Reviews for Circular Reasoning
Episoidal chapter 4 . 4/28
? Still have no idea what an 'Unseelie' is despite having read the previous 3 chapters three times. No idea what a fae is either.
SpartanBoi chapter 1 . 4/10
Even though I don't really like Harry in this, the imagery of the apocalyptic world was absolutely fantastic. It was so good and felt really gritty, makes me want to write my own. I really think the story peaked at the prologue.
Sadly, the story falls short in most other places. The main character is insane and basically evil with no redemption in sight, the storyline is a mess, and the pacing is straight wack (we don't even get a glimpse at Voldemort and it is implied that he won't be the 'final boss' whatever Mab
has up her sleeve will be). The spelling and grammar are pretty good, and so is the dialogue but that really doesn't help when you have all these problems I mentioned before.
It also needed more lighthearted and less intense moments. Like those scenes he was talking with Fred and George.
Overall, not the greatest story, but the imagery is amazing.
SirchSidhe chapter 28 . 3/7
This was avery interesting story. Thank you for sharing it.
This is the first time I saw a story where a person coming back in time immediately decides "fuck this; I'm out of here". Which is a pretty reasonable responce in Harry's case. I really liked this moment.
Riemann Euler chapter 14 . 3/1
new chapter recently posted on dlp, just putting this up in case anyone does not know
GreenTea4062 chapter 28 . 2/21
What the fuck is wrong with everyone in this story?

I kinda love-hate Harry and Sirius' relationship (is it relationship?) of this story. Maybe I'll read this again in the future.
Animago chapter 6 . 2/19
O que você está fazendo? Parece que jogou merda no ventilador.
Animago chapter 4 . 2/19
Têm muito personagens oc! Só tolero porque são importantes para a trama ser possível, mas se ninguém do canon aparecer, vou parar de ler.
Good story but regardless of how traumatized he is, Harry's mental age seems closer to 10 than 30.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/26/2020
Nice references. 1984 particularly interesting.
StonerMcWeedPot chapter 28 . 9/11/2020
Just finished reading this for a second time and I’m reminded how sad it is that you haven’t decided to continue this. Hope you come back one day, this story is really good.
biggusdickus chapter 18 . 8/30/2020
I was reading this fan-fic again for the first time in a few years. This work appealed to me, as a young teen, filled with really simple thoughts about what I considered good fan fiction - and it was mostly about how many tropes you could fit into a story without it being overly cloying such that I could satisfy my cravings for escapism, power, etc.. you name it. Given that criteria, your story would be considered "good fan fiction."

The dialogue's okay, the new characters are a little intriguing if corny, and I like the magic being a fan of the Dresden Files. That said, when we re-establish the bar and ask for a good "story" and not good "fan fiction", this work falls flat.

There's a couple of problems w/ it, but I think the main problem is that Harry is really unlikable...

We're presented at the start of the story with a view of the alternate timelines... Great, I love time travel. And we see, well things fall to shit. Harry loses everything he loves, becomes a shadow of himself, yadda yadda yadda. And so there's mostly interest because of who Harry already is as a character via Rowling's books... BUT then, we smash that to pieces in the story, and come up w/ an entirely new character. And so the challenge is... well who the hell is this guy and why should we care?

What are his motivations? Why is he so twisted... Everyone in the story reflects his deep self-loathing and self-destructive tendencies. He gets a second chance at life... but we don't really see beyond his bitterness and have no inkling of redemption. So why do we stick around for the main character... Because he has cool magic and he's powerful? That's such a shallow and unsatisfying answer.

There's no build up to a satisfying answer to this guy's character development. All we have is this messed up MC w/ no way out of his own trauma.
Pimity chapter 4 . 8/21/2020
wayyyyyyyyyy to complicated. im here for a harry potter fanfic, not an original work with an OC named harry potter.
The Nice Dalek chapter 28 . 8/7/2020
This was brilliantly written, and I very much enjoyed your descriptions of scenery and action, but there were too many plot lines occurring simultaneously to be coherent and I felt the pacing was quite poor. Ultimately a good story, it's a shame it goes unfinished
Cocokitten12 chapter 12 . 8/7/2020
I seriously cannot express just how much I enjoy reading this fic. It expands beyond the wizarding world to a world of fae and other creatures, and has very realistic characters. I also absolutely love how you show events that do not include Harry, like the one with Draco and his father. It’s honestly disappointing that this has not been updated for years, though.
JaehaerysTargaryen chapter 21 . 7/22/2020
Lalalalalalallalala! Climaxed the fuck out of that chapter. It's extremely interesting and the grammar is amazing. It's 5AM rn but I'm stull going to choose reading the next chapter over sleep.
2,108 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »