Reviews for The Nan Elmoth Apprentice
Fortune Zyne chapter 3 . 3/17/2012
It would be cool if you tried to write a story of Eol and Aredhel's meeting and marriage, and perhaps the birth of Maeglin.
Lindale chapter 3 . 4/24/2008
That was very well written.

I especially liked the part at the end where he saw Lomion dissapearing. You also weaved into your story how he becomes obsessed with his cousin, which was very effective. How you set it up could be seen in two ways, as he wishes to know his mothers' family and an obession with knowing.

Unlike many other fanfiction writers you have not portayed as Evil!Eol by beating his wife. You certainly captured the way Aredhel was captured but was not unwilling.

Very haunting ending.

Lindale
Lady M chapter 3 . 7/9/2007
Grreat story! I like how Maeglin keeps asking Aredhel about Idril- poor kid, he has no idea that he'll fall in love with her someday.
Elfique chapter 2 . 12/31/2005
forgot to mention in the first chapter - i think youve captured the dynamics of eol and aredhel really well the "not wholly unwilling" concept comes across very well. very good chapter. ill continue reading the rest of this fic as soon as i can!
Elfique chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
wow this is really good, im not sure why ive never seen it and read it before now! the writing flows really nicely. and i love the images eg eol cooking brekkers, lil maeglin all floury aww and the naming was such a great touch at the end!
geek-chick chapter 3 . 12/17/2005
Aw, I am sad to see this story end! I was really enjoying it! I think you did a great job with characters, as the other reviewers have already mentioned, and I also liked the ending. You did a great job of portraying the tension in the house without making them just fight and yell all the time!
Unsung Heroine chapter 3 . 12/16/2005
"He never saw Lómion again."

Whoa. I liked how you ended this story. Very haunting. And sad, too.

*searches for something clever to say but finds nothing*

Wonderful story! Thanks for sharing. :-)
fanged geranium chapter 3 . 12/16/2005
Fantastic! Your use of the mirror to show the difference between Lomion and Maeglin works very well, and I like the way you have Eol and Aredhel using Maeglin to settle their arguments while denying that's what they're doing.
Jen Littlebottom chapter 3 . 12/15/2005
I adore this story! Eol and Aredhel at war, and Maeglin in the middle, Eol by turns cruel and kind (in his own way).
geek-chick chapter 2 . 12/9/2005
I agree with the other reviewers, a very interesting, realistic story! Looking forward to the next chapter!
Unsung Heroine chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
This story is nothing short of great. It shows us the protagonists as nicely fleshed out characters and depicts the relationship of Aredhel and Eol very much like I've always imagined it to be like. After all, she was 'not wholly unwilling'. :-)
Crysania Lomiel Moredhel chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
This is very interesting, I'll be eagerly waiting for the next chapter :)
SongMaster chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
I liekd bits of the sotry. i laughed out loud when you said that Aredhel did not do that sort of cooking. My dad always makes the fanciest breakfasts, and makes the thanksgiving turkey, christmas ham. He cooks way more than my mom.

On a another note, there's not reason why Eol would 'make' Aredhel cook anything. He had servants, and personally, there's not a lot you can make a Noldor do when they don't want to. Also, as a princess, she prob wouldn't know how.
fanged geranium chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
I was hoping you'd write another Silmarillion based story! The family dynamic you've set up is very interesting, and it's nice to see Maeglin as a reasonably well-adjusted child.
Heartsib chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
Wow...I hope you get a ton of praise and encouragement for this story, because you really deserve it. Eol is one of my favorite characters and I love how you've presented a realistic homelife for Maeglin. I like how you're showing an undercurrent of tension in the marriage instead of the 24/7 hate-and-angst-fest I see a lot of fanfic indulge in. Really good effort!