Reviews for The Guardian in Spite of Herself
Unca Bob chapter 2 . 12/24/2017
'Commas'
That's actually pretty funny, in an unintentional sick burn kinda way. They're Tomoe.
wiki/Tomoe
small-as-pebble chapter 16 . 12/12/2017
So I see you updated roughly eleven months ago! I hope that means you're nearly ready to post another chapter, because I'd really like to see what would happen if Naruto happened to meet Yukiko's target (or his daughter). I'm imagining feels, but it would probably have to be an omaki, due to the limp and obviously bitter backstory. Also, Naga really made me laugh with the tree-branch trick, and I really love the way Yukiko handles Naruto - a trap for the mind, indeed. Please keep up this wonderful story, even though you have enough of a life besides.
LoganAlexander chapter 12 . 11/19/2017
good luck with the story. I really liked the first one. Im out.
LoganAlexander chapter 7 . 11/19/2017
the whole other story line is really meh. Not interesting in any way or useful to end game plot as far as I can see. I guess you can chalk it up to au naruto world but that just makes it a lesser world. so. idk.
Greatazuredragon chapter 2 . 9/26/2017
Nice start for the sequel, good work.
The King in White chapter 16 . 7/28/2017
This is quite good.
Guest chapter 5 . 7/16/2017
...oh my god yukiko you're fuckigg HOPELESS

i ship them already. this is so cute omfg
BooksandBrownies chapter 16 . 7/15/2017
You're making me way too attached to your OCs, I love all of them and it's ridiculous. Also, I'm waiting for someone to not take Yukiko seriously when she threatens them after they're mean to Naruto and punches them and/or traps them in a terrifying genjutsu, just fyi. Wonder how Naruto's friends are going to react when they find out he went on a crazy stupid adventure with Sasuke and didn't even tell them... Thanks for posting this, and I hope you have a great day!
bluefrost15 chapter 16 . 7/11/2017
it's starting to be really interesting, ya'know... I hope for a sooner update, because it is genuinely gaining my attention!
bluefrost15 chapter 3 . 7/10/2017
oh so they already know about Akatsuki this early whew, this should be interesting
Kneoria chapter 4 . 5/30/2017
are they really goind to do the thing? why am I asking. of course they are. Because they are kids and oh dear god sauske that is such the wrong conclusion why
Winter's Folly - Summer's Vice chapter 11 . 4/27/2017
The characterization of Ginji, the little details that make sense after you learn about the background such as the Amane heritage. How you describe the plight they suffer and how it compares with what you know, what you think you know as well as what they think they know. These seem nice; nothing like one of those runarounds. Maybe more detail? Cause it is the detail that clinches that stuff; be sure to show and not tell, as the saying goes. Like how Ginji used a silence genjutsu and Yukiko used a noise distortion genjutsu, good details.
The trip to the Barber seems like it will be amusing. Will they burn the shirts with the Uchiha crest to be thorough? Fluff is nice; specially when you sneak in important details(make sure it isn't all important or gonna be referenced. Red herrings are great; they keep you guessing, [also don't be obvious, that's obnoxious]) no one realizes is important as all until there is a vague reference and you go searching through the old chapters to put your finger on what made your spidey sense tingle. Could you maybe have chapter names and/or mini arcs to make it easier to go a-digging?
Winter's Folly - Summer's Vice chapter 9 . 4/27/2017
I like the way your Sasuke thinks. Actually makes sense, ya know? Good going with your Naruto characterization. Also, the way you have your Sasuke scorn everything about Naruto that reminds him of before, like the thing you did with Naruto appearing like somebody's little brother who needs to be protected. That was a real nice touch. Things like that are important I think.
monkey kix ass chapter 16 . 4/13/2017
i really like the way that you've developed all of the characters, including your oc's. really believable ripple effects. enjoyed reading what you've written so far. hope you get around to updating again soon.
CorruptEnlightenment chapter 16 . 4/5/2017
I read both stories back to back. Fascinating stuff, you have a real knack for making OC relatable. Yukiko is a hardass.

I'd love to continue reading this if life and creativity permit. Thank you for sharing.