Reviews for Kim Possible: The Next Generation
scifijoe chapter 27 . 3/26
And The Adventure Continues. . . .
scifijoe chapter 31 . 1/7
A good story.
ScifiJoe chapter 31 . 1/6
A cute and funny story.
i have but one question? What happened to the Naco?

hehehehehehe
kingryu chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
Oh the irony! "Kim, you're reaching for the stars. Me? I'm down here."
Guest chapter 31 . 3/16/2014
awesome
Guest chapter 27 . 3/16/2014
awesome story best I have read
Imyoshi chapter 6 . 9/18/2013
Haha being considered a dumb blonde has worked out in his favor oh Ron you smart devil!
Imyoshi chapter 5 . 9/18/2013
Finally Kim eats meat again like a real person (Personal opinion) Ron your simply amazing.
Imyoshi chapter 4 . 9/17/2013
Drinking contest never fails go Ron!
Imyoshi chapter 3 . 9/17/2013
Mission always interrupts their me time
final-zangetsu chapter 2 . 9/15/2013
Wow Kim sure is facing trouble. She is thinking about his ears hahaha and she wants to kill Yori.
final-zangetsu chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Wow nice start for this story. I wonder who is going to win the pool?
Imyoshi chapter 2 . 9/15/2013
Guinan is most definitely like a father figure to our growing Kimmie.
Imyoshi chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Gosh Kim is already having emotional troubles damn the pressure. Haha liked the last line warped speed!
Norwesterner chapter 27 . 7/30/2013
After my fourth or fifth very enjoyable immersion into this story over the several years it has existed, I thought it time I owed it, and you, a review, even though you have many for this story — deservedly so.

First, MrDrP, you should know that you and this story are basically responsible for inspiring my own odyssey, even vocation now in writing fiction. Having written a number of policy overviews, as well as concept proposals and business plans over the years, I should have realized I was already writing fiction to an extent. But your being a middle-aged guy like me, married, as you mention in your profile — something I wish I was — and yet as an amateur (at least when you wrote this), so artfully combining two of my favorite shows into a story that is so comprehensive, engaging and memorable . . . it all convinced me to start exploring stories of my own. A few years, and several readings of this and a number of your other stories onward, I find I’ve written my own stories here on FanFiction (what I call my ‘training stories’), as well as three original motion picture screenplays in different genres, along with planned companion novelizations, and other original story ideas as well.

Your command though of both the Kim Possible and Star Trek canons, combined with a real insight into people, love and how the best relationships work, and a gripping, cinematic-scale saga has produced a story that has frankly dissuaded me from wanting to read any conventional Star Trek novel, period, as I know the enjoyable combination of heart and adventure you have weaved in this story just wouldn’t exist anywhere else. Even both TV series and perhaps the Trek movies (at least a number of them) are just not as sweeping, deeply loving and satisfying to me as this story repeatedly is.

That said, and as good as it definitely is, this story — and I’ll presume you have continued to grow in your writing skills — isn’t quite perfect though. Maybe settling into mostly being a visually-oriented writer now myself, I tend to read stories like movies . . . and this story does tend to jerk me around a bit through sometimes very quick scenes, jumps, and even section cuts within the same scene. For example, why not combine sections X, XI and maybe IX, too, together in Chapter 25? Plus, even though viewers have seen it a thousand times, most Star Trek away missions still start with an establishing transporter shot. To jump into the middle of Kim’s investigation on the Zygolon Array in Chapter 3 without a beam-in, a mood-setting description of the surroundings, and at least a, “Spread out,” from Riker, as well as starting in medias res with the Enterprise maneuvers in Chapter 13 rather than a dramatic count-down and "mark" . . . I’m just left with a feeling of incompleteness, like a minute or so of the film has been cut to fit the story within some allotted time, or the story itself skipped a groove or two. You did much better later with the arrival on Taigus VIII in Chapter 24 however. I could see and feel I was there with the characters as they entered the scene.

Another area that the best stories don’t skip is in allowing characters to summarize or recap situations to one another. I loved Guinan’s explanation of Kim's viewpoint to Ron in Chapter 12 that readers had already experienced. But again, in other places I felt the story was skipping — thrusting me as a reader from being in the story to reading a Cliff Notes “telling” (as opposed to showing) summary of, “ … and she explained the situation to him,” in a good number of places. As a fellow writer, I appreciate the strong desire to avoid being repetitive; but somehow TV and movie stories usually allow the characters opportunities to recap the situations to one another that oftentimes audiences had already witnessed, with characters perhaps putting their own enjoyable ‘spin’ on it, as well as being chances to hone and display a writer’s skill. These summaries though just felt like a ‘mute’ button was suddenly applied, and the narrator was noting that one character did inform the other — almost like an attorney interrupting a witness at trial and attesting for the record that what a witness was about to say was accepted as a given by the opposition in order to move ahead.

The climax and ending (and I will not spoil them here) were very satisfying. But the bonus chapters felt like they should have been a separate episodic sequel perhaps. I didn’t really feel like reading them this time, wanting to just savor the main story’s ending instead. And I know Chapter 15 and the beginning of 16 are KP canon, but they are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me every time I read them, as the latter parts of 15 (III, IV and V) “tell” in summary to an almost painful extent in a way that the relevant KP TV episode never did. If nothing else, dreams are always experienced from the character’s viewpoint, never from beyond that, and I felt it was an awkward way to introduce at least one of the villains to Ron’s awareness who he did not personally encounter in the dream. I can tell you were likely having great fun as a writer painting in very broad strokes, but it all just continues to jerk me right out of the story into Cliff Notes land.

Perhaps most lastingly though, this story continues to remind me what both bad and good relationships can look and feel like, and the hallmarks of each. You did this so well that the second time I read this story, I cribbed a series of story excerpts to remind myself of what I should be looking and holding out for in my own second chance in life. I haven’t found her yet, but I can only aspire to sharing as supportive and encouraging a relationship with a ‘Kim’ of my own, in my own way, as Ron does in your story.

This story is so good and so complete however, that I wouldn’t really ask you to produce a sequel. The arc of this story from friends discovering love through partners who give everything for one another, surrounded by new friends and a magnificent adventure across space, is just that perfect. Maybe just consider a revised edition though, a “director’s cut” — one where you apply what you’ve learned since, and where some of the scenes and dialogue aren’t quite so short, quick, or skipped. Some quick dialogue scenes in this story frankly remind me of the way they cut and pace ‘Downton Abbey’, hardly giving a character a chance to react before cutting to another scene. You’ll have to let me know if you do this though (or I’ll have to keep checking back), as this story is so engrossing that I downloaded it e-book fashion chapter by chapter once I started into it the first time, as I just couldn’t sit reading it on my laptop by the phone on my rural dial-up internet connection. I know — so Twentieth Century, and it doesn’t show up in your story stats more than once, but it’s what I’m stuck with for now. But your chapter cliffhangers are so good that I keep trying to consume your story in one sitting. It is that hard to put down. I was up until almost 5 AM reading from the start through Chapter 22 this time.

But thank you for creating the best single Kim Possible and Star Trek story I, and probably many others, could ever ask for. It is an experience that every time I read it, I just want to dwell and linger in.
1,284 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »