Reviews for Untested
Sylla chapter 27 . 12/8/2009
Okay, so I totally read this in one sitting, after wending my way to your profile. And... lemme tell ya, it was pretty much everything I could have asked for in a Castlevania fic. It's the first ever OC!Belmont fic I've read that I've actually liked, in fact. The pacing was good, the plot was solid, technical errors were rare... excellent.

I'll try and pretend I wasn't rooting for a little Dracula/Ria, shall I? ._.'

Although I DID feel that your characterization of Isaac was on occasion a lil' too sympathetic. I mean, if you take into account what he did to Rosalie in (the prequel manga of) Curse of Darkness... but really, a minor quibble.

Also, Ria is one of the few OCs I can stomach sarcasm from. Usually it just comes across as the author going, "Heehee, look at me and my glib humor!"—but where Ria is concerned, it just seemed like part of her personality. Kudos.

Now, onto the sequel. Expect another review soon, I bet.
Mirai Reiko chapter 27 . 9/28/2009
I've came across this fic a few times, but actually never considered reading it until now, and I will admit, it was all worth the five hours of reading all of it till the end. Your description of places, people, and the characters' thoughts where really well-thought. I honestly still, could picture in my head, how each character's expression was worded, and Adriana's new hometown, from her bedroom, to the castle and cafe. Speaking of which, Adriana was an extremely well-developed OC, and I sympathized with her throughout the whole story. That's how I believe all good OCs should be like; to actually have the reader feel for for them and root for them.

The way you placed century-old characters from different games and placed them all together in our time period had logic, and you pulled it off extremely well. And how you portrayed them made me love them, or at least grown to love them, with Dracula, Isaac, and Sara being my favorites. I also loved your sense of humor, putting these ancient, almost legendary characters in modern day scenarios really made my day. I believe Chapter 10 was it, where Isaac knew how to use a cell phone, and much later on in the story, Sara swear, as well as Dracula commenting on his experience with television. Hell, the slang words they used were hilarious, and I loved how you made references to American pop culture. I couldn't stop giggling.

Getting to the subject of Ria and Isaac's relationship, like another reader pointed out, it was slow and steady, as they both didn't run into each others' arms and professing their undying love at the start, or anything like love at first sight. Even though they entirely don't really have a strong bond, they've managed to become a bit more friendlier with one another, and even had some cute moments that still satisfied the hopeless romantic side of me. I wonder how their bond will progress, seeing as they are many years apart; Ria 15 and Isaac over 400 years old (chronologically speaking, since he died at 26).

I look froward to the sequel you're writing, and I'll leave another nice review there as well. I'm gonna add you to my alerts and stuff, so kudos to you for writing such an awesome story. :3
Ksinogalo chapter 27 . 9/21/2009
Aww~ That Isaac/Ria moment was really cute. I like this chappy a LOT. And I'm looking forward for the sequel. Go go Isaac!
DezoPenguin chapter 27 . 9/20/2009
Nice wrap-up. I like when long stories have epilogue chapters; a flaw of horror movies and games alike tends to be that once the final battle is over there's no "down time" to reflect on what's happened or what changed. So it's good to see this. Also good that the emergence of the crisis situation helped Ria and her mother realize how minimal and petty their previous issues were, so there was progress and growth there.

One thing that's probably worth mentioning now is that generally the idea of including romance in a fic between a canon character and an original character is something that's toxic for me, an outright interest-killer. This has been one of the exceptions to the rule, for three reasons: the Ria/Isaac romance always took a very distant backseat in the plot to the fight against Walter, Isaac himself had no romantic interest given in the original source (plus, y'know, he ended up getting killed and made into Dracula's vessel in "Curse of Darkness," so you're also not messing with his potential future, either), and the development has been slow and careful instead of having them drop into each other's arms instantly (despite the rather significant imagery of the quotation that begins this chapter). So far so good there.

And of course, while several issues are left hanging...that's a good thing when you're already planning the sequel. I'll be there when it posts!
dreamsafantasy chapter 27 . 9/20/2009
hooray for *realizes she has forgotten the authors name**scrolls up to look* Patricia de Lioncourt! excellent! i can't waiit for the update... though technically it's a new story, but it's still an update to this one so... UPDATE! yaay!
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 27 . 9/20/2009
*Does a jumping up and down happy dance* SQUEE! Sorry, I had to let that one out. I really can't wait for the sequel. This pair is so fantastic at casual dialogue-I love how you write for them. Also, on a more technical note, you did a fantastic job of shifting from the present scene to the flashback scene and back. Oh, and great description in this chapter as well. Well done! I loved it...How many times can I say that? Well, one more for the road: I LOVED IT! The end. *Pouts* But not really the end, cause there's a sequel coming.

Excellent job!
Eldritch-Cien chapter 27 . 9/20/2009
Yay! That was one of the best Castlevania stories I've EVAR read! And I'm so glad you're making a sequel. Maybe they'll actually get together later! Woot Ria and Isaac! *happy dance* I'm glad I kept up with this story and I'm totally looking forward to the next adventure of Ria-y goodness. See ya at the sequel!
James Birdsong chapter 26 . 9/17/2009
Surely good final chapter. Joy. Cool
Eldritch-Cien chapter 26 . 9/13/2009
amazing amazing AMAZING! You're right, I DID like this chapter...a hell of a lot! I like it when Walter gets pwned. He was such a bastard in Lament of Innocence, plus he made it so difficult to get to his room. What a coward, hiding behind his boss monsters. Lulz, this chapter was the best of all and I almost wish it wouldn't end, but then it would turn all Dragonball Z-ish and none of us want that, so...the show must end! *cry* Can't wait to see what you say bout the epilogue! 3
dreamsafantasy chapter 26 . 9/13/2009
hehe, nicely done, very nicely done. can't wait for the next installment... and the sequel... *squee*
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 26 . 9/12/2009
Awesome conclusion! I loved it! I'm so glad that you mentioned the Sophie, Sarah thing. OH, and the Harry Potter explanation cracked me up. I just had this mental image of Walter's expression and it was hilarious. Wonderful chapter! And Isaac's servitude...*wiggles eyebrows* Sorry...I went completely off track in my head...lol.
James Birdsong chapter 25 . 9/10/2009
One can certainly say twenty-four and twenty-five are good
Eldritch-Cien chapter 25 . 9/2/2009
Thank GAIA that Ria lived! Very suspenseful chapter and bo for letting Walter beat up on Drac. Ria will need to deal some major pwnage once she gets into the action, mmkay? lol

And that's right, Isaac! You'd better start realizing that you care for Ria and her mom! Rawr!

This is how I want it to end:

Walter: Rawr I are teh uber vampierz! I are l33t and I wil DEFEET YOUZ! Gya ha ha ha (etc)

Dracula: LOL u fail. OM NOM NOM NOM. I win.

Isaac: RIA OM for reals even tho Iz stoopid!

Ria: LOL u tard I knew that already. JK *glomp*

HAPPY ENDING

...or something like that. LOL

Loved the update, can't wait to read the next one.
DezoPenguin chapter 25 . 9/1/2009
Fun watching Dracula taking apart Olrox. When in doubt, never try out new weapons for the first time when fighting former Dark Lords! I guess now we know why he didn't show up in any of the Soma Cruz Castlevanias, eh?

Can't wait to see how this is going to all shake out and how Ria got away from that situation...makes me wonder if she had a Cunning Plan all along while she told the others to go on without her...
Anmynous chapter 25 . 9/1/2009
No! Not the Cliffhanger!

I didn't really expect Orlox to be able to put up much of a fight (even as much as he did), but disregarding that, it seems very strange for a vain creature like him to roll on the floor.

In game terms, he'd just zip away while hovering mid-air.

Anyway, he met a most fitting end.

Wouldn't Dracula discard the scythe? Pride and all, it doesn't seem his style to keep using it.
131 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »