Reviews for Bent
TheWanderingMiko chapter 15 . 4/16/2010
Fantastic, I finished reading the prequel to this one and I do intend on reading the sequel because you have me hooked my dear. Far and few authors write fanfictions as well as you do and of this you should be proud. You stay true to the characters, you don't go for insta-love (something I particularly dislike) meaning that the characters fall truly, madly, deeply in love on sight and there really is no build up to it at all.

Your writing style has me fixated, it draws you in and you give such good description though you are quite to the point with a lot of it and this is good. Everyone loves a drawn out story, but draw it out too much and you have a mess that no one wants to read.

Zuko is my favorite character so I will start with him; you stick to his personality well and you justify his actions in a way that makes sense for him. You don't have him do things that are severely out of character for him and this is another thing you should be proud of.

Sokka and Aang, while not the main characters of either story, are well played out and the bulk of the story where they are the main focus is well written and they are both kept into character expertly.

Katara is another of my favorites (makes sense for the mild zutarian that I am I suppose) and I have to tell you that you have played her EXPERTLY, you did not make her naive or weak, you didn't make her the typical girl that people tend to where she swoons over Zuko instantly and is just SO in LOVE with him that she can't POSSIBLY live her life without him. You played her strongly and you laced the story together with gentle stitches that bring the story together easily but not predictably.

Other background characters such as Momo, Appa, Iroh and Zuko's soldiers are played well, they aren't boring to read and they make the story interesting. You know it's good when you can picture the characters actually doing or saying what you have written and for this I commend you deeply.

I am truly sorry for this long rant but I felt that as they are sequels and my review holds true for both stories, it would make sense for to review them both together. But as you have put up with me for this long and have to read a little over 30 characters of chatter from me, I will definitely be keeping my eye on you.

Aiakia chapter 15 . 4/15/2010
Okay, so I stumbled across your stories the other day, and can I just tell you how happy I am! Oh man, seriously. I'm pretty joyous right now.

The tone of this story is just perfect. There was never a point where I felt like you had just shoved the characters in an uncharacteristic situation for the show. I wouldn't be surprised to see this as an OAV for Avatar, or some such.

I also really appreciate that Zuko doesn't get the girl in the end. I'm tired of things that progress too quickly. Zutara needs to be earned, darn it, and you do an excellent job at it!

Also, I had been meaning to review earlier, but I couldn't stop reading! Now that the work day is ending, and I've finished this story, it seemed a good a time as any to post my thoughts.

Anyhoo, in a nutshell, your writing is awesome, and I'm looking forward to reading more!
appa-appa-away chapter 15 . 9/3/2009
Just Don't Drop the Soap was THE BOMB! I loved that chapter and I will never forget it.

BTW, 'nipple nipple nipple' is now a famous one-liner in my family. ILY SOKKA! lol.

Awesome fic. ZUTARA FOREVER!

liaz23 chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
nipples, Nipples, NIPPLES!

tht was HIL-ar-EE-ouS xDD

i loved it..

but i kinda got mad when Sokka lied

about what happened with the spiders.

i think it wlda helped more with the Zutatra theme.

cause even though this is Zutara,

she was unconcious the whole time Zuko was involved!

but i still enjoyed it.

dwelian chapter 13 . 6/23/2009
the story is awesome, but it's the author's notes that have me dying! Oh god if the (nipples!) weren't bad enough now you had Zuko say TEEHEE and go after Zhao's nippleless state? My husband has been looking at me like I'm insane every time I start giggling. (it must sound maniacal)
dwelian chapter 8 . 6/23/2009
I just about laughed myself silly- you've totally captured Sokka's thought process! I'm enjoying this story immensely, thank you for sharing it!
wolf's lament chapter 15 . 6/15/2009
A wonderfully entertaining sequel which deserves every review and more. The story of Karanna and Zuko was really great too.
selina chapter 13 . 3/12/2009
You would not kill Zuko because then I would have to find and hurt you for doing that. Plus this is not Rome and Juliet. Boy doesn't die, and then girl wakes up only to die too. Somebody is going to save the day, and it ain't going to be the master of death.

Great writing, even if the story is a bit puzzling/confusing.
selina chapter 12 . 3/12/2009
not unlike Katara. Would rubbing her make him feel better?

The most dirtiest and unpure thoughts went through my head with that sentence. If you meant to or not "rubbing" her shot out very un-PG hell not even R images.
selina chapter 9 . 3/10/2009
holy shit on toast batman. chick went crazy. Is this inside look going to parelle Aang/Katara/Zuko once Aang finds out about the...whatever is between the two. Will he go ape shit and try to kill Zuko and all that jazz. I really hope not.

The tale was so gruesome and bloody. How in did you come up with it all?
selina chapter 8 . 3/10/2009
Ha the word nipple makes me laugh too. Your fic is hilarious,. It is the only thing that keeps me from going plum bored at work so thank you for that. Also if I get fired a reserve the right to thank you sarcastically and blame you for said firedness :),
selina chapter 7 . 3/10/2009
Aww woman, why did Sokka have to come in just when things were getting really good. Expect kissing an unconcious girl...wouldn't be like necrophilla...yeah...weird. But still kinda hot. Ha Sokka is going to knock him senseless.
selina chapter 6 . 3/10/2009
Oh no you didn't! Katara and Zuko are dead. Are you mad woman! They better do some love story shit and somehow have their like, love, or whatever between them bring to life.
selina chapter 5 . 3/10/2009
I too hope it's not a huge mistake. It would funny if the benders work up to an 'Alice in Wonderland' kind of world where everything is all trippy, with trick questions and choices. I am very intrigued by this island and what the heck is happening.
selina chapter 4 . 3/10/2009
There always something more than meets the eye in the places they go in your fic isn't there? i am curios to know why Aang and Katara have gone beddy bye bye. I think it has something to do with the diamond Zuko took.
271 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »