Reviews for Ride The Amber Waves
Red Bess Rackham chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Neat fic. I enjoyed that - interesting and well written. I also liked how you talked about why Shannon treated Boone badly. Good job! :)

Red
mari4815 chapter 1 . 11/26/2005
Again, you should probably edit this more for grammar, but besides that it is really good. My favorite lines were:

"My father told me that my mom died when I was very little and I never bothered to find if this was true or not. He created this idea that my mother was this wonderful, amazing, perfect woman and I cherished that." I like that she has this image of a mother, whether or not it is true or not.

Question:"Dad died when I was fourteen. He was on an accident and he died on surgery of loss of blood, or at least that was what the surgeon, Dr. Shepard, said." She was 18 on the show, but that's okay.

". It was Sabrina who told me that she wasn’t going to let me ruin her son’s future for I was just like my mother: a slut that had used love for getting money. You see, my mother didn’t want to have a baby so my father paid her not to have an abortion. She had been like me, a careless, stupid, drunk socialite girl that only wanted to use her inheritance and not to have to worry about marriage or family." That must be sad for her to discover that her pretend role-model really wasn't so great after all.

You have some of the ages messed up, Shannon was only 20 when she died.

"Maybe I was in love with him only that I didn’t knew and maybe he would lit me up like amber waves or like the Northern Lights we saw that first Christmas we shared. Boone had whispered that he wished them to keep on shining and I had smiled." I can imagine that really well.

Yay, good job.
Faran1078 chapter 1 . 11/26/2005
I like the sentiment, and the first person, conversational way it's written, but there's a lot of gramatical and spelling errors, that kind of jarred me out of the moment.

Not bad though. Sad ending, even though I knew it was coming.