Reviews for Umbrella
please update. :)
kalmaegi chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
"changing attributes again..." pffft. Noticing another detail. I wonder if Tomoe had been thinking about their personality or Kaoru's impatience influencing the weather.
A Midsummer chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
This always had been lingering at the back of my mind, whenever I contemplate Kenshin's past love and the tragedy that happened. When I first knew about Tomoe it was through my older sister's lips as she casually mentioned Kenshin's former wife and I, being the child that I am, was steadfast in my hate and indigence. I hated the woman who suddenly smashed through my childish romantic fantasy with a cruel, realistic hand. But this was one of the first, that made me forget my anger and think through my opinion of the woman without dark emotions fueling it.

And the plot twist! I've almost forgotten about that tale and as usual I fell for the trap, thinking that Miss Rainfall had been Kaoru and not Tomoe. "Onee-sama" she had said and it had confused me. Thankfully, as she further told the tale, my misunderstanding was cleared.

Thank you, for letting me give Tomoe a chance. Because she deserved better.
RockMama chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
Just as lovely on the 10th read through as the 1st. One of my favorites. Thank you!
Brukaoru chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
I believe Kaoru's characterization was very good. Tomoe felt a bit off to me for some reason. In your other story 'the inside of my skin', I think you had a really good grasp of her character. So perhaps you were going a different route with her personality in this story. Either way, the symbolism with the umbrella was interwoven into the story very well. It was a nice, short and sweet story.
Sundarii chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
i remember reading this story a long time ago, and having re-read it, remember now why it was one of my favorites. i absolutely loved your interpretation of Tomoe and the interaction between her and Kaoru was brilliant. From everything ranging from the changing umbrella to the story that Tomoe tells Ayame and Suzume to Tomoe addressing Kaoru as "onee-sama"...I just loved it.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
i have issues with tomoe... she was still going to go through with 'it' when she tried to send enishi back to edo. she only changed her mind after her expose of kenshin's murder of her fiance (soldiers who go to war sometimes get killed by opposing soldiers) compounding the guilt he'd already carried and her condemnation expressed to him from the time he picked her up... she neglected to mention that there were bakufu hitokiri and soldiers lying in wait in the forest where he could use his expert knowledge, and the tactical advantage knowing that little detail would have given him. but that was all water under the bridge (i don't hate her but i do have issues with her).

she did in your story accept some culpability for her immaturity and her actions and for that my attitude is somewhat slightly softened toward her. the story itself was a wonderful feeling and i appreciated the ego boost that you had her give kaoru.

if you hadn't heard about the 'rurouni kenshin' live action movie that's been released in japan and they're planning on releasing it in over sixty countries! or the new manga rewrite it's called 'kinema ban' or the animated rewrite of the kyoto arc called 'shin kyoto hen' (all different stories).

if you plug in the following code in the youtube search engine you can see a few of the trailers for the live action movie:

yaLOPVAuJs4

enjoy!

a pleasure,
ginny
kokoronagomu. deviantart. com
ټ
glna chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Well, that was awesome :)
miss greenpeace chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Wow. This is one very interesting take on kaoru/tomoe's relationship. We all know tomoe approves of kaoru, but your story provided the closure we need about them both, and you craft them all so well it's beautiful that it left readers satisfied. I really like this :)) and this goes straight to my fave's list. Congrats for a well made story :)) cheers
TricksterBoo chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Wow... I don't have any words to describe it otherwise. I loved the chance to see interactions and understanding between Tomoe and Kaoru. Thank you for taking the time to write and publish this!
A Midsummer Night's Dream chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
Onee-sama ka...somehow when Tomoe was halfway thru the story about the god's sense of humor I realized why she called Kaoru with such respect."Genki de ite ne, oneesama." Hahaha...At first, I thought Kaoru was Miss Rainfall and Tomoe was the more practical Miss Snowfall. -sheepish- Onee-sama...
wittyying chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
I liked Tomo's story. Thanks for writing this.
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
Well...this was quite interesting. Is it weird that Tomoe seems to be the kind of person the come back as a ghost in order to check on her ex-husband's new family? Anyways, Umbrella is brilliantly written; it was very enjoyable to read. :3
Ohagi-chan chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
This is exactly the way I would picture the two of them meeting. Beautiful writing. 'Til next time!
Lellow chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
I like this... the story does such justice to the character of Tomoe. Although i don't completely agree with the characterization of Tomoe - to each their own right ;), i find your writing compelling and believable :) Kudos
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »