Reviews for Dragonless
Riabhach chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
very sad but so well written - and I can see it happening. Not everyone in life is treated fairly. Beautiful and tragic. Thank you for writing.
Diglossia chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
Very dark but wonderfully written. I absolutely loved this fic!
WinterIrony chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Wow. Surprisingly, I actually did wonder about the other dragonless in the Weyr, but for some reason I just assumed that all dragons would have been given the same consideration as F'nor's and Brekke's.

It is extremely disturbing to think that they would not have been.

However, this is a very good story, and I hope you write more like it. Well, not exactly like it, obviously. But in the same vein, at least.
The God Slayer chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Ah, cool! It was good!
Tris'sLightningQuill chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
oh... *shuddering* almost crying... so bitter. so beautiful. oh. my. goodness...

I can't really say more than that. Powerful story. very powerful. (hey, look at me, I CAN say more than that. what do you know?) Not even particularly well written, but the POWER of the story really comes through and obliterates anything else.

I had never thought to see it that way before. Never thought to wonder. And I thought Kylara had it bad...

I really like how you ended it. And throughout the course of the story, your knowledge of the world really does come across. You seem very dedicated to Pern. Hey, if a bronzerider showed up and asked you to jump BETWEEN with him there, would you go? Your dedication is very obvious.

Achingly beautiful story. You made me cry. Congratulations! nicely done.
Morgan5318 chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
This was pure and simple genius. Very dark, very chilling, and all to frighteningly real. It delves into that dark madness most authors don't like to touch. And it was beautifully written. I would love to see you do more and longer fan-fic.
kakadumittens chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
Frightening and sad. But really well written!

I never thought of the extra angriness that would accompany the sadness of the loss of your dragon.

Well done, a fantastic one-shot.

xox the mit
luver-of-horses chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
that was deep, very deep, and incredibly true. It's just like saying, if everyone could vote on whether to save a movie star or a soldier, guess who everyone would choose.

Not that i agree with that.

Please write more, and preferably longer fics.

and always remember...

NOTHING'S IMPOSSIBLE!
BenRG chapter 1 . 5/1/2006
Ah! So Ms. McCaffrey has seen the light and allowed fanfiction in her worlds. I must dig out my old Dragonriders of Pern concept from... er... fifteen years ago. :-p

Onto the story! A fascinating and deeply disturbing character piece that well captures the insanity and the disrupted thinking of a dragonless man. What is more interesting is the implication that he /wanted/ to fail. For to fail is to die, and to die would be to return to Jinth.

A thought-provoking work looking at the fate of the nameless character in the background as the heroes triumph. Well done!

BenRG's Rating: 8/10
CrossoverQueen chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
This is really powerful, and it's rather painfully real, how you showed the Weyr ignoring the lesser dragons in favor of the more prestigious dragonriders.

You're starting to be one of my favorite Pern fic authors.
Eminempern chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
That was interesting and new. I'd never thought about what other ex-riders felt. This was also well-handled. The air and mood (sorry, that sounds strange) were right. It was spare and simple. You should write more stories like this - Pern, of course!

Keep writing,

eminempern
Akkarin11 chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
very interesting and original story.
Angelic-Shadowcat chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
A spectacular short story.
SumRandomNutt chapter 1 . 12/10/2005
Oh, I like this. It's quite dark, and the perspective is just genius. Can't say I've ever thought of things like that before...

I have nothing to criticize, really. *Yay* for you, and I look forward to reading more of your work.
Caladria101 chapter 1 . 12/5/2005
Love this - really good idea, really good writing. Reminds me a bit of Giron (Renegades) - proving dragonriders do go sour.