Reviews for A Second Chance: The Rewrite
sfjoellen chapter 15 . 10/19
well rats, I was reading that and the next button went away!

nice story, thanks for writing!
Bianchi jura chapter 15 . 9/10
It's really sad this story won't continue. It's really amazing, well writen and the way the characters react and is very well made. I'd love to read the rest
meowlzy chapter 15 . 8/5
Absolutely one of the best fictions of all time and of all place. The characters are intricate, the emotions are real and subtle, and the plot are not hackneyed. Wish you could pick it up someday.
KiaraWangWilliams chapter 15 . 7/22
I hope you continue this, I really do. This is such a fantastic story, it's so fantastic, I pulled a full-nighter and a couple hours of reading it. It SO good!
AriMarshmellow chapter 15 . 7/13
ur story is honestly so good and i rlyrly want to continues reading it so plsssss update!
Sea Dream chapter 15 . 6/5
Old story, so probably no point in reviewing really but I tend to only review stories that have maintained my interest. I don't read fics much, to be honest, because most the time I just end up scanning through and getting bored.

Obviously this was written before Deathly Hallows came out so I won't comment on some of the inconsistencies regarding that. (Though it would be interesting to see you rewrite this some day with those facts integrated into the story)

I think my biggest problem with this is that you sometimes have a bad habit of telling more than showing. There's a lot of instances where we are TOLD what the characters are doing and feeling but we never really see it. You skip over a lot of potentially character building scenes by glossing them over with "And so Harry spent the next hour telling them this and this." I understand that sometimes those scenes just aren't necessary but you do it a LOT and in the end, it keeps us from truly understanding these characters and how they interact with each other.

Besides that, I do think this is a really well written time travel story. A lot of these types of stories don't delve into the potential emotional upheaval a situation like this could cause. I think you were wise to have James so reluctant and wary at the beginning. Too many times everyone is just immediately accepting and become a family. That's just not how people work. It would be a strange, awkward situation that would bring up a lot of negative emotions and memories just as much as it would positive ones. There's a lot of things that would need to be dealt with. So you did a good job in that regard.

Some of the deviations between Harry's timeline and this one are rather cleverly put in. I do like that Ron and Hermione don't like each other, as that's exactly how it would have been if it weren't for Harry bringing them together. Ginny being a Slytherin is a little out of left field, to be honest, but it's an interesting development nonetheless. I'd actually really love to read a story like this where James and Lily didn't end up having more children. I know, realistically, they probably would have but I think a lot of times authors throw in siblings and never really use them for any real purpose other than to have them there. Bran and Mare seem interesting but again they haven't been used much in the story and the purposes they have had in it could have been easily done by any other character, I think.

I think the only other thing I can think of that I didn't particularly like about the story is that you wrote in other character POVs a bit too much. Most stories stay with one omniscient POV. Harry would be that in the Harry Potter world. It's true that JK Rowling occasionally put in scenes where Harry was not there to witness them but they were pretty sparse and it was generally one or two other characters. Adding in so many POV switches actually takes away from the intrigue of the story as it's putting in TOO much information. These are things that we should be discovering as Harry does.

The plot is well thought out and intricate, but not overly complicated or contrived. The emotions of the characters seem mostly balanced. Sometimes Harry can come off as a little wooden. Like I said, there's a lot of instances where you tell us that he's feeling a certain way but it's never really expressed in his actions or emotions. Everyone else, though, seem quite well done. All in all, this is a superior time travel story. It's a shame it wasn't finished.
SuzanneN chapter 15 . 5/30
I just found this story and absolutely love it. I hope you will continue with it, even after almost 10 years. It is a rewrite so do you have the original story and was it finished? As I would really love to read more of it. I hope the family will come back together again. I also hope Harry will succeed in getting Ginny back to the light (right) side of the war.

Well, please continue if at all possible with this story!
Prince Pondincherry chapter 12 . 5/25
Harry better be careful giving Bran the Half-blood Prince's potions book, or Snape might recognize it.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 11 . 5/25
What rubbish is Harry spouting about the Avada Kedavra?
Prince Pondincherry chapter 3 . 5/25
Really? His Patronus traveled that far while he was asleep? That seems pretty ridiculous. Even ignoring the distance issue, the whole point of a Patronus is that you have to concentrate on your happy thought, which is why it's hard to cast while near Dementors. There's no way you could use one while passed out, even if it was cast already!
Ari Black-18 chapter 15 . 5/23
Don't leave it like that, please continue, I literally need to read more
Christmas of what year? any chance after 10 years of continuing? It's a damn good story
Panther chapter 15 . 4/29
Hi, could you please please please update it please? It's breaking my heart to not know the rest of the story :'(
Angry and Mental chapter 15 . 4/26
HOW DARE YOU?! HOW DARE YOU NOT UPDATE FOR 10 BLOODY YEARS?! AT LEAST LEAVE US WITH THE CHAPTER WHEN HE REVELS EVERYTHING! *rage quits everything and rage flips all tables in sight and injures everything* You better watch your back...*holds up wand and looks through a book of dark spells* Hmm...Let's see...Avada Kedavra is too fast...Curcio is not an option, not painful enough...Wait...Hmm...*gives a Voldemort-worthy-dark smile* Got it. *points wand at you*
It's been almost 8 years since day you last updated.
1,930 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »