Reviews for Merry Christmas Betas!
Celebwen-76 chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
Oh. My. GOSH! ROTFL! Aboslutely HILARIOUS! I *really* needed this right now. Thank you so much! Gosh, *sometimes* I feel just like this beta...lol! WONDERFUL job! -Cel
XoGiggles chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
lmao!

that was really funny...

stupid pervs

lmao..

where'd you come up with this stuff?

XD
Allie5 chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
hahahahahahahaha...

Very, very funny.
Ocne chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
Snorts. Pentangle, this... was... hilarious... *my stomach hurts from laughing* I saw fanfics like this. A lot of them, actually.

/Ya know, I'm sorely tempted to leave that in because who am I to squelch a libido so intense it can maintain lascivious eye contact while an arrow is forcibly removed/

ROTFL!
Moaner Ninepins chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
ROTFLMBO! That was hilarious! *snerk* Poor betas. We should get them a nice monument or something. And maybe give the monument its own guards, too. And name them the Alchoholdrinkers.
Merenwen 'Aldalas' Silverleaf chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
*hands over mouth, snorting most ungraciously*

!

*claps while laughing*

Yes! Excellently done! Definately a full moon, or maybe it's just the change of months, eh? winter is here and the demented plot bunnies are lurking, seeking out beings they would have never normally bitten before. Very well written, and absolutely hilarious!

i'm glad i could find your profile page, i've added you to my favorites! again, great job!

Aldalas
SmileyHalo chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
Hope the Beta didn't have too big a hangover! I've nerver used a beta but now i can see they must have the patience of a saint... or a vast supply of alcohol. My friend has the exact same problem with spelling Aragorn right, but I think we may have finally fixed that one... I hope!

Love the humour, but I adore your angst even more, so hope we get the next chapter of Choosing soon!

Well done though, you put a smile on my face with this one

V :)
Legolass Q chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
Oh this was hilariously precious! :-D Remind me never to beta for anyone, or to put anyone through the torture of beta-ing for me, lol!
Thorongirl chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
Oh, this is *inspired*! I found myself laughing out loud (okay, snickering - it's 1:30 a.m. and I'd wake everyone up if I laughed out loud). Simply amazing. Anyway, I've done a few stories as a beta now (and I have to thank you, actually, because I have another one I'm working on that I'd accidentally and totally unintentionally put off a little longer than I should have and your story reminded me of it) and of course, none of them were even remotely as bad as your story within the story, but I have read stories that were that bad). Thank you for this story. It was great. Wish I had something as inspired to say as what you wrote, though. Your poor little beta better not have any more drinks, er, elze she'll, now wot wuz it? Oh thaz write, she'll lewz her focus and never git thes story back to hur awther.
Barbara Kennedy chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
LOL, as a beta. i can sympathize, though the wonderful author i work with has never been like that. I loved the humorous aspect.

Great job.

Can we kill Aragron?
Marchwriter chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
You know it takes a special talent to write something like this.

And I totally agree, hail patient, kind, hard-working, diamond-eyed betas everwhere! I should send this to mine.

You used the lascivious! Excellent! I did love that line.

What an amusing tribute!

~The Lady of Light~
obsidianj chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
ROFLOL! This is hilarious. I have tears in my eyes from laughing. Poor beta. Although I have to say I managed to stay away from badfic like this while betaing. But this is so true. I can see glimpses from my own betaing.

Thanks for making my day.
TrinityTheSheDevil chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
LMAO! Interesting, that certainly puts a spin on things ...

Now if you'll excuse me, I really need to go thank my beta and send her a drink ... a strong drink ... LOL.

-Trin
Nefhiriel chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
(heh, this is actually Imbecamiel, I'm just temporarily stealing my sister's identity, since I don't have an account... Not to worry, she doesn't mind ;-)

ROTFL! OH, this is absolutely wonderful! I laughed so hard over this! It got me a few... inquiring looks, but it was definitely worth it. *g*

*snickers* I really cracked up at "She was frightened of punctuation as a child." LOL! Rather reminds me of a couple of my family members... Ergh, and it REALLY bothers me when people who are attempting to write fanfiction can't even take the time to correctly spell the names of the characters they claim to like... Ahem. *whispers to self "I will not rant, I will not rant, I..."*

Oh dear, I wish I could go on to mention every part I loved, but I'm afraid I'd wind up quoting your entire story back to you. Absolutely lovely!

I've been betaing fanfiction for a number of years, editing several friends' original stories for a while, and recently begun a carrer as a freelance editor. Although I've (thankfully!) never edited for anyone quite so bad as this, there have certainly been plenty of times when I could REALLY sympathize... This last week, for example. First, I find out one of the people I beta for would like be to go over something for a contest. Great! I love her work, and, even though it's rather longer than usual, I'm delighted to do it. Then, as soon as I get her story, I also get a chapter from *another* girl I recently offered to beta for. Ok... As it turns out, she's a very good author, so this is still quite doable. THEN a woman from church (who, I suspect, hasn't written anything more than letters since college) wanted to write an article about the church womens' retreat, but didn't get anything written until about a week before the deadline - and then just a very rough draft. So, since she was very insecure about her writing, I offered to look over it. By the time I was finished, there were more marks than there were original words. Then my sister needed to get a chapter of her story ready to post, and I discovered it needed some rather... significant additions. And then, of course, my little brother wanted to post in an RPG, and I had to explain to him that when I said that he should include something about how his character, as a bodyguard, was used to being near people without really listening in on their conversations, I DIDN'T mean that he should walk up to them and say "Don't mind me, I'm a bodyguard, so I'm used to not listening to conversations." Hehe...

After a week like that I definitely needed something like this :-) Thank you so much for the good laugh! Wonderful, wonderful story.

Imbecamiel
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
Ooh- you have NO idea how close this is to reality... ow... ow... my head HURTS... Lol!
52 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »