Reviews for Family Night
UGHHGUGH This fic is just genius from start to end. From looking at the title and knowing the fact that this is a severitus fic, one can predict exactly where this story is going, but hell the way you wrote this is so full of life and despite the fact that I already know what’s going to happen, I can’t help but read, and I can never put it down. 33,012 words usually takes me several hours with breaks in between but I always read this in one burst! Okay that’s kind of a lie, I actually had to rush through an assignment I didn’t realize was due in 30 minutes in the middle of this chapter, but out of the need to escape the fierce disappointment of missing the deadline by one BLOODY minute I came right back to attention as if nothing happened. This is one of my favorite comfort fics. OOOH and speaking of cussing, throughout the four chapters before this, I noticed that you didn’t use a single cuss word. Now I’m not sure if that’s because you are a person who doesn’t naturally cuss, but then you had Snape swear in this chapter, and it is apparent that you appreciate the importance of silence—-what I mean is that you didn’t just stick in cuss words whenever you wanted to emphasize something; you kept your work bereft of cuss words until something really serious, and use it to highlight that seriousness, and that planning is just so wise! Thank you for the amazing story! I’ll be back again in a year lol
Timberva chapter 4 . 9/11
AGHIAHGIHA HE’S SO PROTECTIVE

Okay two things:

“Did you kill him?”

BEST LINE EVER. LITERALLY I HAVE READ THIS FIC MORE THAN THREE OR FOUR TIMES ALREADY AND THAT STILL MAKES ME CACKLE!

Second thing: “Oh for the love of Merlin,” Snape muttered, roughly pulling the teenager into an embrace.

FJDFHGAHIRGHNLFZ I CANNOT GET OVER THIS AGAIN HOW GRUDGINGLY HE CARES ABOUT THIS BOY

Okay so three things: “Do you believe I plan to shove him in a storage cupboard and leave him there unattended for a week or something?” The irony was certainly not lost on me there, and speaking of irony, I thought that your comparison to how Harry viewed being a charity case different from Ron yet that they were both in the same boat was very profound.
Timberva chapter 3 . 9/11
I love how grudgingly Severus is coming to care for Harry— he’s just so exasperated by how soft he is being it’s almost comical! A lot of Harry’s actions are really unreasonable, especially with how he’s been treating his friends and how bad even his lies have gotten. Yet the reasoning you’ve written is frighteningly sound and easy to follow, given his backstory. ALso, I love that little touch that Ron made Hermione the queen on his chessboard — I love the subtle clue about how he’s had feelings for her long before the year in this timeline!
Timberva chapter 2 . 9/11
AGH every chapter of this story is such a joy! I LOVE Harry-Draco friendship/solidarity! Finally, Snape is starting to see him as a child, not some reincarnation of his childhood bully, and maybe Harry is seeing that Snape is human and has a transition into them getting to know each other as people and not evil professor and arrogant Golden Boy.
Timberva chapter 1 . 9/11
I’m too lazy to log in but this is the fourth time that I’ve reread this probably, and while I stan Lupin and I think he is absolutely the most precious bean in this universe, your reasons for his insanity here are perfectly valid. Sirius was his one of his best friends and the only piece left of his friend group. Also, I am absolutely in love with this premise. Enemies to found family *chefs kiss.* I love the way you wrote the gradual realization that Harry is not his father.
Saissa chapter 4 . 9/1
OK, it seems I have previously reviewed chap 5 before - and I cant be bothered to go look for it - so here is my new review - 1 Sept 2022.

The whole story was good!

YEs Lupin may have been acting OOC - but then I dont think it was too hard for him. He has lost his entire pack - both Potters and Sirius - and he has always rejected the wolf. So yes I can see how he could blame Harry for Sirius's death. But then again, sirius CHOSE to go to the MOM, and he CHOSE to fight his cousin Bellatrix. He could have moved away from the veil but he chose to stay there.

I am kind of wondering if perhaps Sirius actually did a "suicide by cop" routine - except that his was the "Suicide by Death eater". After all he had been stuck in that house for 2 years and Dumbles was clearly doing nothing to get him a trial. That would make anyone depressed.

So if Lupin has anyone to blame for the death of his best friend Sirius - he probably should be laying all the blame onto the arrogant manipulative old goat - Dumbledore! Lupin was a Dumbles lackey through and through, which means he was totally unable to think for himself!
Saissa chapter 1 . 9/1
UM, I dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but in the muggle world the top mark is of course, an A - which is fine.

But in the Magical world the top mark is an O - so Harry really needs to getting O's rather than A's.
Because A's in the magical world is Acceptable - the equivalent to a C in the muggle world.
This chapter mentions Harry aiming to get all A's - is that the Muggle A or the Magical A?

That really should be clarified. If you change the A's to O's then we all know exactly what Harry means. As it stands now I dont know if Harry is aiming for Outstanding (A in the Muggle world) or just Acceptable (C in the Muggle world)

But otherwise, Chapter 1 was good!
AgosDelGrosso chapter 5 . 8/22
Even though the Lupin bit was a little disturbing, I love the plot and how you develop it. I would love to have a little something from the summer
The Wizarding Horcrux chapter 5 . 8/21
This was a really lovely fic. I always enjoy going back to the early days of fandom and reading fics from the peak of fanfiction. It is pure nostalgia to see how we used to fill in the blanks of HP before canon ended. This was really well-written despite being AU in 2022 and I enjoyed the Snape-Harry dynamic.

Thanks for writing! Favorited this fic...
ToraResa chapter 5 . 8/15
I loved this fic so much. I cried reading it and wanted to beat the daylights out of Remus but it was an amazing read and Harry's desperation for a parental figure to simply say they are proud of him really hit in the feels
ElsieD chapter 5 . 7/20
I loved this and the Dudley one shot, it’s such fun when writers take the characters and make them different but still believable. Going to read your longer work now!
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 5 . 7/19
I’m glad Remus is in therapy. Maybe he can share custody of Harry later on or be a closer member of the family. Also, for the grading. The O-T system isn’t just for OWLs and NEWTs. Years 1-7 use that grading system as well. Just wanted to inform you. Love that Snape is Harry’s new guardian. And he came to Family Night! Great story. :)
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 4 . 7/19
Snape hugged Harry! God, I just hate how OOC Remus is! It breaks my heart!
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 3 . 7/19
Poor Harry. He’s lashing out. He’s definitely going to apologize profusely to Ron and Hermione after.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 2 . 7/19
Damn. Harry and Draco getting drunk. Now that’s definitely interesting. Poor Harry. Remus is so OOC.
2,571 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »