Reviews for The Guardian in Spite of Herself
banjo2E chapter 13 . 10/27/2010
I just flew in from TVTropes, and boy is my chakra low.

Just finished reading the two parts of the Yukiko series and I have to say you did a great job with it so far. Can't really think of anything I didn't like; it all flowed very well. Keep up the good work, and don't let this become a dead fic again. ;)
AngelForm chapter 13 . 10/12/2010
Much like its predecessor a most excellent story.

A far more realistic, and therefore believable, look at the ninja world. Both the details of missions and the consequences of the life-style.

Sasuke is nicely done, genuine development is a bit of a rarity for him and even fewer stories look at his life soon after the massacre.

Always did wonder why Itachi was able to kill an entire military force in one shot. Its almost as bad as nearly wiping out a race of space pirates by destroying one planet.

Good luck with writing the next chapter :)
Tally Ho chapter 13 . 10/6/2010
I pray that you update soon. I'm addicted; I need my fix. D: 3
Broken Sexed Up Bloody Kitten chapter 13 . 10/6/2010
Oh my. I loved this, so update soon if you can! I cannot wait for more!
Hikari no Minerva chapter 13 . 10/4/2010
Can't WAIT for the next chapter! GREAT job on the story, you make it very believable and that's what makes it a story that can hook you from the first word until the very last period!

GOD BLESS!

Hikari
Comosicus chapter 13 . 9/8/2010
I managed to finish the sequel as well. Overall it has about the same feeling as the previous story. But this one is a bit darker, more convoluted and sometimes even confusing. I skipped over most of the initial parts that describe the point of view of Eiji (their target). I presume you have a good reason to insist so much on developing that character and those around him. I just did not find that reason yet. Yet I am not that surprised in the change of style. Judging by the publishing date, this story stretched across about five years.

Overall the impression I got so far is that somehow you aim a situation where Akatsuki meets Naruto and possibly even recognize him as the Nine-Tails container. Add Sasuke to the mix and the potential is even more explosive. Especially if Toby/Madara is around. I'll just have to wait and see though.

Overall it has been a job well done so far. Keep up the good work.
mistralle chapter 13 . 9/6/2010
Oh, I liked your universe very much! And I'm sooooo glad you haven't abandoned it! I'll be waiting for future chapters patiently, believe it!
Jen chapter 13 . 8/11/2010
I'm really enjoying this story-I just read it straight through. Your original characters are amazing and feel very real. I hope you will post more!
HaiJu chapter 13 . 7/30/2010
No worries, the gap gave me an excuse to go back and read it again. ;)

I have commented on your stories before, right? If not, I'd like to say that I love your writing. The Naruto characters are in character without being rote, the OCs are vivid and believable, and your rationalization out of the whole ninja world works wonderfully well.

The only thing I don't like about this story so far is that you're setting up Eiji for disaster. I don't want him to be assassinated! And that's a good thing. I look forward to more of this story.

Hj
Larry Huss chapter 13 . 7/11/2010
I await, with eagerness, for each installment of your story. Will you deny a poor old man (I can barely afford a 12 KB pigeon post line to download) his last remaining comfort?

Anyway, I like your characters, and your slant on the entire Naruto/Sasuke thing is original in avoiding an easy raised from infants or super powered mentor situation.

In all seriousness, please keep on writing with these characters, you handle them well.

yrs. L. Huss
katsekala chapter 13 . 7/4/2010
I love it! Many many kisses!
WarriorDrgnMage chapter 13 . 6/29/2010
I love this series!

More interesting characters and really it's ridiculous how you can make me care about all of them...

I like the you're humanizing the 'bad guys'. Despite how it sound to non-writers I know that's not an easy thing. Naruto is going to break Sasuke down jut like he did in the manga/anime and your doing good with making that slow and real seeming.

I cant really say I dislike anything but that Yukiko, by your own admission isn't going to get a love interest which is cool but I like me some fluffies and I think that you've created her to be just the sort of person to be like 'hay stupid wake up' to Seichi or Kakashi.

L
00-night-eyes-00 chapter 13 . 6/25/2010
love the story, hope to read more soon.
Code Aster chapter 13 . 6/10/2010
So I just recently re-discovered this story and was absolutely thrilled to find an update. I can't say how thrilled I am to see it being continued.
what are you even saying chapter 13 . 6/2/2010
This is a really excellent series you're working on...I'm very much impressed. You're a writer who goes to the trouble of fleshing out every character in your story, which I think is a very good method.

Looking forward to more.