Reviews for The Guardian in Spite of Herself
Astiar chapter 3 . 12/9/2014
*raise eyebrow* thats a name I didn't expect to see so soon.

Anyway I had this mental image of the Chunin exams and the sand siblings renting a room in her hotel. In my thoughts she threw a fit about being a ninja not a therapist for mentally unstable children. Lol _
Laweren chapter 2 . 11/8/2014
Awh! I liked it! The fact that there will be someone for Sasuke to relate to... makes me happy.
:) Keep it up!
sandy-ramen-thief chapter 15 . 8/24/2014
I hate how when a story starts getting really good, and suspenseful to boot, it people don't update! :( It was so good! Now I'm disappointed...
Yorozuya chapter 15 . 8/2/2014
QQ

Abandoned fics... it's so good too.

Really love your OCs and how their interactions with the main characters are changing things. Still pretty early but I can definitely see changes happenly, and realistically too.
Kairenayui chapter 4 . 7/29/2014
Seems like a great story. However too many new characters being introduce so I lost interest.
Seere Klein chapter 5 . 6/27/2014
Good lord seichi's a fine fine DID I SAY FINE.. and a cunning man too. Ahhhhhh
Laniessa chapter 15 . 6/25/2014
Wow, I just binge-read this and the previous entry in it, and gosh am I attached to everyone. I love everything about it! Yukiko is such a nice character.

(I know you said no romance, but ahahaha i might kind of like seeing Kakashi and Yukiko together /laughs nervously)

So, um, apparently 2014 is the year you're going to start updating again, which is perfect since it's 2014 now, haha. I do hope that the story moves on pretty soon - it's been Yukiko and co. moving to Tengen, Kakashi and co tracking Itachi for quite a while now, and I do want to see something else happen. Either way, though, I loved it and I'm off to read the side stories!
eekz chapter 15 . 3/24/2014
First and foremost, you have an unique gift for writing original characters in fanfiction. Whereas OCs can easily come across as flat or superfluous to the story, yours are fully-inhabited and compelling. More impressive still is that they *feel* like canon characters. Also, I was strangely disappointed when Ginji didn't appear for an entire chapter. It was weird.

Second, I adore your writing style. It is descriptive, intelligent, and elegant without being too gaudy or technical. The pacing of both this fic and "The Way of the Apartment Manager" is perfect, and both stories contain exactly the right amount of intrigue to hold the reader's attention.

But, now that the gushing is out of the way, I do have a bone to pick with you. I loved Yukiko; she's funny, she's flawed, she behaves like a person, she's smart - and then she threatened to cry rape on Seichi. Perhaps it's because I've seen too many legitimate sexual assault allegations fail because "women lie," or perhaps it's because I've seen so many women refuse to file charges because they fear no one will believe them, but that one line actually ruined her character for me. An entire story and fifteen chapters, and suddenly I no longer care about her emotional journey.

There's a part of me that would like to implore you to change that line because enough young women read Naruto fanfiction that one may see it and think it is okay to make such threats, and because I desperately want to like Yukiko again - and there's a part of me that understands artistic license and respects your creativity. Yes, I really ought to climb down off my soap box now.

On a lighter note, I'm very curious to see how you handle the assassination arc, particularly now that Eiji and his family are such sympathetic characters. There's a hundred different directions that this story could go, but it seems that every divergent plot will eventually converge; it's actually very exciting to see such a well thought-out novel in any of my fandoms.

Thank you for writing this! (I would beg you to update, but that's extremely hypocritical.)
sparrowhawk13 chapter 15 . 3/4/2014
please continue
hotbibl chapter 15 . 3/4/2014
You have this nice rhythm of going in between the three scenes that is clear and has clean breaks. Your writing skills are quite nice.
sparrowhawk13 chapter 2 . 3/4/2014
Really love your story
chaosrin chapter 15 . 2/28/2014
Its 2014 :)
Really hope you update this year.
awaylaughing chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
I really wish I had more to say - this is a very well planned out bit of AU. The ripples are as one would expect, start small then get bigger, some things being effected by surprising little details. Yukiko is very enjoyable, as are her interactions with others both OC and canon, and the plot here in TGISoH is wonderful. Eiji's little group is well characterized and easy to empathize with and things are progressing at a good pace, story wise (not too rushed, not too slow). I don't know when you plan to start updating again exactly, and I don't plan to pester you about it, just know I've very much enjoyed both of these stories so far.
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 4 . 1/22/2014
yeahor itsa cover consideirng the fact that they are all S RANK SHINOBI they arnt going to ADVERTISE it to people, so down grading it to something as simple as jounin.. yeah.
but gods everything turning into a mess, especially with itachi and the upper village elechons.
GalanthaDreams chapter 5 . 1/18/2014
Seichii is a very interesting character. I'm really looking forward to more of his and Yukiko's interactions.
603 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »