Reviews for Cost
Frakking Toasters chapter 3 . 2/27/2014
You know I loved both endings. The death ending, though obviously tragic, felt very real and true. But the alternate is a bit of a fantasy where Dean understands and grows and changes and dares to dream of "more" before it's all to late. And wouldn't that be great! xo
searchingforfreedom chapter 3 . 3/19/2013
That was amazing.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 3 . 5/24/2011
Good story. Glad you gave us both endings.
T.L. Arens chapter 3 . 6/8/2010
That was raw with grief; a wound split open again and again. I can see this AU here ending with the brothers searching for an alternate way of life. There are endless possibilities. I appreciate the fact that you took the time to write about this one.
T.L. Arens chapter 2 . 6/8/2010
I am glad you wrote this ending. I've not read the last chapter yet, but I'm glad you wrote this one because it makes perfect sense. John, blindsided by grief, condemned his sons to the same self-destructive life. I think that were you to continue this piece (which I know you wont' and don't need to) that the next logical step was for Dean to follow. No destiny, no apocalypse, no failure on Sam's part or trips to hell by either of the boys; just two brothers who claimed their own lives in some rundown motel in a small town. They'd be in the news for a total of two days then forgotten.

It begs a revisit to a question posed by a nurse to Dean in "Sam, Interrupted" "How do you get up in the morning?"

So, are love and loyalty enough to keep someone going day after day as they watch their world, their lives and their relationship disintegrate?

The story I"m currently working on (not Supernatural) states that the characters in question bear their responsibility not because they want to, or that they relish the power, but because they CAN. Sam and Dean have unusual abilities, but it's not readily apparent. Obviously there's Sam's tainted blood. But it's more than that. Yet, ability or not, what keeps them going?

sorry for the babble. Thank you so much for this story that's given me so much to think about!
Anne McSommers chapter 3 . 6/10/2008
Liked the second ending WAY better
Poaetpainter chapter 3 . 5/26/2007
Must be my 4th time reading this story and I still can't decide which ending is better...
Majs chapter 3 . 4/12/2007
Wow. That is my first thought to this story. I felt that it was really well written, esp. chapter one. And I can see, why you would like to end it there in the first place. Of cause it would be sad, but it was still open enough for people to come up with a "happy ending" if that was what they would like (and by "they", I also mean me). I did feel chapter 2 was a bit out of place. I don't know what caused it. It just didn't feel right. Perhaps it is just because I really can't see this happen for "real". As real as it can be on a TV show (did I just say that?... Supernatural is so much more than "just" a TVshow). So anyway, I'm glad that there was a third chapter, since 2nd was not my cup of tea... or water or anything. And even though I can't see this ever happen, I like your story. And anyway... it's all fiction. But it's great fiction ;o)
sentarla chapter 3 . 4/9/2007
gawd. chapter 2 left me totaly depressed and then after two seconds of chapter 3 i stopped, blinked and then read your author note at the top. then read three and was nearlly in tears.

fantastic rollercoaster ride

thanks!
pwrhungryjr chapter 3 . 2/10/2007
very good; not nearly as depressing as the other ending! Bravo!
supernaturalgeek06 chapter 3 . 12/6/2006
*grabs a tissue* wow i had tears coming down my face. when i read the last couple of paragraphs. very good.

*whipes tears away w. tissue*
lelann37 chapter 3 . 10/5/2006
oh my gosh, so sad, beautiful but oh so sad. i really did like it...now i just have to convince my co-workers that crying while online is normal...
Tyranusfan chapter 3 . 6/11/2006
You're right...it is depressing. It's good though. )

Though I think I have to skip the second chapter and just read 1 and 3, it's easier that way.
talon81 chapter 3 . 5/19/2006
great story! I liked the way you gave both a death and life end.
Nicola Silvera chapter 3 . 4/3/2006
My NEW favourite. Very Angst but also very well planned out. I like the two possibility thing where you give two different endings in Chapter 2&3.