Reviews for There's no such flavor as Kaiba Light
Hirami chapter 11 . 10/10/2015
Well.. Hm. I know this is no critique because it's my personal taste/opinion, but I can't stand Yugi. I don't like Puzzleshipping and it makes me unconfortable to read.
So the turn in the fanfiction isn't very... pleasing to me...

I loved the start, throwing Seto and Kaiba together always promises lots of fun... and hot action *cough*
I guess I'm still going to read it to the end, because I'm curious what's in with Yami/Kaiba and Seto/Kaiba.

I'm sorry, this is a total asshole comment xD" but I still wanted to get it off my mind. Sorry.
Hirami chapter 2 . 10/8/2015
I LOVE it until now XD promises some good fun, hrhr.
Hergan chapter 10 . 5/4/2015
You did a good job with the references. It's been long enough since I watched Gravitation that I honestly don't remember anything more than the name and that it was BL, and your descriptions made sense still. Love how you keep adding other bits of literature to the world.
Hergan chapter 7 . 5/4/2015
Ah! Dragonriders of Pern, I think you are right about Kaiba's reaction to the books though... especially since the way they start out the dragonriders aren't the most respected in that world. If he made that into a movie though, I'd be quite happy to see it.
Acirederf chapter 12 . 9/6/2012
'Oh great – what were they doing now, double dating? It seemed like every time I turned around, things just got more and more fucked-up.'

That was great. Really made me laugh. Can't wait to finish this fic :).
Becky chapter 16 . 9/6/2012
Love this story didn't want it to end. My favourite of your stories so far is still 'book of the dead' but am going to read 'ghost' next and am really excited by the reviews. Keep your stories coming they are wonderful!
Serena Jones chapter 2 . 7/17/2012
I enjoyed this. Loved watching the boys trying to avoid the inevatible partner swaping (one day one of them will zig when he should zag!) And here, the head hopping style played well into the plot (form following 'function' as it were.) Definately moves you to my favorite author list.

SJ
Guest chapter 16 . 7/11/2012
I was browsing through my favorites, so I decided to re-read this. Awesome choice as it reminded me why I added it as my favorite in the first place. Great work!

P.S: I still get this confused with Miller Light beer all the time. :)
ilovemanicures chapter 16 . 12/11/2011
It's interesting reading what can be considered a much lighter story from you after reading GUTG&NRBOTD.

But I find it almost comical that even your light story was serious lol

I honestly enjoyed the hell out of reading this. Mokuba was actually the person who fascinated me the most. The fact that you captured both his adult AND childlike selfs, is truly something to boast about ;D

You ability to take my breath away with these five characters astounds me, I look forward to reading more and more from you in the future :)

Thank you for sharing!
Demus chapter 16 . 10/12/2011
This is such a brilliant, original idea executed with finesse and style. Love it! And it is now my headcanon for the series :)
Chetanlaiho chapter 14 . 3/31/2011
I love how you manage to incorporate their 'canon' personalities in your fic, it makes much more sense than some other fics I've come across :)
Chetanlaiho chapter 13 . 3/31/2011
Maybe if I'd read the title properly first this wouldn't have hit me so hard xD I enjoy angst but it hurts to read about them seperating ;

You did a very good job though, it (up till now) isn't overdramatic but very plausible and very emotional (for me at least ;)

I'm really glad I'm reading this when the story is already up, that way I can just click next without worrying for a week or so xD
Chetanlaiho chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Nice xD loving the setup, can't wait to see where you take it _
Chicary chapter 16 . 12/12/2010
Your style is very unique which is great because my attention span is far too short for my own good :) The humour in this was wonderfully subtle and it sometimes felt like it was a thin glaze over a sea of angst. Other times, it came in wisps and, to me, was more of the 'shake your head and chuckle' kind of humour. Having read the entire thing at once, I can't help but remember the scene in which Yugi and Kaiba are naked in bed and somehow finding themselves casually talking about books, that was just *chuckles* ridiculous.

I'm glad someone decided to roll up their sleeves and plunge right into the heart of the body/soul sharing construct. I couldn't help but feel that Takahashi invented a completely new type of relationship in this series. Admittedly, I still have a difficult time grasping the different forms of love presented in this story without thinking everything is conveniently poly-amorous. It was intriguing to see the host/spirit relationship (particularly Yugi and Atemu's) in tact along with the Prideshipping. It gives the reader a lot to think about.
X-parrot chapter 16 . 6/17/2010
I'd read the beginning of this when you first started posting, but never past the first few chapters. It was rather satisfying to read it all now, without having to wait between chapters!

While it's not the usual way you write the Y/K pairing, I gotta admit that I loved the body-sharing aspects of this - I've always been fond of unconventional relationships, and these are about as unconventional as it gets! I especially liked that, for all the jealousy all parties experience at various times, there was no final negotiation of monogamy or the like - that Yami & Yugi will still and always have each other, that Kaiba and Seto will probably use one another as well, when needed. And it doesn't diminish the love or devotion between Yami & Kaiba, or Seto & Yugi, because all those relationships are so very different in nature.

And it's true, too, that what Yami says near the end, that Kaiba probably can't handle more than few hours of intimacy a day - that is very true; I actually do believe that Kaiba might be happier this way.

As always, the Kaiba brothers remain my favorite aspect of YGO, and Mokuba in this was fascinating. I actually like that he didn't completely come around, either to Seto's presence or to Yami being involved with his brother - Mokuba being as protective of his Nii-sama as vice-versa is wonderful, and then, too, I like that it showed how Mokuba is not in the least a naive kid for all his youth. In the way he wanted what he thought was best for his Nii-sama, he was almost acting as the parent, an odd yet entirely fitting role-reversal. I do hope that in a few years Mokuba might come to accept the arrangement - maybe when he and Kaiba can actually apologize to one another. For all their closeness, that relationship has some growing to do yet - but then, so do both Mokuba and his Nii-sama.

Also, the "Chess, you idiots," was an awesome line. You tell 'em, Mokuba-kun!

There were others as well: "The last time I had seen my modern incarnation, I had forgotten Kaiba’s injunction against aiming for his face. (We both forgot far too often. It was too tempting a target.)" made me literally laugh out loud, perhaps inappropriately...but oh, Kaiba! Or Seto! Either way...

And this one, too: "(I didn’t mention that Kaiba’s actual words were: ‘What the fuck, one of us might as well get his rocks off.’ No matter how graceless the expression, the intent was generous.)" Oh, Kaiba!

And I love Kaiba-as-artist, and as metaphor-maker; the bit with making a sunset in a glass to make his point was beautiful. And dangit, I want holographic dragons to be real!

All in all, great story - now, off to the long one!