Reviews for The Guardian in Spite of Herself
AngelForm chapter 14 . 1/30/2011
Better late than never :)
Nostalgic Beauty chapter 14 . 1/30/2011
As always, thanks for a little faster update!

Even though this was more of a transition chapter, I love the way you depict Sasuke's state of mind. It's exactly the way I would imagine it'd be in the cannon.

Plus, I noticed how Kisame is the Akatsuki representative. Once again, I've got a feeling that all three of these storylines are going to converge at one point.
Akatsuki210 chapter 14 . 1/30/2011
I'm so glad you updated this again! This was a very good chapter-I really liked the description of Sasuke as "a little thundercloud," and the encounter between Naga and the shopkeeper was very well-written.

I don't know if you established this in an earlier chapter and I've just forgotten, but are you going with the canon motivation for the Uchiha massacre in this story?

-Akatsuki210
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 14 . 1/29/2011
Naruto and Sasuke are so ~cute~!
jomanflea chapter 14 . 1/29/2011
Yay for another chapter! It's interesting to see your interpretation of what civilian-shinobi interactions would be like.

Have to admit that I have no idea where this is going to go before resolution, but I'm looking forward to the ride :)
Mabra46268 chapter 14 . 1/28/2011
Nice to see this updated.

If you think of about it, Naga’s inability to interact with civilians is not too surprising. She grew up surrounded by ninja and the civilians in Konoha are at least used to ninja. It is kind of a pity Kakashi was not there, since for all his faults he can talk to civilians and might be able to correct that deficiency in Naga’s education. Actually, knowing Kakashi, he would foist that responsibility onto Yukiko. I am more surprised Naga was so antagonistic with Suisen. Also, is it that Naga has not thought about all the implications of her relationship with Kafunnokaze or that she refuses to think of the implications. I liked how the shopkeeper though of Itachi as a little lost boy. Ironically, that is pretty much what he is.

Sasuke is interesting. There is little chance of him going the same route as canon since social interaction is being forced on him.

It’s kind of sad seeing Eiji, Ginji, and Tetsuko, they have good intentions but their plan seems destined to fail. I just hope Mitsuko is not caught in the crossfire. I do wonder what the akatsuki will gain from this plan.

Looking forward to more.
Kell Shock chapter 14 . 1/28/2011
Huh... so if Kisame is about to show up in two days, does that mean that Itachi plans to meet up with him there? And the part about heading west was just misdirection... except I think Itachi is a bit farther than two days away, except this was 5 or 6 days ago, so maybe he has enough time. If I recall the map of the world, that means that Itachi will have to cross back through the Land of Fire to get to where Kisame will show up. Hmmm...
breakmaven chapter 14 . 1/28/2011
Your treatment of the conversation with the village civilian is excellent. I really like how you handled the perceived level of power based on questions, which is something i don't see all that often. On the subject of the update rate, I feel obliged to point out that we are simply observers and are not paying you in any coin but our own enjoyment. Work at whatever pace suits you.
Little Kunai chapter 14 . 1/28/2011
the first thought that popped in my head when i saw this is my mailbox was omgs! you updated! X3 excellent chapter, i'm feeling the pressure and tension, since there was a rush, (not a rush in a bad way, but like major events were gonna start coming on real soon) i loved how sasuke dumped leaves in seichi's pants, i'm still curious to know if there is something going on between seichi and yukiko or if he's just keeping in spy persona. i'm really crossing my fingers that if nothing else eiji and his little family will escape as unscathed as possible, because i really really like them. gah! i said way too much! sorry. waiting patiently as always :D
katsekala chapter 14 . 1/28/2011
I'm so happy you updated! I'm happy to see that Sasuke is warming up a little to Yukiko. Awesome! Many kisses!
Silver Warrior chapter 14 . 1/28/2011
indeed, I have run into stories that go months and months at a time between updates, regularly.

This was nice.
Azamiko chapter 14 . 1/28/2011
I liked that scene with Naga at the end. And that Sasuke chose to pick on the other guy instead of Naruto.
Weasel Fu chapter 14 . 1/28/2011
It was nice to see someone talking to Sasuke about his emotional/psychological problems instead of just leaving him alone to brood over things. That gives us hope that maybe Sasuke can get some help in dealing with his problems and maybe not become the douche he was in cannon.
Code Aster chapter 14 . 1/28/2011
YAY! I was so thrilled to see this update! Thank you!

This was a great chapter, and I can't wait to see what happens next. My thanks to your live journal readers for encouraging you to continue this story.
Dragon Man 180 chapter 14 . 1/28/2011
Uh oh... getting Naruto involved in a prank scheme is not a good idea. And I can't believe Itachi was able to pull off the 'poor lost child' disguise, you'd think with his power level everyone would be a bit uneasy around him.
626 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »