Reviews for Knowing Silence
duj chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Best line:

"Any chance to level it at her somehow lessened the number of ‘know-it-all’s’ that he was carrying around with him. He chose not to closely examine his own logic."
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
Aw. This is sweet!
notoriousreviewer chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
I like it. .

I might have been called names like know-it-all in elementary school, but I was just known as the smart kid, 'cause I'm pretty intimidating. Heh...

I've never even thought of the potential to hurt someone with the phrase "know-it-all", but now that I do think of it, I'd say that an obviously teasing, but actually awed "know-it-all" from friends is okay now and again, but used like Snape uses it...see, if I were there, detentions or no, I'd be lecturing the man.
thefinalfritter chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
Aww. thats kind of cute!
Val'istar En' Alu chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
so much said in so few words...lovely and insightful.
HeraBates chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
A brilliant look at words and their power when used in a negative way. It was beautifully written and I liked the way that Severus calling Hermione a know-it-all was linked back to his own school days.

"At times like that, he found he could bear the burden of being a know-it-all with just a bit more grace."
Droxy chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
The power of words as a weapon is nicely illustrated here.
Horserider chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
Gave me the SS/HG fuzzies! More, please? This has possibilities...HR
Gin chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
Very true.
Deeble chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
I'm glad you looked a little deeper - not only is it likely that Snape's classmates called him the very same thing, but it really is hurtful, as dismissive as it is about knowledge and the quest to know.

And hm ... I wonder if the Death Eaters might, for a misguided, angry know-it-all youth, seem like a group that would accept someone with such a drive. Ep.
Michelle chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
Painfully true! Very insightful, thanks.
The Tall Violets chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
Nice...please update! please!
Possum132 chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
Top stuff! I have been pondering on this likeness between Snape and Hermione. "Desperate for praise" and "socially retarded" - brilliant.