Reviews for The Guardian in Spite of Herself
animecutylover chapter 1 . 3/1/2016
Omg! Now Sasuke's living in Yukiko's apartment building? Wow.

Omg! Seriously? Does Itachi have to go after every Uchiha?
hentai18ancilla chapter 15 . 2/27/2016
I like Seichi now!
sarista wow chapter 16 . 2/20/2016
Cool to see this updating again, awesome stuff over all, I loved the ending with the Volcano Nin, that was a great twist and the flash reflection and discussion on Ame was wonderfully done.
kenni no. 1 chapter 16 . 2/5/2016
I'm finally caught up on this story. I like it, its a comfy read. I like how you're pacing both missions. It's like watching two episodes of the same storyline.
TheWickedTruth89 chapter 1 . 1/26/2016
Interesting start
awaylaughing chapter 16 . 1/18/2016
I was so excited to see a new chapter, I immediately rushed through a re-read to refresh my memory, though comparatively it hadn't been quite so long a wait as some people.

I'm very much enjoying the progress of people we see here, the shifting dynamic between Yukiko and Seichi, Kakashi's personality vs. everyone's tolerance and how much Naga has grown since her debut! I was smiling very fondly through her fight, especially her taking being a Leaf-nin to heart.

I was sad to confirm yet another Uchiha down, and their partner and ninken down too. I didn't doubt we'd likely lose everyone except maybe Tsukihime, but your butterfly effect is full motion now so I'm also not placing any bets.

The little heart-to-heart about Ame was a nice touch to counterbalance the bad news and epic glass-whip fights on the other side of the board but I do have a question, actually. Are the Fuumas in this story related to shiruken-making Fuumas of canon as an offshoot branch? It's possible you've mentioned it in one of the stories Ame and Kasumi star in and I just forgot, but I was wondering during my reread.
TrisakAminawn chapter 16 . 1/17/2016
The glass whips are epic, and Naga's fight excellent and so very her. Everyone is very themselves, and creepy Seichi's character is developing so nicely. (Eiji and Seichi having the same vowel-pattern in their names is apparently screwing with my head, I repeatedly typed one when I meant the other in this review and had to go back and fix it.)

I am so, so worried about Eiji & company and the assassination mission. And the fact that the reasoning for killing Amane-tachi is basically the same as that for the Uchiha Massacre. In this case the conspirators are *nice*, but the assassins don't love them, so they don't require implicit additional blackmail/bribery involving the survival of beloved child.

Except Naruto's right there. Nearly as precious to Yukiko as Sasuke to Itachi, and she hardly has his practice at killing her heart, and Seichi is hardly going to entertain anything that is not mission success...yeah, I'm scared. There is no way for this to turn out well.
zmanjz chapter 16 . 1/17/2016
Had to go back and re read this story. I had forgotten how much I love your OCs. It's interesting to see how the existence of certain individuals can effect causality.

I'm curious, by Iruka becoming a proficient chunin and a teacher early, and not becoming a partner with mizuki, in addition to not saving mizuki's ass in the field, it's possible that the class or two preceeding the rookie 9 could be a better prepared class of ninjas.

By yukiko increasing business related Intel, Gato may not be able to assume as much power.

By graduating Naga to chunin with the skills she needed to learn, an adult Uchiha survives, even if she can't do ninja missions due to the leg, (and let me just say that Kosuke Maruboshi can teach lessons as to just how dangerous an "eternal genin" can be while missing a leg.) She would probably be qualified to investigate and oversee the policing of civilians, allowing the MPs to remain effective (even if they have to be supplimented with non-uchiha) and allow ANBU to focus on intel/counter intel. Making betrayals like mizuki, and kabuto less possible, or allowing bad info to be fed to individuals like orochimaru.

All because one person survived in an alternate timeline.

And it can make all the difference. Love this story.
tsohg-a-ma-i chapter 16 . 1/7/2016
I was at Disney world a few months ago and I saw a guy making a glass slipper out of pure crystal. I don't know the melting point or how hot it's supposed to get, but I can imagine you wouldn't want that getting on your skin either. But it was, admittedly, VERY cool :) I like how the characters you create are always so creative and well thought out. Great job with this chapter, and I'm ecstatic to hear you're writing for this story again!
Aracertariel chapter 16 . 1/6/2016
The glass whips were definitely cool.

At this point I'm kind of wondering about timing. Itachi is (probably) someplace in between Kanoha and joining Akatsuki. Kisame's going to be meeting with Eiji in two-ish days. In series, Kisame and Itachi are basically joined at the hip. So it kind of looks like this is working toward Sasuke actually ending up in the same place as Itachi despite that being no one but Sasuke's plan.

I'm glad to see more of this, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Musicfight23 chapter 16 . 1/4/2016
So excited that you picked this up again:) I went back and re-read the first story and this one up until the last chapter. Love it. Cool information about the glass blowing. I've seen it done on screen and it always looks like magic to me. First glassblower I read about was Dale Chihuly. Cool stuff.
Little Kunai chapter 16 . 1/3/2016
Your volcano nin are awesome!
jazzy2may chapter 16 . 1/3/2016
awesome news! so happy.
Kairan1979 chapter 16 . 1/3/2016
Glad to see the story was updated.
It's a shame the prisoners managed to escape.
essex2 chapter 16 . 1/3/2016
Great to see you updating again. Nice chapter and I look forward to seeing how things develop from here.
644 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »