Reviews for Been Like That
Elly chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Being a recovering anorexic myself, I am usually annoyed at non-anorectic's attempts to write about eating disorders. However, your story is a cut above, especially because you focused on the mental aspect, not the "OMG-I'm-so-fat" stereotype. Well done.
phlogiston chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
That was a very good story, well written, interesting and I think you captured the theme of the story very well.
MochaCocaFan chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
beautiful, though I would not at all recommend writing about any sort of mental problem unless you have experienced it yourself, especially eating disorders.
threadbare chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Lovely.

But FYI, anorexia is not just being thin. Anorexia is self-starvation. After all, it has to start somewhere, and anorexics generally don't start with paper-thin bodies.

Forgive me. I am in lecture mode.
Ormandria chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
The emotions involved in both anorexia and bulimia are very complicated, but you did a wonderful job putting it into words for someone who has never actually suffered from it.

As someone who managed to hide it from everyone and then forced her own recovery without a support system of anykind, I applaud you for trying to help and understand a disease that does more damage then anyone truly realizes.

I wish your friend a full and complete recovery. It is a long road that you never fully complete, but it is most definitely worth it.
Katy chapter 1 . 3/29/2006
One of the most believable Harry Potter eating disored stories on this site - good work
HermioneBallerina chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
Not bad at all. It was an interesting situation to put Pansy and Hermione in.

This really is just trivial, but I am fairly certain that anorexia nervosa requires a BMI of less than 16.0.
Ms. Jessie chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
You've got the anorexic thing good, and the exoierences, I, had anorexia wen i was only 11, and you did a good job discribing it, hats off to you!