Reviews for Death's Precipice
It's was interesting to see this deep, thought-provoking story about death with the main character being "hysterical, ridiculous, weirder-than-Hell Rock Lee."

And I loved it.
Endgames chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
Daaaaammmn. I really like this. I don't think words can do my thoughts on it justice. It was different, it was creative, it was emotion-provoking... it was good.
AJ Katon chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
This makes me wish Lee wasn't just an Ensemble Darkhorse in Naruto or the that his own manga was more series than just a gag manga.

Serious!Lee and Gai have so much potential for good stories. Especially when you remember that Lee and Gai have practically killed themselves for their ways of life and attempts to become strong. What would it be like to look at life through those eyes.

And to the team that they work alongside. How do they deal with the fact that while they all have a good chance to die on any mission, one of their own could go at anytime much faster? When they can see the truth that the Green Beasts hid from attempting such a thing?
Amanthya chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
"Lee does not waste things. He does not waste time, food, drink or friends. He treasures it all, and his chakra is no different."

Yes. That feels very true. Lee would understand the importance of the words "precious people". He would take nothing for granted.

"Here, without others, they are serious. Lethally so, to the point where Lee has the odd notion that if anyone were to listen in on the conversation, they would not actually believe he and Gai are the ones talking."

I think the other characters often fail to understand how deep these two are. Gai and Lee have to be deep in order to be as silly as they are and still be alive (still be such great ninja). There are so few who see underneath the underneath, for all that they are supposed to be ninjas, geniuses, and so perceptive.

But this makes me want to hug him so bad. Like just about every other character, Lee gets the short stick in a major way. If I could change everything in canon, I would (though I guess that's what fanfics are for, eh?). But such is life...
Razorsmile chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
This is one of those rarest of beasts: quality Rock Lee fic. The only thing that would make it better would be if it were fifty chapters long. You've taken the Eight Gates and made them *mean* more, you've taken Lee himself and made him mean more. Short, deep and well-done.
angelrock444 chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Hthy
Cataglottisme chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
Lovely insight.
H.Caulfield chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
This is so wonderfully beautiful and eerie.

I love your portrayal of Rock Lee here.

Gorgeous.
Doctor Yami chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Stare long enough into the abyss, and the abyss begins to stare back.
o0-Constance-0o chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
That was beautiful!

I've always wanted to see Lee and Gai in this way, with some sort of flaw that isn't incredibly trivial!

Beautiful descriptions, and a wonderful thought. It's really touched me.
S1R chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
I'm not completely sure i understand this. Both Gai and Lee have the power to use the eighth gate and not die unless they lose control?
SlimReaper chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
I came here after reading Catch 22 by the Sh33p and loved this little fic a LOT. It was really moving. Every bit of it was well done, from the characterizations to your descriptive language. Really, really nice!
Yami Vizzini chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Well, this one was a little harder for me to get (possibly because I'm not such a big Lee fan), but it was well-written enough. It makes some sense as far as Lee's character goes, not that it really shows in canon, but somehow it fits with what we do see, helping explain why he's so driven.
Seerss chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
Wow... this is an amazing story. Good job.
dreamlifter chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Absolutely amazing! a totally different perspective and lots of great details. funny and serious too. Great great great job with gai and lee