Reviews for The Guardian in Spite of Herself
blackrose113 chapter 4 . 3/1/2006
haha. sasuke and naruto together are so kawaii! like brothers! this was a great chapter. too bad sasuke got confused about the mission though...
Wolfkun chapter 4 . 3/1/2006
As long as details fit within your story and the characters are close to canon I wouldn't worry about details. I think your writing is some of the best on the site and I enjoy it. I just am not a HP fan. Keep up the great work. Btw, I love Naruto's exciteable dialogue.
YamiKitsuneKami chapter 4 . 3/1/2006
oo i liked the entire chapter and i cannt wait for the next so update again soon ne
White Blossoms chapter 4 . 3/1/2006
Hmm good chapter. So the trades have a ninja on there side, won't that make it difficult for them to kill him. If its him they want to kill that is. The coversation between Kakashi and Yukiko was typical, but for Sasuke to over hear only half way through it and asume things is so his character, so yay for you. Cool chapter, cant wait to see where this goes its getting good! Update when you can.

White Blossoms
reighost chapter 4 . 2/28/2006
oh god... stupid naruto! lol he's draging sasuke into a stupid mess!
E.A.V chapter 4 . 2/28/2006
Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun!

I absolutely love this story.

Thank you so~ much for writing!
RockBane chapter 4 . 2/28/2006
Great chapter! Can't wait to read the adventures that the two boys will get into! You're doing a great job with this story and hope you believe it! See you later, bye for now!
een nihc chapter 4 . 2/28/2006
Another great chapter. Hm... Ginji seemed like a wise and courteous man to me and he had some backgrounds in being a shinobi. I'd like to read more about him.

I love the interaction between Naga and her mother. It's touching to see how her mother cared for her.

Wow, and Kakashi promised to teach Sasuke! He not the kind of man who made promise easily. That's really something coming from him.

As usual, looking forward to more updates and kick-ass fight scenes )
scythe195 chapter 4 . 2/28/2006
And, as usual, with each chapter you maintain the ability to gain more and more of my respect for this amazing story and your absolutely enthralling writing style. :)

I have enjoyed reading the new chapter very much. I cannot wait to see how things play out with Naruto and Sasuke following Yukiko around. This looks to be quite intriguing with all the mischief brewing. I also really like how you have made Eiji's character out to be, very well done, in my opinion. I like how you have set up humanity into the mix, conflicting for Yukiko in the future perhaps? I also truly enjoy his brother, Ginji. Another very well made OC.

I have pondered one thing though, I remember reading that you were considering romance in this sequel. Now, please don’t get me wrong, I like the story just the way it is (read: obsessively love the story), but if you still are, I had pondered who might be considerable from what has been shown so far.

So far I have found two candidates for Yukiko, one would be Kakashi, and the other your new OC Seichi. However, both seem, none the less, still quite questionable. So, anyway, I suppose I am quite curious to hear what your standing on romance in this story currently is.

Still eagerly awaiting the next installment.

-Scythe195
LuoLiBei chapter 4 . 2/28/2006
Awesomeness. I'm not feeling very intellegent at the moment so I can't tell you what worked or not. :) Instead I will tell you I was very happy to see you updated and I think your Sasuke and Naruto are the most adorable kids and have the best interactions. :) Poor Sasuke burning the soup. How exactly does one burn a liquid? I don't know how real miso is, but the kind I had involved adding miso paste to hot water and dropping in some tofu and onions. :) These crazy ninjas, trusting little kids with sharp objects and stoves... I feel the need to go review Kakashi's age in your story now that you've mentioned it being "off" but since I didn't notice it obviously couldn't have matter that much to me. :) I was a little confused at the beginning, but I'm going to blame that on foolishly choosing not to check where the story left off to remind me of what as going on. Well written as always, no mistakes I noticed, and the plot is ever growing more interesting. Keep on writing!
Dragon Man 180 chapter 4 . 2/28/2006
Oh boy, Yukiko's mission just got alot harder. the odds are good Naruto and Sasuke will cause problems, but they could also be ignored if Yukiko gets caught and free her since anyone would assume they were normal kids.
hyperdude chapter 3 . 2/20/2006
This is wonderful. I'd actually like to see a bit more insight on Naruto. I know the story is mainly focused on Yukiko, but as Sasuke settles in, I think it would be interesting if you could pan back a bit and focus on the kids from time to time. You've got a great writing style, and I look forward to seeing more.
mia chapter 3 . 2/19/2006
i'm hoping to see iruka in this fic too. the sasuke naruto interactions were good. but most of the action seemed a little fast in the ch.
shdwphoenix chapter 3 . 2/11/2006
I haven't read a story without an all-powerful OC in such a long time. I'm going to cry. I got two of them, this one and Way of the Apartment Manager.

I'm sure you've heard countless people tell you already, but for the sake of emphasis, allow me to echo them: you are a fantastic writer. You're detailed in all the right areas (action, emotions, thoughts), and only say what's necessary for the surroundings. Or maybe that's just my personal preference, since I don't like paragraphs and paragraphs of setting anyway. I believe stories should focus on the characters, because that's why we read them in the first place. And man, I love your characters.

Though Yukiko is a talented genjutsu artist, she has her own shortcomings and is amazingly normal, has an immediately likable personality, and is in fact so unspectacular by Naruto world standards that this is precisely what makes her so unique. And thank goodness she isn't all emo-angsty lYkE oMiGaWd. Too much of that in other OC fics, I say! She thinks and reacts like a regular ninja, and that is why I like her so much.

I've never been particularly fond of Iruka, but I felt you played him very well. He's so cute with his shyness. Naga is terrific. I like her shoulder twitches. Funny.

Every little incident in the story is completely believable, from Yukiko having to rent apartments to Naruto and Sasuke to the events in the Chuunin Exam. There are no academy students water-walking here and no Genin beating up Jounin. I am content.

Actually, your explanations on genjutsu theory and use are pretty interesting. The recoil genjutsu and how Kai affects the caster of the technique being cancelled are especially so, but it makes sense to me. I'm impressed by how you set up the Chuunin Exam and strategies for passing each of the tests. They're all totally plausible.

I have nothing I can think of to suggest as improvement, and since your writing skills are stretches above my own, I don't feel I have the right to criticize you anyway, but... About the only (minor) complaint I have is that one of the Uchiha has blonde hair. Why does Tsukime have blonde hair? Maybe this is just me having reached the wrong conclusions, but I thought all Uchiha had dark hair and dark eyes as a family trait. While some of them had light gray hair, that's still very different from blonde.

That's about all I wanted to say. If you have the time, please update.

-Shdwphoenix
kitty demon chapter 3 . 2/6/2006
please don't let naga and yukiko die! also, update soon!
636 | « Prev Page 1 .. 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 .. Last Next »