Reviews for Consequences
Daki92 chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Heh, i like the dedication at the end. All in all the story is moving
Zalleon chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
Tears of pride are rolling down my face as i read this. Good Job Man!
The Wise Duck chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
Stories like this are hard . . . but when you remove the ‘cleanness’ of the cartoon world (everything starting with the ‘no-consequences’ violence of Loony Toons on through to what Kim and Ron routinely encounter with no physical damage), and look at those same characters in a ‘real’ light, it is ‘hard’ but it is also a celebration of their heroism along with, as you have done here, an introspection of their selves and how they might react outside of their original artificially placed boundaries.

I appreciate Ron’s sense of responsibility here as well as the way you preformed the task of ‘educating’ him through the persona of the officer. Both from my point of view, as one whose ‘been there’, was very well done.

I might add some other perspective based on the story and some of the reviews here. Most in the southern half of Great Britain still have at least a ‘sense’ of what happened to their country during the German ‘Blitz’ (which by no means was confined to London alone). In addition, the actions of the Irish Republican Army over the last several decades as added its own battle scars to both the country and the people. Such things have left the British people with the same sense of steadfastness as their ancestors. It is a sad reality that because of this (along with the influx of both American gang members and Organized Crime from the former Warsaw Pact countries) that many British police, including all Field Supervisors, are now armed, the rest becoming armed in crisis situations.

Nuff said.

My hats off to this story, as things like this need to be told as well.

The Wise Duck
stupid101 chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
its good...but wierd...poor caroline!
mangafangirl chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
Love the author's note at the end! And the officer was very well spoken for!

mangafangirl :)
Raptor84 chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
It was a sad story, but well told. Good job.
Karon19 chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
Emotionally powerful. Something that every hero has to go through.
TexasDad chapter 1 . 1/11/2006
You're correct about the heroes, God bless'em all.
surforst chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
A one-shot of the rarely seen aftermath of an epic fight. Got to say it's a rare sight to see and it worked well. The guilt of the hero for not doing enough. The loss of those whose love ones didn't make it through and the joy when one is found again. An excellent job done here and in handling Ron inner fight. If he had been stronger could he have prevented the death and destruction. Yes. Simply put he could have. Kim wouldn't be in a coma and Shego brother wouldn't be dead if he had beaten Monkey Fist the first time. If he had dodge that punch and countered when he should have he could have beaten Monkey Fist way back in the begining. The fact of the matter is life is full of what ifs that will haunt us to our dieing day. If he had the strength he could have saved everyone but in the end he didn't have the strength and thats just that. Ron did what he could with what he had and he did a good job. Hopefully that'll be enough because that'll be all he'll get. That's life after all.

Well a great addition after Redemption and a great continuing of the overall universe you got going here. Looking forward to more as I continue to try to catch up.
spectre666 chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
Great story. Ron's regret seems very realistic. So, too, the officer's council. Just one small caveat, this occurs in England, the Bobbies do not carry firearms.
Worker72 chapter 1 . 11/29/2005
Touching, very touching! I'm like seeing such tributes to the real heros who keep this world going.
JonathonWolf chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
An amazing story. Ron shows himself to be a hero by feeling completely responsible for the trageda. With all the power he possesses, and the responsibility he feels in his role, he forgets he is still only a man. A superiority comples for the altruistic, always thinking if he'd done more or been stronger. It was very moving when he saved the young girl. Another story that justifies having you on my favorite author's list.
chao-hellsing chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
Beautiful, and so true. 20-20 hindsight con be one of the most painful things someone can experience... I don't think I'll give an example.

Wonderful one shot.
MrDrP chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
Nicely done.
Fabius Maximus chapter 1 . 11/26/2005
A very good story, and one that does a lot for Ron's personality.