Reviews for Merry Christmas Betas!
Kalisona chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
xD ! *laughs* The truth can hurt. Oh, that's so perfect. I love it.
HRT chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
I was just re-reading this the other day, and thinking what a fine parody it was. You've probably scared me off beta-reading for life, but this was fun!
rosybell chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
Okay, I've got a knife and I'm not 'fraid to use it! Never mind, I might as well leave a nice don't need to see me threatening my "friends" in a review... Yeah, but I kind of know how a beta fells...I've just signed up to be one...and the volcanic ash is already falling, soon the volcano will explode! Goddness, but that was great, poor beta, she has to fix such a hideous work...reminds me of the one I'm betaing (no, it's not that bad...but, of course it reminds me...sigh...)

Later, why did I sign up for this job?

Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
I'll never ask anyone to beta for me again... *grin* that was hysterical. thanks for the laugh! and while we are on the DO you find a beta?

Please Delete This Account165 chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
Oh my God... I just found this on someone's favourites list, and... oh wow... Thank you so much for this. I have not laughed this hard in... I have no idea how long. You have no idea how perfect this is-I work as an editor, and I cannot count how many times I have been sitting at my desk, cursing in about seven languages at a piece of work. :) So in tune with RL-nice work, and I am sure betas everywhere thank you. :)

~ DS
Vanagristiel chapter 1 . 4/10/2006
hahahahahahahahahahaha oh my goodness! You are fast becoming one of my favorite writers! :D This was so funny! I'm still laughing as I write this! :D Great... great... awesome job here! Loved it so much! But now I wander... was this written out of personal experience? hehehehehehe :D Great work! :D
Estelle Tiniwiel chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
Very good. I feel sorry for the beta. I don't have one and now i'm thinking i won't get one: i'd feel guilty forcing them through hell like that, even if my writing was to improve greatly as a result.
Youkiyra Solar chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
Crazy! You crack me up. This was good. I like much.
Padfoot Reincarnated chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
Brilliant. I have never felt such sympathy for the suffering of all ye tireless betas. Long live the beta!
Tinorial Peredhil chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
LOL! That poor, poor beta! Thank Valar I never see that kind of stuff! And by the way, I hate Aragron too. He's not NEARLY as cool as Aragorn. Makes you itch for a drink, doesn't it?
Nimeneth chapter 1 . 12/8/2005
As a part-time beta: this was hilarious. Oh, that piece is pure heck... *giggles* Great job. It's absolutely brilliant. *big round of applause*

S. Eerandgel chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
Merry Christmas Betas! laugh! The drabble? vinegerette? short story? is very very good.

I do have a few things to tell you and commend you on. First off, never be embarrassed of something you have written. Why? If persay, your mother finds out you are embarrassed about something you write, they she could use it as black mail! Or if a good friend finds out, like one of your few friends that have stuck with you through all of your fanfic raves, she/he will use it as black mail to shut you up. And that is never good. If a writer is not writing, then she is talking! note to self: never shut up a writer

And another, thank you for rating your story very well! I have seen "worse" things rated as G. Thank you! *kisses* from mothers and babes. The x's were great! :P

the whatevers. ~fix it~ That is so awesome! I do that to myself, I've never sent a beta confusing work, okay, I try not to send a beta confusing work. I try to do as much as I can and hope the beta chatches the ones I don't.

The Beta in your story sounds like a Mary Sue "The beautiful, intelligent, kind beta, the one with eyes like sparkling diamonds"... is that allowed? jk. But I did not know Mary Sue's could beta work, it is shown that they get punchy when drinking.

"After they escaped they ran and ran some more to get away from the men but Legolas was running way faster cause he's an elf and they can do that."

That is beautiful! Love the thought process!

"Hello?...Betas Anonymous? Yes, I'll hold…" /While I'm waiting, I might as well think up a chapter title for her as a parting gift…How about "Really Really Offal"/

I wish for a BA!1

This is not a flam, but a constuctive review.
BalletRat chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
As a sometimes-beta, I would just like to say: Thank you. SO MUCH.
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
"/ She was frightened by punctuation as a child/" - Too funny!

A wonderful parody and a tribute to long-suffering betas everywhere. I'm lucky in that I've never had to beta anything like this though - hopefully my own betas feel the same way.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
This was just hilarious, I loved you for a good laugh !
52 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »