012
That was absolutely fantastic, thank you!
sheppardlover928 chapter 11 . 4/15/2012
kariesue recommended this wonderful story today and I knew i just had to check it out! Cant believe its been waiting for over 6 years for me to read! gosh-this was so original, quite the adventure and a tear jerker to boot! Loved every minute of it-bery well-written so that it really felt believable! Cudos!
Kariesue chapter 11 . 3/20/2011
WOW! Just found this and man was it unbelievable. Shep whump is always good but this was even better. A bit out of the ordinary but then you get an A for creativity. I chuckled through quite a bit of it with John's version of what the creatures were saying. Then I sobbed uncontrollably at the end when Junior thought his pet was dying and didn't know what to do. Then I continued sobbing until they got him through. Wow again! I went through half a dozen tissues just to clear my eyes enough to continue reading those parts. That obviously means you did a great job! What a story! Thanks so much.
clerical medical chapter 11 . 11/30/2010
This is a fabulous story - so inventive and as always, really well written. I loved it, start to finish. Thank you.
Tony WildRiver chapter 11 . 9/14/2010
That was not only exciting, but quite adorable. The natives of the planet were very creative and you wrote them well, particularly Junior. The insights into how things were going at home were an excellent touch. A fun and creative read. _
Sharpe's Hussy chapter 8 . 11/24/2009
Of course had McKay been the one on the leash rather than John, he'd be dead by now, abandoned by Junior when Junior couldn't figure out how to get his little pet to shut up.

ROFL

*NODS*
Sharpe's Hussy chapter 7 . 11/24/2009
John's eyes burned, and he blinked back tears before they could fall.

Home. Why can't I go home?

*nods*

What a horrible disappointment

I was so hoping it was the gate...

:-/
Sharpe's Hussy chapter 6 . 11/24/2009
Oh my word...

I knew the broken arm would not be

his only problem...

First broken arm, then the leash, then

the food which of course does not stay down and now this

bird attack...they sound very much like what they called the

Archaeopteryx?

Argh!

Wait till Carson gets him...He will be lucky to get out

of the infirmary before the AF cuts his next set of orders.

:P
Jenetri chapter 11 . 11/18/2009
Great story! I hope you write a sequel in which Sheppard meet Juniour again. Perhaps the Ancients have a machine which could translate the language so that they can really talk.
Potterworm chapter 11 . 6/30/2009
This was a really unique story. Great job. It was original and interesting and really well-written.
Potterworm chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
I can't believe this is your first SGA story. I've only read the first chapter so far, but it seems like you have an excellent grasp on the characters so far. Really good job.
trallgorda chapter 11 . 6/9/2009
This was flippin' awesome! It reads like an episode! Have you written other stories?