Reviews for Advent
lol chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
This was a great little prequel story.
Murazor chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Very fine fic, this one, in the whole.
Texcatlipoka chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
What a wonderful story. That was just brilliant, skilfully written, well set up, everything you could possibly want. I fall on my knees in awe! All I could find to criticise was Craig Whitaker, who in my opinion stands out like a giant walking stereotype. Other than that, this is genius! Loved it.
Sanchica chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
I just started reading D&D fanfiction, but yours has to be among the best fics ever that focus in how everything started. Your portray of the characters was so accurate that it was scary. I especially liked the interactions between Eric and Diana, perhaps because I love that pairing, but you wrote them beautifully. Reading this story was a real treat :o)
WhiteVeils chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
Hi!

I've really enjoyed this story. My favorite piece was also Eric saying goodbye to his parents, but I also really liked the early flirting and setup between Hank and Sheila (thanks to Diana). My least favorite bit, if I have to have one, was just the phrasing for the scene between Eric and Diana in the amusement park about chivalry. I don't know why...it just came across as a little stilted. I think I understand why you were going there. Obviously this leaves open the questions of why the Young ones were brought to the realm, but you answer that in legacy. If you ever want to chat about this story in detail, send me a note and I'll be happy to talk about it.
Ranuel chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
Nice. I really like how you took what little we know about the kids' life before and seamlessly filled in original material. Great characterization for everyone, especially Presto.
wulfgarfang chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
when you commit yourself to alot of time and effort, a truly wonderful piece of writing is created. excellent job here - wfang
Black Cloud 781 chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
Very good story!

I like how you manage every one of the characters! And the way you started the story of dungeons and Dragons childrens make me think that this is really the truth story before they entered the Realm!

Congratulations! You made it very well and accurate!

Ill go read the rest of your fics.

Edrianel.

PS: Sorry for my horrible English.
lisa316 chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Oh, WOW! This was great! Saying I loved it feels like an understatement.

You NAILED the characters! You took what the show gave us and then enhanced them and made them believable enough to allow them to exist in the real world. I liked the way you developed relationships between all six of them. Your Presto was so sweet; lost and goofy but not too depressed about it, and I loved your Eric (My style is uncrampable...BRILLIANT!)

My favorite parts:

*When Eric paid the cheerleader to do his homework. I thought it was a great detail to show how he wouldn't take advantage of Presto, even though Eric could easily have gotten him to do it. He didn't want to take advantage of his friend, but he had no intention of doing it himself either - very Eric.

*When Eric said goodbye to his parents. You really put a lot of emotion across in that scene, even though it was so subtle. I was praying for his father to say something more personal before his son left.

*When you showed Dungeon Master watching the kids and feeling sorry for them. That was a great twist. His ambivalence was always a point of contention in my mind. You added more depth to the situation.

Anyway, I realize you wrote this about a million years ago, but I couldn’t just read it and pass up the opportunity to tell you how much I enjoyed it. I hope this review still manages to find you. Thanks for writing.
SithelfJen chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
This is a a great prequel to the show.

Thanks for posting
Gabi Web chapter 1 . 5/8/2005
Well done! I hope you keep writing, this is fun!
Karin1 chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
I know I'm a little late, telling you how much I liked your story, but I just discovered the Dungeons & Dragons section. I must say that I really enjoyed this fanfic. It was great to see how things were before they entered the Realm, how they all got to know each other and even a little Hank/Sheila romance! Great job!
~Karin~
C.Bell chapter 1 . 10/16/2003
Great story, Rummi. I adore your work, you are very talented. This is a perfect Pre-Realm story, I love the way you captured the characters and how you had them interact with each other. Good job! :-)
Samwise Baggins chapter 1 . 9/10/2003
This is a very well written, insightful look at the gang and their journey. I am now reading your other story, and hope to see more from you concerning the D&D gang. WOuld you consider doing ones based inside the series instead of around it?

Thanks again.

Sam
Ashti chapter 1 . 7/27/2003
You wrote Advent! _You_ wrote Advent! :D

I can't recall how many times I've read this story, but I 've always done so with pleasure.

Granted, I'd forgotten all about it what with college and life and all, but..

No wonder Legacy had such a familiar feel to it _

Anyway, thanks! _

*is off to read it again*
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »