Reviews for Just Like Belgium
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
It’s JT who notices the purpling bruise across his collarbone, changing in the locker-rooms before physical education. “Toby, the stud,” he exclaims, elbowing his friend in the ribs.

Toby flinches, reaches up and covers the hickey with one hand. “Keep your voice down,” he hisses. “Spinner finds out and he kills me and then Kendra brings me back from the dead so she can rip out my bowels,” he pleads.

The lie comes easily, just like the way it’s always Emma’s name breathless on his lips. It was true to start with, and Toby’s not quite sure how to face the fact that that façade is always slipping farther and farther away. And he would like to be kissing Emma, of course he would, but sometimes he’s just happy kissing Rick and he doesn’t know what all this means, not really. He doesn’t understand any of it, and this is the last thing he needs with the trivia competition to think about.

That’s more important, anyhow, he thinks. When it’s over, he can talk to Rick about this. When it’s over, he’ll get everything sorted out.

Brilliant! I like these stories about Rick and Toby. (I can imagine JT, Spinner and Kendra looking at each other like, "What the heck does he mean by that?") In my view, they're friends forever.

Keep up your awesome writing! :)
Double RJ chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
You have inspired me to write a Toby/Rick of my own! Thank you, brilliant author!
Nekokonneko chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
The last line really was the killer. It was filled with so much foreboding and irony, it almost killed me.

Man I really need to SEE the episode with the kissing contest. Toby and Rick at their most flaming... ' I apologize for that one. But I'm still worked up that Rick had to die like that, then he gets mentioned like 3 times in Back in Black [even though he was the one who was kicked around like shit and the one who DIED!] and a whole episode afterwards, it's like he never even existed. God I hate the writers! T.T -sigh-
allergic2stupid chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
Love it!
VoodooBat84 chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
This story was amazing. That last line nearly brought tears to my sad and very well written. Definitely going on my favorites list.
Dimitri Aidan chapter 1 . 1/1/2006
You know, the last line kind of made me sad because he...well, isn't going to talk to him about it later because there isn't a later and you almost wish there was because the chemistry those two had...ahh, the potential there was brilliant.

Anyway...yeah. I think it's nice and bittersweet and there is never anything wrong with nice and bittersweet. It goes down so much smoother than twisted and angsty.
many things converge chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
Wow. That last line kind of hit me, 'cause that's just so... sad. Very well written. I like it.