Reviews for Family Night
Guest chapter 5 . 5/18/2019
I cried... A lot... Thanks for warning about Lupin being ooc btw. If I hadn't known I would've hated the story, but with that in mind when I started reading it made me love it instead. Great story
Schattenjagd chapter 5 . 5/8/2019
Reread this tonight instead of doing what I should've been doing (some writing of my own). I still love this story so much and just wanted to let you know how much I still appreciate this piece of art!
HoneyBear84 chapter 5 . 5/7/2019
Loved it
Guest chapter 5 . 5/1/2019
Best story ever!
cptbludz13 chapter 5 . 4/18/2019
Love the story. But hate the fact that it out Semis in a bad light. Remus, Severus, Sirius, James and Kingsley are my favorite characters other than Harry
nomdemprunt chapter 5 . 4/18/2019
I should be sleeping right now. I should. But I'm not. Instead I'm here reviewing this wonderful story. It's rather amazing to me how much you managed to cram into just five chapters and some thirty thousand words. This story really embodies the saying short but sweet (not that 30K words is anything to scoff at!) as it left me more fulfilled than some stories I've read that are five or even ten times as long.

I found it rather a bit disconcerting that you felt the need to explain Remus' behavior so vehemently and often in your author's notes. It's sad to think that members of this fandom could be so aggressive and closed minded not to recognize what you were doing and, frankly, how plausible your Remus' reaction to Sirius' death was. I felt like this story could very reasonably have followed into the end of OotP.

Everybody processes grief differently, it's not implausible for even a kind man such as Remus to have a very negative reaction to loss, especially when you consider his position on the outskirts of society, likely having very few meaningful relationships beyond his Hogwarts friends. Add in his residual guilt for having thought Sirius was guilty for so long and the roller coaster of emotions relating to getting Sirius back and the revelation of Peter's betrayal followed shortly (relatively speaking) by losing Sirius again and it's completely plausible that he would have had a breakdown and irrationally transferred the blame onto Harry.

Remus may have been rather harsh but given the revelations his words gave as to his underlying thought processes, I don't really see anything I'd consider to be out of character when taking everything into account.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us all. It was truly a pleasure and an honor to read.
Imperfect-BlackAngel chapter 5 . 4/6/2019
Awesome story. Please write more like this . Heart warming ending.
Strangerdivergentthings chapter 5 . 3/31/2019
This story was incredible! I love how Snape and Harry became closer and how Snape defended harry and how snape asked harry to live with him, and I just love EVERYTHING about it!
jltavare chapter 5 . 3/29/2019
You are a very good writer. Lupin is one of my favorite characters but you very believably made him very unlikable. A really nice story.
Phoenyx-Fyre-Writer chapter 5 . 3/27/2019
Wow, I have read, and read, and reread this story so many times, but each time it still brings impacts heavily. Harry's desperate reach for the parental approval he's never received, the escape from the Dursley's and just for an adult that genuinely cares about him to say they are proud of him. I absolutely love how you manage to portray this but don't make Harry come across as acting like he's 5 or 6 or something as it can be easy to do.

I normally don't like stories that paint Remus as the bad guy, but the way you write it and how you put it, it makes sense. If I have any criticism it's that you made Remus turn around too quickly haha, but I get it he had to see what he was doing somehow, I don't know I just really like the angsty stuff sometimes, need a happy ending obviously, but I'm not put off by a good emotional roller coaster.

Drunk Harry, despite the circumstances, was pretty funny and Malfoy's assistance in getting him to that state was amusing too, loved his 'try not to look too guilty' line.

Delusional on potions Harry was also brilliant, a five billion foot essay I think even Hermione would break down if she had to write that much.

One of my favourite things about this story is the way you have Snape's character slowly evolve, you don't have him turning into the most loving and caring person straight away. He slowly comes to care for Harry, just as Harry slowly comes to see an adult does care for him.

The play between Harry and Snape is absolutely fantastic, book Harry does come across as quite cheeky and quick witted (Philosophers Stone when he informs Dudley the toilet had never had anything as disgusting as his head in it and runs before Dudley figures out he was insulted) and I love that you brought it in with how he banters back and forth with Snape.

I do think there are some areas which could have been expanded on, but mainly that's just because I adore this story and would love it to be 50 chapters long instead of just 5.

I'm glad you made Harry fail Divination AND Severus be pleased with that, being more concerned if he had passed. I still imagine Harry's grades to be good, and I do love that you made him smart, so many fics put him as an average/below average student that I don't find that fair, he was smart enough to know he had to do worse than Dudley on all his primary school work or be 'punished' at home but that wouldn't have made him not smart.

I do have a question though, you wrote this before the release of the seventh book, though after the release of the sixth, with how different you had this version of the sixth year go, if you had to write a sequel and write their seventh year/horcrux hunt how would you do it? How would you have Harry defeat Voldemort? Especially with Snape giving up his role as a spy. That's something I'd be really really interested to read, along with the growing relationship between Harry and Severus.

Well I know this is now over 13 years since you finished this story, but I hope you still read reviews and still answer questions.

PFW
Annabelle chapter 5 . 3/3/2019
Snape you child. This was so sweet. I think if you were to make a squel then I would read it
dragonBug27 chapter 5 . 2/25/2019
I am GRINNING. you should see my face right now.
BlueMoon007 chapter 5 . 2/12/2019
Great story! Very real
BlueMoon007 chapter 1 . 2/12/2019
So is Remus Harry's guardian now?
Aiedailin chapter 5 . 1/28/2019
This story is one of my favourite. Sometimes I like to just read it once again. I think you did a great job writing it this way - with broken Remus and clear-headed Snape. I want you to know, that when I think about Snape mentors Harry - I think about Family Night. It's really good story.
2,545 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »