Reviews for Somehow He Always Knew
snooze2010 chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
...i have no words for how beautiful that was!
omg, i was like, thisclose to tears!
my only wish was that it was longer. longer and longer and longer. your writing, and the story, they're just so beautiful!
:')
gginsc chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
A sad but beautiful tale. Lovely story.
meshalok chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Oh gosh, you made me cry... That was beautiful, perfectly orchestrated. I could feel the fierce friendship the two held for each other embracing me like a warm hug that brings giddy feelings and content sighs. Yeah. THAT'S how great it was. Cyber high five! You hit this right on the mark! I don't think I'll be forgeting this story ANYTIME soon. Who needs to read romance fictions when one's of friendship mean so much more. I myself value friendship over romance, with friendship you can love as many as you wish, but you can only be IN love with one person. I'm very glad you decided to share this story with the world, it truly expressed one of the most beautiful things that exists in nature.

Ok, I'm done preaching friendship for now, I'm gonna go read through your other stories, which I'm sure are just as equally marvelous as as this one. ;)
Alex chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
This fic was so poignant, I nearly sniffled at the end of it. It was extremely believable, it fit with the reality of what it would be like to be a human and friends with an elf. You didn't try to force a Legomance upon him, and their relationship was so sweetly sad. I knew the inevitable the whole time, yet hoped for something else. However, it couldn't have ended any better.
Charmel chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
This was a sweet story. I absolutely loved it.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Lovely.
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 4/2/2006
Ok, you need to add tissue box warnings to such as these! Beautiful story!

As I am new to much of your work (though would you believe I have read most of it in about a week?) I had noticed several things that I had to mention.

You seem to write from cannon but there is on thing not cannon & I wondered if it is purposely AU or were you unaware of it. Most of your stories have Legolas leaving the Greenwood after the War of the Ring and moving to Fangorn. However, the appendices say he moved to Ithilien in Gondor & became a lord there under Aragorn until Aragorn's death. Just wondering.

Also, in reference to your story "Not A Word" you were asking about another term for she-elves. I believe that term would be elleth or ellith in the plural. A male would be an ellon? (though I'm not as sure on the male). Just a thought.

I tire sorting through the "teen authors" looking for some real stories to escape into. But they are out there & are often the one thing I look forward to after work. Wonderfully cheap way to unwind indeed though yes, an addiction!

I'm looking forward to the rest of your stories as they come out. I check my email daily looking for updates on WIP's that I am following. Several haven't been undated in a while & I had to start looking for more good authors to hold me over. That's how I found your work. & I'm so happy I did!

I know you said you didn't have a lot of time but I'm going to make a few recommendations anyway!

All of these authors are great and some should be published. My favorite author is Thundera Tiger. If you haven't read anything of hers you need to do it. Most are not romance but the friendship between Legolas & Gimli is incredibly portrayed & she stays true to cannon beautifully!

Others are : Etharei, Ithilien, Jocelyn, Laiquendi, Lamiel, Legolass Q, Mebrireth, mirkwood cat, Silivren Tinu

hope you find some time to read as well as write!

Later

-NiRi
Even chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
I have only one thing to say:

Very good.

cu even.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/16/2005
Angst-filled stories seem to be your forte. Though they wrench my heart apart, I find them addictively poignant nonetheless. In these stories, the sorrow of the elves and the grief of men that result from interaction between the two races is explored in much depth. Whether between soul mates or friends, any sort of love between an elf and a human is bound to result in sorrow, it seems.

At first, when I read the Lord of the Rings series, I only thought, as your heroine in "When the Last Leaf Falls" thought, that elves are like angels, blessed beings with many gifts, immortality certainly not the least of them; but the full meaning of their immortality did not hit me until I read this fanfic here today. And I doubt even THAT encompasses the full meaning. I had not realized there was so much pain in immortality.

Now I know what Tolkien must have meant when he briefly mentioned (in Silmarillion?) how immortality is really more of a disservice than a gift in a mortal land. Reading it as a brief sentence or two is very different from actually seeing it in one of your fanfics, with all of the raw emotions packed in, and being able to feel all of those emotions first-hand, through the characters.

At first, I had thought the elves blessed because of their immortality, and wondered why Tolkien wrote that Eru told the Valar that while immortality may seem a blessing at first, mortality shall be desired as time wears on, that even the Valar themselves shall come to envy mortals.

Now I see why immortality could be a burden when all else is mortal, but I still wonder... is immortality really much different from afterlife? If after death, mortals pass on to the afterlife, which does last for eternity, how then is that different from immortality, save that immortals are bound to the physical world, which Tolkien calls "Arda", whereas mortals are not? Save that immortals keep their form and shape throughout eternity, while mortals may not?

Was the fate that Luthien and Arwen had chosen really so different from the fate of their ancestors? The only barrier, it seems, that separates those two from their kin is that while their kin is bound to Arda, Luthien and Arwen are forbidden, perchance, to re-enter Arda, now or ever. Their im/mortality does not separate them. Physical barriers do.
chantal chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
absolutely beautiful. I'm going to go cry my eyes out now... You are a great writer! Thank you
Swasti chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
it was so beautiful i got all teary eyed! (which is quite an annoyance when your trying to read!,.. but a welcome annoyance nevertheless!)
Katia0203 chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
This story was...wow...I can't even find the correct words to describe it. It was so moving, so well written. I was able to feel and understand the emotions of the characters, and visualize the events that occured. It made me long for a friend that would be so close to me, and got me thinking about the ones that I hold dear. And it made tears fall silently down my cheeks at various times, especially at the end. So thank you, it made my day. Keep writing...you need to know how talented you are.
SofiaB chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
I loved this one. It was bittersweet and I just enjoyed it so much.
LJP chapter 1 . 11/29/2005
so Legolas has just performed the first ff elven euthanasia?
Tinnuial chapter 1 . 11/29/2005
That was lovely...wouldn't I have loved to have an elf as a playmate and lifelong friend...*sigh*

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story with us.