Reviews for The Guardian in Spite of Herself
Crack-jouchan chapter 6 . 3/12
I can't decide whether he's doing this for the mission, actually interested Yukiko, or simply likes to see her squirm xD he sure is hard to pin down
Crack-jouchan chapter 5 . 3/12
Yum, hot assassin dude. Their interaction will be interesting.
kimchi759 chapter 12 . 3/2
Mrgh. I really enjoyed reading the previous story, but the sequel is...irksome. First of all, the fact Naruto and Sasuke successfully exited the village as Academy students? Very, very unlikely. Genma not recognizing Naruto or Sasuke (but particularly the former considering his past role in Minato's elite guard)? Just as, possibly even more, unlikely. The lack of any real dressing down for exiting the village without permission and endangering an assigned mission and thereby the covers and lives of the undercover shinobi? Not okay. The lack of respect Sasuke gives Yukiko, much less anyone else? So beyond not okay. If he's going to be a soldier, as that's technically his future, he needs to acknowledge the chain of command, and beyond Yukiko being an authority figure, he's risking the success of a Konoha mission handed down by the Hokage. If they weren't a jinchuuriki and (one of) the last Uchiha, as well as being children, the consequences would be severe punishments, and they need to know this life isn't a joke. Urgh. So. Frustrating.
winddemon199 chapter 14 . 1/25
I cracked up at what Sasuke did
Astiar chapter 3 . 12/9/2014
*raise eyebrow* thats a name I didn't expect to see so soon.

Anyway I had this mental image of the Chunin exams and the sand siblings renting a room in her hotel. In my thoughts she threw a fit about being a ninja not a therapist for mentally unstable children. Lol _
Laweren chapter 2 . 11/8/2014
Awh! I liked it! The fact that there will be someone for Sasuke to relate to... makes me happy.
:) Keep it up!
sandy-ramen-thief chapter 15 . 8/24/2014
I hate how when a story starts getting really good, and suspenseful to boot, it people don't update! :( It was so good! Now I'm disappointed...
Yorozuya chapter 15 . 8/2/2014
QQ

Abandoned fics... it's so good too.

Really love your OCs and how their interactions with the main characters are changing things. Still pretty early but I can definitely see changes happenly, and realistically too.
Kairenayui chapter 4 . 7/29/2014
Seems like a great story. However too many new characters being introduce so I lost interest.
Seere Klein chapter 5 . 6/27/2014
Good lord seichi's a fine fine DID I SAY FINE.. and a cunning man too. Ahhhhhh
Laniessa chapter 15 . 6/25/2014
Wow, I just binge-read this and the previous entry in it, and gosh am I attached to everyone. I love everything about it! Yukiko is such a nice character.

(I know you said no romance, but ahahaha i might kind of like seeing Kakashi and Yukiko together /laughs nervously)

So, um, apparently 2014 is the year you're going to start updating again, which is perfect since it's 2014 now, haha. I do hope that the story moves on pretty soon - it's been Yukiko and co. moving to Tengen, Kakashi and co tracking Itachi for quite a while now, and I do want to see something else happen. Either way, though, I loved it and I'm off to read the side stories!
eekz chapter 15 . 3/24/2014
First and foremost, you have an unique gift for writing original characters in fanfiction. Whereas OCs can easily come across as flat or superfluous to the story, yours are fully-inhabited and compelling. More impressive still is that they *feel* like canon characters. Also, I was strangely disappointed when Ginji didn't appear for an entire chapter. It was weird.

Second, I adore your writing style. It is descriptive, intelligent, and elegant without being too gaudy or technical. The pacing of both this fic and "The Way of the Apartment Manager" is perfect, and both stories contain exactly the right amount of intrigue to hold the reader's attention.

But, now that the gushing is out of the way, I do have a bone to pick with you. I loved Yukiko; she's funny, she's flawed, she behaves like a person, she's smart - and then she threatened to cry rape on Seichi. Perhaps it's because I've seen too many legitimate sexual assault allegations fail because "women lie," or perhaps it's because I've seen so many women refuse to file charges because they fear no one will believe them, but that one line actually ruined her character for me. An entire story and fifteen chapters, and suddenly I no longer care about her emotional journey.

There's a part of me that would like to implore you to change that line because enough young women read Naruto fanfiction that one may see it and think it is okay to make such threats, and because I desperately want to like Yukiko again - and there's a part of me that understands artistic license and respects your creativity. Yes, I really ought to climb down off my soap box now.

On a lighter note, I'm very curious to see how you handle the assassination arc, particularly now that Eiji and his family are such sympathetic characters. There's a hundred different directions that this story could go, but it seems that every divergent plot will eventually converge; it's actually very exciting to see such a well thought-out novel in any of my fandoms.

Thank you for writing this! (I would beg you to update, but that's extremely hypocritical.)
sparrowhawk13 chapter 15 . 3/4/2014
please continue
hotbibl chapter 15 . 3/4/2014
You have this nice rhythm of going in between the three scenes that is clear and has clean breaks. Your writing skills are quite nice.
sparrowhawk13 chapter 2 . 3/4/2014