Reviews for Land of The Silver Sun Part II
pK chapter 3 . 10/11/2007
I didn't know that scott and allison were a couple.. what happen to Jean.. Anywho.. Great work!
enchantedlight chapter 4 . 4/9/2006
great story, i am going to miss it!
teknofan chapter 4 . 4/1/2006
excellent dude just excellent
El Varon chapter 4 . 3/16/2006
Pretty good chapter. The fight scene was pretty awesome; I especially liked Colossus' descent. . . . Like I said, this was a pretty good chapter.
Jean1 chapter 4 . 3/16/2006
Nicely done. You've managed to accomplish a lot with this story adding hints of the comics but with interesting and well thought out twists. Nice to see Wolverine actually be able to marry Mariko.
ishandahalf chapter 4 . 3/15/2006
well, congrats on finishing yet another wonderful fic! great stuff, as usual. you worked so many details and characters and such into this, it was so impressive. here's hoping you'll churn out a few new stories, i'll be looking forward to them! :)
Luc Star chapter 4 . 3/15/2006
Hey man, great job you did on this last chapter. As always, it was excellently written and each and every character portrayed true to their canon counterparts.

The first part with the fight scene was fantastic… a little funny as well since I could already guess the outcome of the fight. One of the surprises was the appearance of Yukio. Now I can’t quite remember if she had already appeared in one of the previous story arcs but it was – as I mentioned, surprising to see her.

There was also this one statement that you made while mentioning Maverick’s thoughts on Logan’s past that I must admit changed my view on a certain someone from the movies. “No longer was Creed the charismatic and boisterous man that Maverick had once known.” That was something. Creed? Charismatic? Boisterous? Those are two things I would never in a million years have associated with Victor Creed. After just reading that line, it made me wonder if in my own future fics… I could take a somewhat different approach to him. If there was something redeemable about him. I have read quite a few stories where Creed redeems himself by playing with the good guys… and I must admit that half those stories have turned out to be my favourites. Let me know if you want to read my most favourite among them, I’ll mail you the website where the story was posted.

Another thought of Maverick was about karma. So Logan, Creed, him along with a few others did start the Weapon X project. So Stryker was telling the truth. Wolverine did volunteer for the Weapon X Adamantium Bonding process. This – does not exactly put Logan’s past in a good light. I wonder whether it will have an impact on him in the future or not. Or even if he will be made aware of this particular revelation.

So Logan knows that Peter and Kitty have been doing away with the horizontal tango while he and Gambit have been scouring the city looking for clues. Umm… I was really hoping to see another chapter where Logan would have “the talk” with Piotr, but I guess we can wait for the next story.

I can also understand Rogue’s grief over not being chosen to scour the city with Logan and Gambit. And personally, I can’t think of a reason Logan did not ask her to come along. I wonder if we’ll get to see any repercussions due to this one little dismissal in a future fic. Yeah, I know, there may be nothing there at all, but I’ve learned that the smallest of details can sometimes come back to bite them in the ass.

The attack on the penthouse was, well, really-really good. I personally hope that I will be able to write a fight scene as great as the one you had here in my own fics. You included all the characters in it and I was impressed at how you were able to pull it off. But then again after the grand Mastermold fight scene in one of the previous stories… could I have expected any less? Hehe. I was however wondering about Noriko? Umm… who was she again? Or who is she going to be in the future again? Let me know if she was from canon or not. I will look her up.

Loved Rogue’s thoughts just before she wrapped her arms around Carol Danvers’s throat. You know I found it a little funny. Not the thoughts mind you; Rogue’s resolve to help her friend by putting her life on the line was really something. What I found funny was the change in positions. Rogue, in the comics used to be one of the bad guys when she absorbed Carol Danvers’s psyche and powers. Carol on the other hand at the time happened to be one of the most beloved superheroes in the Marvel Universe. How their positions have changed indeed. Hehe.

Not much on the wedding, but what was written was more than enough. Rogue’s talk with Logan was nice as well. But it was the last few paragraphs where you mentioned Carol’s psyche screaming from within the recesses of Rogue’s mind that got my attention. I get the feeling you’re settling everyone up for a future fic, or chapter where we will learn exactly how Rogue will deal with Carol’s psyche in her head. If I remember correctly from the comic canon… Carol’s psyche was a lot stronger than Rogue had been used to controlling.

Take care man. This was another excellent ride. Hope to read more from you in the near future. Keep up the great work.
enchantedlight chapter 3 . 2/7/2006
great chapter! update soon!
Independent Fire chapter 3 . 2/5/2006
Wow, this chapter was chock full of action. Great stuff. I'm curious to see how Remy wasn't really affected by the gas? Maybe you'll let me know later. Logan and Remy in a bar should be interesting. The Kitty and Peter dynamic was great. I figured something was bound to happen after she saw the store. Wonder what will happen next. Please update soon.
El Varon chapter 3 . 2/5/2006
Pretty good chapter. I'd kinda thought something was going to happen between Kitty and Piotr. . . . The fight scene was pretty awesome (though, I've always wondered, if an invulnerable person hits a piece of adamantium, do they feel it? Kind of like the whole tree falling in the woods question). LIke I said, pretty good chapter.
Luc Star chapter 3 . 2/5/2006
Hey Darkstorm, this was another great chapter. Loved the fight scene at the beginning. As soon as you revealed to us that it was Lady Hydra (Carol Danvers) who was taking the aim, I knew that Logan was in over his head when he went to face her. After all, Rogue was one of the few people in the X-men he could not hurt with his adamantium claws, and knowing Rogue got her powers from Carol, well, I think you know where I’m going with this.

But, the part where Scott remained calm and took the initiative to get rid of the gas was definitely the best part of the entire story. You captured exactly why Scott was the leader of the X-Men and I commend you for that.

The rest of the chapter was pretty good as well. The confrontation with Silver Samurai was expected. Though, Samurai did point out some very interesting facts, which I think Logan should take into consideration. Kitty and Colossus finally doing the deed was… well… an unexpected and therefore surprising turn of event. Heh. I wonder what the reaction of the rest of the team will be when they find out about this.

But I have to admit, I think the most surprising part of the story was Maverick showing up at the end of the chapter, not to mention the names of Drew (could we say Spider Woman), Natasha (Black Widow) popping up as well.

All in all, this entire story is winding up to a party that everyone who’s anyone is going to end up attending. Ha-ha. And man, I can’t wait to see how that will turn out. Take care. Later.
Montana Magic chapter 2 . 1/12/2006
That is a very cruel way to end a chapter. I realize that you never said anything about a bullet actually being fired yet so there is still a ghost of a chance that someone will stop it, but still, you're mean and I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

-MM
Independent Fire chapter 2 . 1/7/2006
Oh this was a good chapter. Condomporium was a very funny touch...afterall, what's funnier than a dancing condom? They actually have a store sorta like that in Philly on South Street, I think it's called the Condom Kingdom.(I don't actually know because I don't frequent South Street very much). Can't wait to see what the next chapter is about. Please update soon.
ishandahalf chapter 2 . 12/29/2005
woah, what a cliffie! evil, you are...

anyhoo. more good stuff! loving their japanese adventures, fun times all around. especially the condomtorium. ;-)

but yeah. the point is, keep it coming! quick like a bunny on crack.
enchantedlight chapter 2 . 12/29/2005
great chapter! update soon!