Reviews for The Guardian in Spite of Herself
zmanjz chapter 16 . 1/17
Had to go back and re read this story. I had forgotten how much I love your OCs. It's interesting to see how the existence of certain individuals can effect causality.

I'm curious, by Iruka becoming a proficient chunin and a teacher early, and not becoming a partner with mizuki, in addition to not saving mizuki's ass in the field, it's possible that the class or two preceeding the rookie 9 could be a better prepared class of ninjas.

By yukiko increasing business related Intel, Gato may not be able to assume as much power.

By graduating Naga to chunin with the skills she needed to learn, an adult Uchiha survives, even if she can't do ninja missions due to the leg, (and let me just say that Kosuke Maruboshi can teach lessons as to just how dangerous an "eternal genin" can be while missing a leg.) She would probably be qualified to investigate and oversee the policing of civilians, allowing the MPs to remain effective (even if they have to be supplimented with non-uchiha) and allow ANBU to focus on intel/counter intel. Making betrayals like mizuki, and kabuto less possible, or allowing bad info to be fed to individuals like orochimaru.

All because one person survived in an alternate timeline.

And it can make all the difference. Love this story.
tsohg-a-ma-i chapter 16 . 1/7
I was at Disney world a few months ago and I saw a guy making a glass slipper out of pure crystal. I don't know the melting point or how hot it's supposed to get, but I can imagine you wouldn't want that getting on your skin either. But it was, admittedly, VERY cool :) I like how the characters you create are always so creative and well thought out. Great job with this chapter, and I'm ecstatic to hear you're writing for this story again!
Aracertariel chapter 16 . 1/6
The glass whips were definitely cool.

At this point I'm kind of wondering about timing. Itachi is (probably) someplace in between Kanoha and joining Akatsuki. Kisame's going to be meeting with Eiji in two-ish days. In series, Kisame and Itachi are basically joined at the hip. So it kind of looks like this is working toward Sasuke actually ending up in the same place as Itachi despite that being no one but Sasuke's plan.

I'm glad to see more of this, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Musicfight23 chapter 16 . 1/4
So excited that you picked this up again:) I went back and re-read the first story and this one up until the last chapter. Love it. Cool information about the glass blowing. I've seen it done on screen and it always looks like magic to me. First glassblower I read about was Dale Chihuly. Cool stuff.
Little Kunai chapter 16 . 1/3
Your volcano nin are awesome!
jazzy2may chapter 16 . 1/3
awesome news! so happy.
Kairan1979 chapter 16 . 1/3
Glad to see the story was updated.
It's a shame the prisoners managed to escape.
essex2 chapter 16 . 1/3
Great to see you updating again. Nice chapter and I look forward to seeing how things develop from here.
Little Kunai chapter 16 . 1/3
Your volcano nin are awesome! I loved the fight!
toolazytologin chapter 16 . 1/3
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who shrieked out loud when they saw this update. I'm so glad! Thank you so much :D off to reread now!
WarriorDrgnMage chapter 16 . 1/3
I'm glad your back! I think my favorite part of the chapter was the "interrogation" scene. Thoguh Yukiko and Seichi conversation runs a close second.
lizyeh2000 chapter 16 . 1/3
Thanks for updating! Awesome battle!
Gerbilfriend chapter 16 . 1/3
Thank you for updating and just go at your own pace ;)
Aracertariel chapter 15 . 10/16/2015
This story hasn't been updated in about three years. You should really consider fixing that. Other than that, I really love this story. The dynamics between the characters is engaging, and I'm particularly enjoying Naruto and Sasuke's interactions. I'm also kind of impressed by how well you're doing keeping three separate storylines going.
Runadaemon chapter 15 . 10/10/2015
Interesting. It looks like you haven't updated in years, but it's still an interesting story. I like Naga, and your other OC, but sometimes it takes me a few minutes to place a character, and maybe some descriptive words would help. I know 'ice eyes' helped immensely to remember The Assassin. Sasuke's an annoying brat who's obviously complex but it doesn't make me want to whip his bottom any less. Thanks for writing!
637 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »