Reviews for Walking the Line
Tessa The Moo chapter 2 . 3/31/2009
im really liking the story so far. its hilarious and keeps you reading easily. plus theres very few out-of-character moments. still, here are just two critiques:

1. less adjectives (it doesnt flow as well when you use a bunch)

2. stop trying so hard to find synonyms and alternate names for things, it really also stops the flow

thank you! and i know youre into at least your fourth arc, so i dont know if youll even read this, but i just wanted to tell you. thank you for writing this, by the way, youre a really talented writer.
LJ58 chapter 19 . 3/21/2009
Just ran across this site after another one led me here, and really love this story arch. Just wanted to say so.
SuicideClub chapter 19 . 3/21/2009
This is a very romantic story. Though an AU, I found the characterizations believable and quite endearing.

RE: Kim Possible:

Kim's desire to not have to make a lot of decisions rang true. I've known people in a similar situation - people under so much pressure from both their own and others' expectations that they just want to get away. In a similar fashion, I've heard and read about people in very stressful, authoritative jobs who, in their private lives, wished to be very submissive - since then they didn't have to make decisions.

I see why Kim is so drawn to Shego. Even in the end, when Shego wanted Kim to do something with her life, Shego didn't put Kim under any particular pressure to do a particular thing, unlike Kim's family, friends and others she met.

Also, I liked how Kim looks at the world, with just the act of living filled with wonder.

RE: Shego:

Neat idea for her to be a tough cop. Her "voice" sounded right - in my head I could hear Nicole Sullivan reciting her lines. I like the gradual progression of the story as Shego slowly realizes just how much her pet means to her.

Thanks for such a great piece of writing.

BTW, I just want to add that I subscribed in order to comment on this story.
Insane Magician chapter 4 . 3/11/2009
loving it! we discover more about the mysterious redhead! i love the way Kim interacts with her friends, and Ron's new look...

i might actually try to get his look down on paper just to see what the final product would be.

i like the fact that Kim went out of the house with the cat ears and didn't even notice, lol

we gotta love how you are giving the characters life with their new roles.
Insane Magician chapter 3 . 3/11/2009
its getting even more interesting. Shego, mellowing down? wow, mayor!

interesting how you subtly make Kim's presence an actual change for Shego.

its smooth, but it just keeps questions coming. i'll just have to keep reading to get my answers.

once again, nice job Star,
Insane Magician chapter 2 . 3/11/2009
i love how you are placing everything together. its really neat and it piqued my curiosity.

onward to the next one!
Insane Magician chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
i love it, hilarious.

i'm a little confused though: when the redhead was in the box, did the three goons left her food? that part is a little confusing, you merge the scene outside when Shego found the redhead eating, then they are in Shego's house.

just something that I still found confusing...

great job Star, gonna read on
Ryoshu chapter 19 . 2/19/2009
this was just loads of fun to read. it made me laugh repeatedly. thank you so much and I thought the ending was a nice and actually realistic wrap up to the first act as you call it. nice job on Kim's masks and hidden facets. those were really well written and portrayed. drakken's two minutes was hilarious. thanks again and I am off to read the next act. yeah!
poo anonymous chapter 19 . 12/24/2008
My brain has died from 7.5 hours of reading. I'll get back to you on the review.
The Insanity556 chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
This story is awsome! One of the things I enjoyed was the fact that this story had good spelling and good gramer. this may sound wierd but I hate bad spelling. I have to ask where did you get the inspiration for this story.
TempestDash chapter 19 . 10/10/2008
Wow, this is truly superb, you are a very talented craftsman. Nearly three years of being talked up about how great of a writer you are was apparently well deserved.

Despite how quickly you write, this fic showed a lot of evolution of style in it, which I respect. At the start I was charmed by an interesting premise and some punchy prose. But, your love of short sentences started to seem staccato after a while and felt awkward to me. Some fumbling prose and a couple typos didn't help things.

But somewhere around part 3 or 4 you began to hit a stride and most of any complaints I had were washed away by some astute humor and great characterization. For existing entirely in AU, you did a great job painting the world around characters we knew only descriptions of at first. Dropping hints every which way about hidden strife or dilemma was skillful and payed off in gradually more rewarding increments.

By the end I was completely immersed and I am both delighted and felt teased by the lack of a resolution to the principal relationship. The feeling of being teased is because this ending is almost entirely arbitrary because nothing feels resolved at this point and we haven't settled onto a new social standard yet to indicate that what comes next is truly a new tale.

But the feeling of joy is twofold. First, of course, is because there obviously is more to read about these two, which keeps me from feeling left without a place to go. The second is completely contradictory to sense of being teased, but the fact that you didn't quickly toss a resolution at the end of the tale without further elaboration shows great restraint. These characters are clearly nowhere near a point where their problems can be resolved and it's a good thing you didn't put a last second 'escape into the sunset' ending that would have trivialized the great effort Shego made in the end to set things right in Kim's life.

Anyway, I'm done talking for now because there is more to read and I'm sure you'll be sick of my lengthy deconstructions by the time I make it all the way up to your most recent work.

Last time: Great story. I'm really jealous.
Doggmania chapter 19 . 8/5/2008
Truly, truly an incredible story.

Funny and touching.

I was intially thrown for a loop by how you had kim acting at first. As the story went along, it made more and more sense.

Like you said, "Not every romance has a happy ending", but this isn't the end.

Can't wait to read the rest.

Great job.
Xona230 chapter 19 . 7/20/2008
Hello, first of all. I love Walk the Line and the three sequels that you made. I couldn't sleep or wait to get out of work in order to read your stories. This is the my first time reading in Fanfiction and was fortunate enough to find your artistic creativity on one of my favorite shows. I congratulate you and hope to read more literature like this. It inspires me to one day complete my unfinish stories and hope that you are the one to read them. Once again thank you for the eye candy and emotional description.

One last thing. As a reader and fan to your work (walk the line and the sequels), I would like to preserve your story for future wonderful times. I am wandering and hoping that you can find a way to make your stories downloadable and printable. Thank you and If not I will read your stories online. X)
X.xSixfeetunderx.X chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Love it
Crytyk chapter 19 . 6/2/2008
I enjoyed your story immensely...and I've only seen like one Kim Possible episode.

The only word I can find to describe this is..."cute".
375 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »