Reviews for Choosing Family
Guest chapter 15 . 12/15/2015
I just realized that you've been writing this story for almost exactly a decade, kudos for sticking with it! 3
Phoenix Rebel chapter 15 . 11/17/2015
This story is so interesting! So many feelings and things they have to negotiate through. So many pitfalls they fall into. I'm wondering if Harry has any other Potter relatives out there. Even 2nd, 3rd or 4th cousins. It would seem like he would have to have a few as a lot of the purebloods are related to each other. Can't wait to read the next chapter!
choclatbandit chapter 15 . 11/14/2015
Yay stories back, had to backtrack a bit to figure out was happening but another excellent chapter. Well done
Aracertariel chapter 15 . 11/13/2015
Hermione is adorable with how she thinks she knows what's going on and os pretty much completely wrong. I was glad to see a new chapter of this.
BlueWater5 chapter 15 . 11/10/2015
Great update! I love how the relationships between Harry, Draco, and Severus are developing. Please update again soon.
sunsethill chapter 15 . 11/10/2015
You are continuing to juggle so many balls I'm not sure how you're doing this. And even after all this time I was pretty sure I was remembering all the important things I needed to remember. I'm really glad sometimes when people have plotted their stories before canon got too closed off. So Eileen married a Potter after something happened to Severus' father, and James was still horrible to him? I'm eager to get your background on this. I also wish we could keep Rowling from dribbling out even more "canon" to us where she does horrible things like name James' father "Fleamont". Shudder. I am also really loving how you are using this whole process to make Harry think about what a family is and what he wants his new family to actually be like as he compares what he knows about the various families he is familiar with. Thanks for continuing to work on this story. I was quite excited to see the notification that there was a new chapter.
cztelnik chapter 14 . 5/31/2015
This story is fascinating. The detail makes it slower reading then normal but it still flows and the emotions and characters traits are consistant.
Guest chapter 14 . 5/15/2015
*Harry was given "an official Request for Adoption. It had three parts — multiple choice, short and long answers — designed to make sure he'd considered the ramifications." Keeping in mind it has been designed by the Ministry of Magic, what sort of questions are on the form?*
1. If you were feeling uncomfortable or pressured into the adoption process, who could you contact at the ministry to help you?
2. the adoption process can prolong the "minor" status of an individual, how does this affect the individual's relationship with the ministry?
3. [This question is for muggle-born wizards and witches only- if not applicable write "n/a" and skip to the next question] How do you plan to assimilate into your new wizarding family? What resources does the ministry have available to help you learn about British Wizarding culture?
Guest chapter 14 . 2/14/2015
don't just leave us here on the edge of a cliff! D:
nooooo...!
twin1 chapter 14 . 9/24/2014
Very well thought out and written story, looking forward to more.
DymphnaOneAndOnly chapter 14 . 9/23/2014
Wow! That was.. just wow! Amazing! And what a cliffhanger you've got here! It feels like I'm sitting on pins, I'm so anxious to find out what's next!
J chapter 14 . 9/17/2014
Wow, really interesting fanfic. You've got the emotions and behavior of all the characters down really well. Hermione really sounds like she's onto something, though I doubt she'll get it right. While slow-paced, your plot is engaging and you have enough going on to keep me entertained. Your cliffhanger left me wondering about the state of Harry's relatives. Who are they, the Malfoys?
I hope your next update is soon!
choclatbandit chapter 14 . 9/17/2014
omg what did Draco know?!
forestreject chapter 14 . 9/17/2014
Huh?
BlueWater5 chapter 14 . 9/16/2014
Great story - intricate and well-written. It's interesting to watch as Harry and Draco learn about the bond. Looking forward to the next update - please take so long to post it!