Reviews for Quid Pro Quo
T_T so sad
MollybyGolly chapter 4 . 9/26/2006
ergh, no!
carocali chapter 4 . 4/18/2006
What a very interesting fic! I like the mythology, although I'd have to brush up on it. We've always known the boys would die for each other, but I don't like Mary that much to bring her back. :D

Really fascinating character, and creepy as hell. I can't wait to read the sequel!

:D

Caroline
FunnyDays chapter 4 . 3/21/2006
OMG!who went?WHO?it's too bad in any case..ç_ç

i really appreciated the reference to the ancient greek-roman beliefs, it makes the situation more..hum..solemn and tragic..

great work!

(for emmyangel:it's orpheus' myth that you're talking about..a soul for a soul..wow, this fic rocks!)
Ghostwriter chapter 4 . 12/19/2005
Oh, wow. Awesome. Off to read the sequel. Catch ya on the flip side.
EmmyAngel chapter 4 . 12/14/2005
One question. One problem.

Question:

“You’ve returned a large number of ghosts, essentially sending the souls back to the underworld. This assists me a great deal, you see, because their souls are supposed to come to my world, and if they’re not with me, then there is a problem. You boys are helping me with that, and I want to help you by giving you something that I know means very much to you.”

Has John gotten this offer? Seems like he'd be the better one to offer it to, being that he actually *started* the business. 'Course the trade-off wouldn't work, then.

Problem:

"What I can do—and here’s the clincher—is accept one of you and allow your mom to return to this world, free.”

There's a Greek/Roman myth that - somewhat - denies this. (Remind me to dig it out for the details.) A great musician's wife died. He went down into the Underworld and sang a song so heartwrenching ("Wind Beneath My Wings," mayhap? ;) ) that Hades cried. Or maybe it was Persephone? Either way, he said that the musician can have his wife back if he follows these simple rules: Hold on to this ribbon, and don't look back until you're Above again. The musician took the ribbon and started walking . . . and walking . . . and walking. (Actually, he may've called to his wife before he started. I have a distinct visualization of the man calling her name and a hand coming up and squeesing his shoulder . . .) Finally he saw the light leading Above, and decided that was close enough. He looked back . . .

And watched Hades come and take his wife a second time. All because he couldn't wait 'til he got home.

'Course this says nothing about the Osiris half. But then, Osiris is the god of all Egyptian gods who got murdered by his brother and resusitated by his sister/wife. (You'd think these cultures would've been a little disturbed with all the incest going on.)

I still can't read the arguement. The idjits still irritate me. :)

(Speaking of 'irritated,' have I irritated you, yet?)
EmmyAngel chapter 3 . 12/14/2005
"You cannot kill a deity."

*A* deity, or a Second to *THE* Deity?

It's said that God's second-in-command - before he donned the horns and tail - had been created with a little bit of everything that makes God God. And he got it in his head that he would be a better boss than *THE* Boss, and so began the whole Rebellion/Fall Insanity. This dude's vanity would certainly qualify him for the position.

Will the real Lucifer please stand up?

If my thinking's anywhere *near* correct, our boys are in really *BIG* trouble even if Mary's Mary.
EmmyAngel chapter 2 . 12/14/2005
On second thought, I *DON'T* like Hades . . . If that's his real name. I don't like monsters torturing my boys. (GR!)

And something I forgot to mention ealier: Was the "Dammit" comment inspired from a Bill Cosby skit?

"But, Dad, I'm Jesus Chist!" :) I have to stop and laugh at it every time I read it.

Are you *sure* someone didn't have a camcorder for the song? ;)
Adara-chan67 chapter 4 . 12/13/2005
No. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! I WANT A RETRACTION! OR AN ALTERNATE ENDING! SOMETHING! I DON'T CARE ABOUT MARY! *sigh* But I guess I can't have everything, and it WAS a really good ending...I'm just being selfish. So I will just send the review I woulda sent in if I was completely impartial:

Really, really, REALLY good fic! I've always hated Osiris or Hades or whatever the heck he's going by these days, but it was still a good story. I hope you have a new one soon!
HealerAriel chapter 4 . 12/13/2005
...Damn it! I thought this was going to have a happy ending. You made me cry instead!

Although it was well-executed the way we don't know who made the final sacrifice, because either would have done it. We're left to think of it for ourselves... That was a nice element.

...STOP MAKING ME CRY! *weeps into Sam and Dean plushies*
Aira Silver chapter 4 . 12/13/2005
Who went? Sam or Dean? I'm thinking Dean because he wants Sam to be loved and protected but I don't know. I loved this story but hated the ending. I wanted them to have another way to get back their mom, not one of them leaving the other. Other than that I loved it. Great job.
ChaiGrl chapter 4 . 12/12/2005
WOW! What an ending! I love how you left it to your reader on who chose to go. Like a choose your own. My mind directly went to Sam. Just because of all the reasons you stated and on the fact that he lost Jess. Brillan writing! I hope to see another story up from you soon. Oh and who did you see choose to go in your mind? Just curious. LOL! Until a next post, Happy Writing!
CaitlinMF chapter 4 . 12/12/2005
*blinks*

Tell me that the "End" listed there is a typo? Please? Like, who died and who stayed and did their mom really come back and...and...what happens next! Ohh, I really, really hope you're writing a sequel to this. I have to know more! It's so good!
Stefanie Dale chapter 4 . 12/12/2005
You...! You're gonna end this just like "The Lady and the Tiger"? How... Aurgh! *splutters impotently*

I'm a horrible slacker, and usually don't review because of that, but after I read that tiny little word down at the bottom of the page I had to comment: OMGWTF? Ah... heh...

VERY well-written. The whole idea is a very good one - what would you give up for the one thing you desired most in the world? And, as heartbreakingly sad as it is, I really can see both of the brothers willing to sacrifice himself to bring back their mother.

I am left with a feeling of "Yeah, but..." and not because I wonder which brother left with The Man (could give compelling arguments for either). There just seemed something... off about The Man, and not necessarily because of the whole God of the Underworld schtick. It almost seemed too simple of a trade (I know it wasn't, but, well, you understand). It felt like there was some sort of hidden agenda to me.

I am very sad to see it's over! I'm always sad to see good stories end, because then I'm forced to frantically hunt down another good one that makes coming to this website worthwhile. ;-)I suppose I could just start looking for your name, hint hint. :-)
ashlyns chapter 4 . 12/12/2005
OMG! No, you can't leave us there! NO! U have to make a sequal or something, with the one who got left behind, getting the brother back! Please, no...im so upset. don't leave it there! please...