Reviews for Choosing Family
don't just leave us here on the edge of a cliff! D:
nooooo...!
twin1 chapter 14 . 9/24/2014
Very well thought out and written story, looking forward to more.
DymphnaOneAndOnly chapter 14 . 9/23/2014
Wow! That was.. just wow! Amazing! And what a cliffhanger you've got here! It feels like I'm sitting on pins, I'm so anxious to find out what's next!
J chapter 14 . 9/17/2014
Wow, really interesting fanfic. You've got the emotions and behavior of all the characters down really well. Hermione really sounds like she's onto something, though I doubt she'll get it right. While slow-paced, your plot is engaging and you have enough going on to keep me entertained. Your cliffhanger left me wondering about the state of Harry's relatives. Who are they, the Malfoys?
I hope your next update is soon!
choclatbandit chapter 14 . 9/17/2014
omg what did Draco know?!
forestreject chapter 14 . 9/17/2014
Huh?
BlueWater5 chapter 14 . 9/16/2014
Great story - intricate and well-written. It's interesting to watch as Harry and Draco learn about the bond. Looking forward to the next update - please take so long to post it!
SolBird chapter 14 . 9/16/2014
OMG All the cliff-hangers. I love this story mostly because it's Remus and Snape in a mentoring position to Harry and a friendly Draco, which is really hard to get all in one story, even though all of these are some of my favorite relationships. Or at least, it's hard to get in a well-written believable story, but this is just really cool. Even though it's been a bit since you're last posting, I saw the update and I was super excited. Hope you don't leave us hanging for long!
sunsethill chapter 14 . 9/16/2014
As always, you have done a fabulous job with the interactions between the characters. They are well-drawn and believable while leaving a bit of mystery about where each of the relationships are going to go. I was also able to pretty much catch myself up with the plot just from reading the chapter, but I may go back to remind myself about details. I find I'm forgetting just exactly why Harry and Snape are getting along so well, but I remember the major reasons. It is also not very nice to leave us with the little cliffie at the end. I think I know what Harry is angry about at the end, but I'm not quite sure. Maybe I will need to reread to see if I'm supposed to be able to figure it out or if it's a real mystery who Harry has found in Debrett's. I'm glad you're still writing on this as I can't find enough quality, deep stories that really want to explore family relationships that aren't romantic.
YamiDuo chapter 14 . 9/16/2014
What the ... that is one hell of a cliff hanger. can't wait for the next chapter.
Lupinesence chapter 14 . 9/16/2014
Great fic so far :)
Miriam1 chapter 14 . 9/15/2014
Oh, dear.

I understand the pussy-footing everyone is doing to make sure that the bond remains a secret until it MUST become public.

However, the idea that Harry has living relatives, and is actually related to Draco (I'm not sure if that is the secret that Harry discovered that has him furious) is going to be hurtful.

Harry is related to Draco and he could have been living with the Malfoys all this time. Harry could have lived with Andromeda and Ted. There are LOTS of options that Harry had available that Dumbledore never bothered to consider.

And Harry is now discovering that he didn't have to stay in the hell hole of the Dursleys. Draco knew that they were related, and that Harry could have been made safer and less abused, and he never told Harry.

This turn of events may not turn out well for the bond, or it may turn into the first punishment that Harry may actually dish out. This has great potential to turn ugly, which may NOT be good for either of them at present.

While I hope for the best for them, I look forward to reading the resolution of this situation, one way or another.

Sincerely,
Miriam
Guest chapter 2 . 9/15/2014
Now please recognize that I mean this in a good way - 14 Chapter in nearly a decade? This story is very good, I hope you'll update more close together eventually. It's such a good story to just be updated sporadically; cliff hangers in good stories always kill me. D:
the other world chapter 13 . 7/4/2014
heya
gr8 story you have here. It;s rather unique - most of these devolve into slash while thankfully this hasn't - honestly, can't two men have a strong friendship/relationship without it having to be sexual? EVERYTHING has to be romanticized these days. (oops, sorry for ranting. Just saying, I find the current situation in your story excellent).
i think you've struck an excellent balance in your story with Draco and Harry's personality. His fear of him abusing power is spot on, and I think his dream and its consequences on his dealings with Draco and really realistic.
I love your Snape, and I'm glad your Remus is more active than canon - that's a bone I'd like to pick with JKR. Honestly, he really should have had a greater role in Harry's life - canon Remus is such a complacent person. Except when he isn't. :P ahem*DeathlyHallows*ahem
anyways, great story but please update more. I was disappointed to see you haven't updated for over 2 years - that usually means that you're unlikely to update again. Please do! Your story is awesome. and I love the chapter lengths! :)
hypercell chapter 13 . 10/7/2013
I LOVE this story! The character dynamics are amazing and I love the plot! I can't wait for an update. When do you think you will be updating?