Reviews for And vengeance
Nebelkind chapter 3 . 2/5/2010
Somehow it's pretty sad..

It's not finished, is it?

..or are you leaving it with an open end..?

...would be a very open end..

I want to read what happens now!

KittiMarlowe chapter 2 . 3/4/2007
I don't know why the other review I wrote didn't get submitted-I typed out a long explanation there-yeah hi it's me, it's been so long I've even forgotten my own password, but that's not important, I've got no more use for it anyway.

I'm quitting. I retired a long time ago, but I decided tonight that I ought to wind up some loose ends. This is a loose end: so I'm tying it up and burning the knot to make sure it holds. Bye.
KittiMarlowe chapter 3 . 3/4/2007
hi. this is terrible-there's no way to prove it's really me, but it is. Hi guys. It's been so long that I've already forgotten my password and the email address I used to use.

So, can you guess? I think so. Yeah, I quit. I've grown a great deal and I'm done with this. Just in case any lost souls stumble upon this, this is for them: please leave, please don't come back here because it's never going to be updated. I'd hate to be the cause of any disappointment or frustration. In any case, I'm so glad, I'd be so glad if anyone appreciated my work, but it's over, I've moved on, I write differently; thank you for the time. It's been effortful-for us both I think, this is for anyone who's read my stuff.

So yeah. This is just a definitive end-hey, is it me or is getting uglier and uglier and harder to navigate? Okay, I wish they had'nt changed the whole thing. There wasn't anything wrong with it to my knowledge.

Goodbye.
Tastytime chapter 3 . 11/8/2006
I find it strange, how much I liked this. I love your habit of rather than writing heavy long paragraphs, merely summoning images up with just a sentence or a word. It has an airy dream like quality, that is excellent. My favourite line is 'winter counted her pennies with her thin frugal fingers and decided she could no longer afford to keep the land warm' what a terrific image. Have faved this story
Forrest chapter 3 . 8/6/2006
I really like your style of writing. I find it intrigueing and sad and...well, I cant really describe it but it's like gasping for air. I feel desolate and alone...Your writing is detached, almost like "Leopold" must be. Your writing is beautiful.
KittiMarlowe chapter 2 . 5/12/2006
To: The Doctors In

What kind of writing do you like? Leave some examples, then I'll be able to tell if it's me who's making this difficult or just that our tastes in styles clash.

'And hopefully along the way you could write for your own enjoyment and not find that your ability to write or not write, somehow fringes on the reviews that people do and do not give as a excuse.'-Did I say that? Did I give any indication of that?

The fact that I rewrote a chapter because I wanted to speaks for itself.

I'm not angry with you; just a little worn out listening to you always.
The Doctors In chapter 2 . 5/11/2006
I have found this story very hard to read. You dont seem to say anything in a simple form. Everything is so open to every and all interpertations that I am exhausted after only these two chapters and have very little understanding of what you are trying to say. The conversations are mingled with words that are not direct conversations between the two partipants and therefore you can never be taken off to another time and place. A lot of time put into descriptives and not enough being said about what is plainly happening or said. Try writing simply and you may yourself enjoying your writing and not looseing your track of thought and looseing your place in what your were trying to say. If your saying that something is white then in your descriptive say that it is white and dont get too lost in just how it got white and why it stayed white and what might change it from being white, you can easily see that even you as the writer could get lost. And hopefully along the way you could write for your own enjoyment and not find that your ability to write or not write, somehow fringes on the reviews that people do and do not give as a excuse. The Doctor.
sarita celestial flores chapter 2 . 2/8/2006
what a lovley story. please update soon.
Legolass Q chapter 2 . 12/12/2005
Hi Kitti - I'm afraid I really have been heavily pressed for time, and between trying to keep up with the chapters of my own story (as in my REAL life with LOTR) and work (as in the 'other' world) - I'm afraid I haven't had enough time to do much reading. :-(

Now that I have seen this, though, I have to say once again that your idea is wonderful - it seems to have more 'narrative' than the rest; there seems to be a hint of a flow of events, whereas the previous works were merely reflections and conversations. On their own, they did not seem to lead anywhere, which is fine for literary writing class, but for fanfiction readers, they needed to be part of a bigger story. The problem then was it was difficult to see just where you were headed.

With this story, however, I seem to see it going somewhere - I get the impression that something is going to happen, that this meeting is going to lead to something else, and I want to wait and find out. :-)

So, good. Now you just need to work on the presentation. I still think the very first story you wrote was the real voice of Kitti. How about using THAT kind of discourse for this story? :-) But for the sake of the majority of readers, use conventions such as quotation marks for dialogue, etc.

I cannot presume to be a better writer than you, Kitti, but if I had time, I'd take your story and do something with it to see if you like it - and maybe one day I will. But for now, do NOT run from your story or give up. Carry on - have the plot straight in your head to guide you. IF you'd like - why don't you write me with the plot, so I can see if your chapters are going in the right direction? :-) Whether or not you do - all the best with the story!
The doctors In chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
Geez, I think just some plain writing would be what is needed here. Too much innendo and abstract or subtle words that have so many meanings that only if you get the context of the sentence is it really revealed. I found myself going back and rereading sentences hopeing to derive just what the hell you were talking about. And I must confess that other than Arwen dying and Eldarion looking like his mother I didn't get another meaning at all from this chapter. Try writing one story and writing it to the best of your ability and don't worry about other peoples interest as your reason for continueing it or not. You either intend to finish a piece or you don't it really hasn't a thing to do with anyone else, for it was never anyones elses idea in the beginning. Did you start your story saying, "now if the reviewer says this or that then I will be able to be all that I can be" Foolishness, and you and I jolly well know it. If you write too many stories you best stand to become blocked from idea for they criss cross and become a jumbled mess in time. Do you best. Let people know what each character is thinking, what they are doing, and why and say it in common lay-person language and the reviews will come automatically, and if your lucky and you get an awesome story going for they won't all be that way, the reviewers will respond without your needing them to be a fundamental reason why your story continues or is good. Only you can make your story great and working on a writing technique that is easy to understand and enjoyable no else really. The doctor.
eyes of sky chapter 2 . 12/8/2005
hey, thanks for my 'reply'! i was a bit slow to catch on to this! i think perhaps the action could have been more lively and clear to contrast with the rest of the languidity, as it sort of tailed off towards the end. it needed to feel like more of an important event i think, even though he may not have realised it. perhaps it was a little bit too subtle.
Marchwriter chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
Very intriguing. I love the soft style of it. Ambiguous at times (during the dialogue) and non-fluff. With only the subtlest inflection of slash that I could detect. I like it.

Cheers!

The Lady of Light
eyes of sky chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
i like it. somehow you make the idea seem completely original, you have put your own stamp on it. beautiful language without trying too hard.