Reviews for Unlegendary
Excellently written!
floating on clouds above chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
Awesome! :)
K-H chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Sh's gone bitch, gone! Cha!
icecreamlova chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
I may just be a little bit in love with this story.

As much as I feel for Ino in canon, there's so much of her voice and arc that we didn't see. It's here, and it doesn't make Ino into nothing but a victim, but gives Ino her own arc. At the same time, I love the implicit exploration of Sakura's other reasons for breaking off their friendship too, and the idea that it's not just her team that didn't entirely see her, but also her friends, and that is one reason she pushed herself. Great writing, character, prose, plot, etc.
moor chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Love how you conveyed everything in this through Ino's perspective (and very well done, at that!), and showed how her perception of Sakura changed over time.
alamodie chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
Love the story! Love the reflective tone. Incredible writing skills: I felt sadforlornwistful - some sort of sad - without any emotion being written about/mentioned.
Amrun chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
I like this characterisation of Sakura and Ino; I get sick of the character bashing on both parts. This falls somewhere in between both extremes, which is more realistic.
me P chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Sad... I love Ino so much- I feel bad for her
OSYH chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Wow. This shows how much Sakura had to grow up and how much Ino has to grow up. Ino will though, because of Asuma-sensei. Anyway, this was a beautiful fic about both Sakura and Ino. There's so many lines that I love that I have no idea which one to put! But I did enjoy that minor characterization with Shikamaru's insight into Sakura's character, Chouji's...innocence (for lack of a better word), and Tenten's acceptance and acknoledgment of Sakura. Awesome job!
Jellybean06 chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
I love how you write Sakura...she's usually the one who gets slighted and picked on so I'm really glad you brought her into the spotlight.

Great fic!
Sailor Silver Moon chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
The writing itself is almost soft-spoken, but the message you manage to convey is profound. It's a beautiful analysis of the what might have happened to the relationship between Sakura and Ino.

Thank you for writing it.
Melitza chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
Wonderful, very introspective. I do love Ino, and I give her a little more credit than this - but I think that this is really pretty accurate overall, and well written. Just enough poignancy to make it hurt. _
een nihc chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
A very well done introspective piece about Ino and 's a sad thing that they drift apart but Sakura was strong enough to carry on while I don't see much development on Ino's side even in the canon story except that she became chuunin too. Anyway, good job on this.
RakeeshJ4 chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
Nicely done. Yamanaka Ino...I don't know. She doesn't seem to be a very likeable person to me (not necessarily *mean*, just not very nice either) much of the time. Time will tell how things go post time-skip, but I think rather like Sakura, Kishimoto has had her grow up somewhat. Not that you could've known this when you wrote it, though, hehe.

But other than the Ino and Sakura character studies-something which is done quite often-you take an interesting look here at what it would be like for Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke training directly under Sannin. I can't help but imagine that they would learn more and become more powerful with such teachers than the rest of their comrades would under the more ordinary jounin-senseis. How would those comrades feel, then, about being so outdistanced?

Particularly the ones, such as Ino, who weren't extraordinary geniuses in the first place? I mean, Neji's got hordes of natural talent to keep him going, Shikamaru has extraordinary genius to always give him options...but what does someone like Ino have?

Not a whole lot, unless she does some serious growing up.
Yvonnia chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
Yeah sucks to be Ino. It must bite the big one to have some who was on the same level as you a year ago suddenly skyrocket near legendary status.