Reviews for The Guardian in Spite of Herself
The Real Chys Lattes chapter 16 . 7/7
Your chapter summaries are always quite amusing. I like this fic.
Silvanon of the Orchard chapter 16 . 7/5
I've really enjoyed reading this so far, and I'm very curious to see where you're going with it. Thanks!
GoTherka chapter 3 . 6/8
Holy shit that last sentence about Akatsuki got me, I just sat and gaped :D plot twist! I really like this story, it's interesting and Yukiko is likeable enough (and that's a huge compliment, I usually have some serious problems with female characters, most of them are either annoyingly whiney or too badass with dark past, which is just cliche). I'm very curious how this is going to play.
InsaneIsBestSane chapter 16 . 5/9
Amazing chapter, happy that you have started focusing on it again!
I ship Yukiko and Seichi so bad. Even though it might be a corrosive relationship since his coping mechanisms seems to be too extreme
zeonista13 chapter 16 . 3/1
Your fight scenes are getting better. It was just a scuffle over turf, which makes one think some about the wars between the villages. That was an excellent Volcano ninjutsu for Anei, and it seemed very intimidating. Naga was clever in figuring out how to counter Anei without someone getting seriously harmed first. (Burns suck hard on the pain scale, they take longer to heal, and the chance for infection is mighty without prompt treatment.)

Itachi has been nicely concealing his tracks, and spreading trouble in his wake. You did well in considering how Itachi made it out of Fire Country in the wake of the biggest individual mass slaying by a ninja without being caught. I am still hoping Naga-tachi will find at least 1 more Uchiha, but the odds are not looking good... OTOH even one blonde amputee Uchiha could still make all the difference for Sasuke.
animecutylover chapter 2 . 3/1
Omg! Yass! This is getting exciting! XD
animecutylover chapter 1 . 3/1
Omg! Now Sasuke's living in Yukiko's apartment building? Wow.

Omg! Seriously? Does Itachi have to go after every Uchiha?
hentai18ancilla chapter 15 . 2/27
I like Seichi now!
sarista wow chapter 16 . 2/20
Cool to see this updating again, awesome stuff over all, I loved the ending with the Volcano Nin, that was a great twist and the flash reflection and discussion on Ame was wonderfully done.
kenni no. 1 chapter 16 . 2/5
I'm finally caught up on this story. I like it, its a comfy read. I like how you're pacing both missions. It's like watching two episodes of the same storyline.
TheWickedTruth89 chapter 1 . 1/26
Interesting start
awaylaughing chapter 16 . 1/18
I was so excited to see a new chapter, I immediately rushed through a re-read to refresh my memory, though comparatively it hadn't been quite so long a wait as some people.

I'm very much enjoying the progress of people we see here, the shifting dynamic between Yukiko and Seichi, Kakashi's personality vs. everyone's tolerance and how much Naga has grown since her debut! I was smiling very fondly through her fight, especially her taking being a Leaf-nin to heart.

I was sad to confirm yet another Uchiha down, and their partner and ninken down too. I didn't doubt we'd likely lose everyone except maybe Tsukihime, but your butterfly effect is full motion now so I'm also not placing any bets.

The little heart-to-heart about Ame was a nice touch to counterbalance the bad news and epic glass-whip fights on the other side of the board but I do have a question, actually. Are the Fuumas in this story related to shiruken-making Fuumas of canon as an offshoot branch? It's possible you've mentioned it in one of the stories Ame and Kasumi star in and I just forgot, but I was wondering during my reread.
TrisakAminawn chapter 16 . 1/17
The glass whips are epic, and Naga's fight excellent and so very her. Everyone is very themselves, and creepy Seichi's character is developing so nicely. (Eiji and Seichi having the same vowel-pattern in their names is apparently screwing with my head, I repeatedly typed one when I meant the other in this review and had to go back and fix it.)

I am so, so worried about Eiji & company and the assassination mission. And the fact that the reasoning for killing Amane-tachi is basically the same as that for the Uchiha Massacre. In this case the conspirators are *nice*, but the assassins don't love them, so they don't require implicit additional blackmail/bribery involving the survival of beloved child.

Except Naruto's right there. Nearly as precious to Yukiko as Sasuke to Itachi, and she hardly has his practice at killing her heart, and Seichi is hardly going to entertain anything that is not mission success...yeah, I'm scared. There is no way for this to turn out well.
zmanjz chapter 16 . 1/17
Had to go back and re read this story. I had forgotten how much I love your OCs. It's interesting to see how the existence of certain individuals can effect causality.

I'm curious, by Iruka becoming a proficient chunin and a teacher early, and not becoming a partner with mizuki, in addition to not saving mizuki's ass in the field, it's possible that the class or two preceeding the rookie 9 could be a better prepared class of ninjas.

By yukiko increasing business related Intel, Gato may not be able to assume as much power.

By graduating Naga to chunin with the skills she needed to learn, an adult Uchiha survives, even if she can't do ninja missions due to the leg, (and let me just say that Kosuke Maruboshi can teach lessons as to just how dangerous an "eternal genin" can be while missing a leg.) She would probably be qualified to investigate and oversee the policing of civilians, allowing the MPs to remain effective (even if they have to be supplimented with non-uchiha) and allow ANBU to focus on intel/counter intel. Making betrayals like mizuki, and kabuto less possible, or allowing bad info to be fed to individuals like orochimaru.

All because one person survived in an alternate timeline.

And it can make all the difference. Love this story.