Reviews for The Sweetest Lies
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 12 . 5/7/2012
This is sort of FLCL meets BECK. I dug it!
RedWolf23 chapter 12 . 5/3/2011
Hey, I just finished this a bit ago and I really liked it! I know you finished this years ago, but I figured you wouldn't mind if I left a review saying how much I enjoyed it all. Great story, and excellent ending! I'm adding it to my favorites.
mttrackmaster38 chapter 12 . 6/14/2010
Your story was incredible! I loved the way you did the "bromance". Nobody usually writes that in their flcl stories because Naota never really had a close guy friend. And its amazing that you did it without it beginning to become fruity.
AeriaGloriis chapter 12 . 2/28/2010
even though you wrote this ages and ages ago, i still feel that i must review

simply put, Naota and Sanjis friendship was beautiful. you don't find that type of pureness in a friendship that often and i think you captured it amazingly.

like you said, the friendship between Sanji and Naota was the central relationship for the story and overall it worked well. i'm a girl so i love romance as much as the next (stereotypical, i know) but i looked forward to the Naota/Sanji moments more than the Sanji&Naota/Ninamori ones. they were that enjoyable.

oh, and your original character, Sanji. normally i'm not that fond of reading fics with OCs but Sanji was well written. well balanced too. he did not overshadow anything (even if he turned out to be the second most important character to the fic) and i felt that i didn't mind that he became so important to the story

lastly, chapter 12 was that awesomesauceness. i enjoyed it soo much! nothing else to say but it was a good ending to the fic.
funkmasterjo chapter 12 . 11/6/2009
So AWESOME
funkmasterjo chapter 9 . 11/6/2009
This is all so FRIGGIN DEEP
batosimanslayer unsigned chapter 12 . 9/18/2009
absolutely floored. your writing style is, in my opinion, incredibly unpolished, and i loved every word of it. ive read so many great books over the years, but this 'short' story, compared to the rest, easily takes the cake. i dont think ive ever actually shook while reading before
Nederbird chapter 12 . 10/11/2008
Incredible!

I've read a lot of fics since I registered here about a year ago (I think) and this has got to be the very first one that priritizes friendship over romance, storywise. I've always wanted to write something similiar myself, but becuase my lack of discipline I rarely if ever even manage to get beyond the beginning.

In any case, a story such as this was badly needed. It was good too, brilliant in my mind! I've always had difficulty reading stories that use the first-person POV, but you pulled it off perfectly! I really like how you fleshed out all the characters, how we get a greater look into their thoughts and mindsets. It was really easy to relate to any of them in my mind. The only one that felt strange to me must've been Ninamori. She never really striked me as the manipulative or loose person that is portrayed here, more like the no-care sort of girl, but I guess that's more of an interpreting issue.

I also really like how you included the two otherwise almost unnoticable side-characters: Gaku and Masashi. I think you did a very good job with Masashi, I don't know how you feel about him but I at least came to symphathize with him quite a lot during the course of this story, especially after revealing the whole thing about his grandfather. I just sort of feel sorry for the guy. Gaku, even while he was incessantly annoying I think you managed to lift out his good qualities too, such as his kindness or concern for his friend (I think). I also like that neither Haruko nor Mamimi got any to little place in the story, I never really liked them. :/

All in all, this story is of a sort seldom found and absolutely brilliant. Think there were some very few spelling errors in the beggining though (or I might just have mixed it up with another FLCL fic, I don't remember XD). Nevertheless, this story's one of the best I've read in a good while, it's kind of special in a way. Welcome to my Favourite Author's list by the way, I hope you'll be able to feel at home there.

Five out of five thumbs up if you'd like a numerical rating btw. :P

Med Vänliga Hälsningar, Nederbörd.
tasty cheez chapter 12 . 10/27/2007
i read this start to finish non stop.(well i red the first half went to bed woke up and finished it. same thing)

great story I loved it
tasty cheez chapter 5 . 10/26/2007
i dont care if people dont think. thats naota. the "you could of just said it ya know." line between naota and ninamori it reminded me so much of when naota told haruko he loved her in the show. whether you know it or not you've got noata pegged
Cyber-Porygon chapter 12 . 10/9/2007
not many people can nd a fic in a way that ties up most of the loose ends and I love the irony at the end
Da-Deranged-Dude chapter 12 . 9/12/2007
Good god... This story is freaking amazing! The action scene was awesome too! This is great man!
Rue It Hard chapter 12 . 8/5/2007
You are correct. Not half bad at all.
VASHATSOCOM chapter 12 . 8/4/2007
Well I gotta say my thoughts on this seeing as I have given my opinion of this story for every previous chapter. I liked it, I cant say I loved it but I liked it. Honestly there would have been few ways to end this story in a way that was responsible and a way that fully pleased me. I think you did Haruko very well, I just have problems at the end of the day facing the fact that she is very selfish. As you showed Naota's thinking process about Mahashi I had almost seen somewhat of a weird relationship that I guess wasnt realized. Mahashi being a Naota of sorts, a kid who lies to himself yet sees the world for what it truly is. The Ending letter I wish was longer but I suppose you need to keep a sense of captivation. But sir if there is one thing you can only point fault at yourself for its leaving room for a sequel. I mean if you had killed off all the characters you would be on easy street (Saying you didnt do some weird alternate reality Eva-like story, which I would have still loved). The words Naota speaks are "It was the first time I left Earth." So if you get assaulted by fans for a sequel, point the blame at yourself. I perhaps sound harsher then I at all intentioned but I loved this story and am a little bitter to see it end. To new and old things my friend. If you were in a gun fight I would be behind you with the Katana. P.S. I really liked the Euthanasia joke.
AddleBoy chapter 11 . 7/30/2007
Man, I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this story. I'm sort of... speechless, ya know? All I can say is I can't wait to read the next chapter and the rest of your stories.