Reviews for Alliance of the Rebels
gunman chapter 10 . 3/19/2008
Nice ending.

A little quick in some parts, and I was confused as to when they got the plans for the Death Star from Dantooine.

Or did Leia go and get the plans and then rescue Adora?

Did I miss that?

And then you have Adora being offered a place in the Rebellion along with Bail and Leia, but I am confused as to why they would offer her such a place.

Unless it has something to do with her Midi-chlorean count and her piloting skills.

Aside from that she keeps getting captured by the Empire and bounty hunters and she's been tortured and drugged through most of the story.

But now she's back home with the people who cares for her, and she still reflects on the similarities between her world and the other one.

And throughout all this, she never became She-Ra. That would have been spectacular to see her fight against Vader and the others.

And I'm a little shocked that Light Hope couldn't have located her sooner than this, or at all. Not that Adora wasn't useful to the Rebellion, but still.

Anyway, good work!

gunman chapter 9 . 3/19/2008
There seems to be a monotonous flowing through out this story. Adora is captured and rescued left and right. On Etheria she'd be pulling her own weight against the Horde, She-Ra or not. And now she has been rescued once again.

The most startling aspect of this chapter is that you have Vader going slightly crazy over the images and voices of various people from his past.

From Obi-Wan, to Padme, to his mother.

They are all telling him the same thing, yet he refuses to believe it.

These are the voices of people who loved him and whom he loved, yet he keeps rejecting them in place of a man who admitted being a Sith and rules the Republic with a grizzled iron fist. He is using torture tactics on people, he wanted to kill Lt Piett for his failure as if he was solely responsible, and doesn't see that destroying everyone in his path is not the right path towards an age of peace.

Good work on this.
gunman chapter 8 . 3/19/2008
Again with the short chapter.

Not bad though.

Adora is on her way to Dantooine to retrieve the stolen plans for the Death Star, and the Empire has found her rather quickly. Odd, considering they never had the chance to locate her any easier than that.

Still, it's good to see Vader musing over the life he once had as Anakin Skywalker. He's still cursing Obi-Wan, but at least he admits that he still loves Padme.

Good work!
gunman chapter 7 . 3/19/2008
So, everyone on Eternia and Etheria thinks Adora's dead, and now Leia thinks she's an Imperial spy.

Great!

Oh, and now we find out that she has a high midi-chlorean count as well?

As if having one super power wasn't enough, now she's got a potential back-up power.

At least you're moving the story in a good direction.

But now Adora's set to steal the Death Star plans?

Oh, there goes the neighborhood.

She just got freed from the Empire, and now she's going back? Even if they think she's dead, that's still a big risk.

gunman chapter 6 . 3/19/2008
Okay, once again, a short chapter, but a good read.

You have kept Boba Fett in character, proving him to be as ruthless as he is resourceful. A bio-weapon in a hypodermic needle? Nice touch. One wouldn't think that a bounty hunter would use something like that.

Even so, it's a nice tip of the hat to Star Wars bounty hunter.

Also, Leia seems more than a little angry, but that's understandable. She a daughter who just wants her fathers love. Despite the important work that he's doing, he is also neglecting his duties as a parent.

I guess Adora can relate to that, having been away from her own family for so long. I mean, they are alive, but just not with her.

gunman chapter 5 . 3/19/2008
Awfully short chapter.

But not bad.

And did Adora get captured again? And by Boba Fett? He's the only person I could think of that Vader would hire for a job like this, on Kamino, and wearing that kind of armor.

Adora seems to be getting kidnapped alot, doesn't she?

First by the Empire, then by the Rebels, then by Boba Fett for the Empire.

I'm also a little confused as to how Fett found her so soon.

Short, but nice chapter.

gunman chapter 4 . 3/19/2008
You have Adora rescued pretty quickly from the Empire. But if she passed out it would make some sense that there would be a time lapse.

And at least Adora is out of Imperial hands.

Odd though, that Adora has gone from one Rebellion into the hands of another.

And Adora is Force-sensititve? I would have thought it would be common sense or instinct from dealing with The Horde all the time.

Captain Thrawn's explanation of the sword was impressive, but also that it gives Palpatine more information as to the true nature of the sword's power.

Good work on this chapter.

gunman chapter 3 . 3/19/2008
They walked for miles? Wouldn't it have been easier to take a transport and only walk a short distance from the landing pad?

Oh well.

And now you have Adora meet Palpatine. He's using the Force on her and then Force-lightning to make her talk. Adora's pretty strong, having been raised on a Horde-ruled planet and such. Adam might have given up sooner, if you think about it.

And Vader more intimidating that Hordak? That's not hard to believe. At least Vader actually kills people.

Good work on this.

gunman chapter 2 . 3/19/2008
This was rather interesting to read.

This story takes place 20 years after the Clone Wars, but you have Piett as a Lieutenant?

You have Kowl carve a good luck charm that looks like a Japor Snippet which is what Anakin gave to Padme when he was a little boy on Tattooine.

You also have Vader so blinded by his anger that he doesn't give any consideration to his own humanity.

And while that makes sense, it's kinda hard to believe that he wouldn't have calmed down after all these years. Loyalty and duty not withstanding.

Not bad. Good work.

gunman chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
Okay, like where this is going.

But I'm confused about something: Adora is taking a SHIP to go to Eternia? I thought Etheria and Eternia were in two different dimensions. Couldn't she just use a portal to go and visit her family?

Though it does kind of make sense to do it this way.

That and the cosmic storm you mentioned reminded me of the Fantastic Four movie.

And now you have Adora on Coruscant, her weapons confiscated and being captured by storm troopers.

They certainly are better at using those stun beams than lasers.

Chris Gilbert chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
I love the cross over and hope there is going to be more.